Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-19-2024, 03:10 PM   #531
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
^ Don't let the impossible dream sell you...
Even though it’s been said that it’s a production piece I’m gonna play the sensible game for once and hold out till it’s either in someone’s hands or photo proof…
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 03:26 PM   #532
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Even though it?s been said that it?s a production piece I?m gonna play the sensible game for once and hold out till it?s either in someone?s hands or photo proof?
Right on.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 03:37 PM   #533
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Even though it?s been said that it?s a production piece I?m gonna play the sensible game for once and hold out till it?s either in someone?s hands or photo proof?
..and what if the piece goes to waitlist?
You snooze, you lose..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 03:42 PM   #534
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
..and what if the piece goes to waitlist?
You snooze, you lose..
I’m not gonna sweat missing out, if I miss it I miss it, it obviously wasn’t meant to be
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 07:31 PM   #535
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Even though it’s been said that it’s a production piece I’m gonna play the sensible game for once and hold out till it’s either in someone’s hands or photo proof…
I'll definitely post some photos when I get it, I hope these are painted at the same factory as the sideshow Dejah Thoris was
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 07:48 PM   #536
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I'll definitely post some photos when I get it, I hope these are painted at the same factory as the sideshow Dejah Thoris was
Of course I understand what you mean but where is not near as important as who and under what conditions including time constraints.
Chinese figurine factories are highly transitory and volatile.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM   #537
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Of course I understand what you mean but where is not near as important as who and under what conditions including time constraints.
Chinese figurine factories are highly transitory and volatile.
That's true, this one does have a very short turnaround, hope I'm not disappointed with it
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 12:11 AM   #538
Buttmunch
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I’m not too worried. The preorder photos are of a production sample. Sideshow has a lot riding on the first release. If the factory botches her, the line is as good as dead. This isn’t a Marvel or DC piece that can be a forgettable stinker amid a larger selection. This line has to speak for itself to survive and exist. So I’m highly doubt Sideshow will release a subpar statue to start this line. I’m thinking it might be the opposite and she could end up a sought after item before too long. First items in any line can have smaller runs than later items. The Dead’s Patient Zero was a good example of that. Playing it safe with a small run to gage interest only to find out the demand outweighed the edition size.
Buttmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 07:16 AM   #539
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
I?m not too worried. The preorder photos are of a production sample. Sideshow has a lot riding on the first release. If the factory botches her, the line is as good as dead. This isn?t a Marvel or DC piece that can be a forgettable stinker amid a larger selection. This line has to speak for itself to survive and exist. So I?m highly doubt Sideshow will release a subpar statue to start this line. I?m thinking it might be the opposite and she could end up a sought after item before too long. First items in any line can have smaller runs than later items. The Dead?s Patient Zero was a good example of that. Playing it safe with a small run to gage interest only to find out the demand outweighed the edition size.
Considering Sideshow's reputation and the importance of this line, I have confidence that they will ensure a high-quality release for this statue.
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 09:53 AM   #540
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by becakbagus View Post
Considering Sideshow's reputation and the importance of this line, I have confidence that they will ensure a high-quality release for this statue.
Indeed. And here is the new head of the paintingg department explaining his (her?) respectful approach to the work of the sculptor.

Ah, sorry, the mic was off.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote