Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #541
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Unfortunately, this is the SS norm for statues now. $349 is the lowest for a PF now.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #542
loricstone
Kang

Poison Ivy has even less extras than SW and she is $349 too. I miss the good ole $299 days.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #543
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Unfortunately, this is the SS norm for statues now. $349 is the lowest for a PF now.
LOL, doesn't mean they're worth it. IMO, something like Babydoll or Elvira is a lot more worth the money than this piece (and I have this piece on pre-order).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #544
loricstone
Kang

True. But SW was part of the newer pricing scheme. If you break it down. She has a similar cape as Storm, switch out hand as well. Storm has a more elaborate base but clearly, SW base was made to specifically fit in with the other Avenger bases. Secondly, there was no realistic alt head for Scarlet Witch. Her eyes don't go white when she uses her hex.

I won't disagree with you on the pricing scheme, but you and I and everyone else knew how much she cost when we pre-ordered her. So why the sudden change of heart now? She looks immaculate.

I wish she was $324 just like Storm was, but aint happening. I guess we can expect to see Jean Gray be at least $349 too. Same for Harley and Catwoman.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #545
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
So was there an early shipment notice because I didn't get 1?
No early ship emails. Flex payers of 2-3 payments got theirs early. My buddy is the owner if SW
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #546
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
True. But SW was part of the newer pricing scheme. If you break it down. She has a similar cape as Storm, switch out hand as well. Storm has a more elaborate base but clearly, SW base was made to specifically fit in with the other Avenger bases. Secondly, there was no realistic alt head for Scarlet Witch. Her eyes don't go white when she uses her hex.

I won't disagree with you on the pricing scheme, but you and I and everyone else knew how much she cost when we pre-ordered her. So why the sudden change of heart now? She looks immaculate.

I wish she was $324 just like Storm was, but aint happening. I guess we can expect to see Jean Gray be at least $349 too. Same for Harley and Catwoman.
Honestly, I don't agree with any of your points, other than $350 is what we can expect now for prices.

They didn't HAVE to choose the tiny little A base. She Hulk didn't have it, nor Capt. America, nor Black Panther, nor Thor, etc.

Second, they could have done a change of head. We have seen plenty of characters that have had awesome switch out heads that didn't have anything to do with whited out eyes.

My change of heart is coming from all of the statues that are suddenly releasing this month and next, and me re-evaluating which ones I really love, and which ones I can do without, and when I see one that is very basic and simple priced at the same price as pieces far more elaborate, it makes me really consider cancelling.

I think Scarlet Witch is going to end up being one I can do without.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #547
Fremen
Birds of Prey

They must have switched factories or something.
She looks great.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #548
CustomPaintWork
Kindly Asked To Leave

It looks awesome, thanks Klear Knives for posting.
CustomPaintWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #549
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

When you compare this to Storm, BD & Vamp, SW should had been cheaper. $300 should had been set based on the complexity of the sculpt.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #550
CustomPaintWork
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Honestly, I don't agree with any of your points, other than $350 is what we can expect now for prices.

They didn't HAVE to choose the tiny little A base. She Hulk didn't have it, nor Capt. America, nor Black Panther, nor Thor, etc.

Second, they could have done a change of head. We have seen plenty of characters that have had awesome switch out heads that didn't have anything to do with whited out eyes.

My change of heart is coming from all of the statues that are suddenly releasing this month and next, and me re-evaluating which ones I really love, and which ones I can do without, and when I see one that is very basic and simple priced at the same price as pieces far more elaborate, it makes me really consider cancelling.

I think Scarlet Witch is going to end up being one I can do without.
I see where you are coming from.

I really liked this statue when it was first unveiled, however the price did throw me back a bit.

I wouldn't consider this a piece I would want to do without, however if Vision or Scarlet Witch had significant paint probs or issues I would probably cancel both.

I wouldn't want one without the other.

I've been re-evaluating which orders I could do without and it ironically falls on 3 that are the most anticipated.. maybe cus Im not a huge fan and my collection would still stand out alright without them.

Those 3 are

-Hot Toys Joker 2.0
-Sagat PCS EX
-Poison Ivy / Rhino

granted I am much more inclined to keep Rhino over Poison Ivy because I don't have that many DC pieces to begin with and I don't see myself collecting a lot of DC stuff.

Of course I wouldn't cancel anything so long as the quality speaks volumes.
CustomPaintWork is offline   Reply With Quote