Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-18-2021, 11:20 AM   #541
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Those portraits are killer! I'm not as keen on the pose, but overall it looks good.
I feel this is the best angle to display this particular statue. The pose doesn't seem as odd from this view and then when you add Sabretooth to the scene it all makes sense, at least to me it does. The unmasked portrait is so tough with this PF.

IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:36 AM   #542
SONICobra
Batman

Looks just like the prototype, great sculpt but couldn’t get on board with the pose
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:42 AM   #543
FJC
Midnighter

Agree with most opinions here. Phenomenal portraits and very well sculpted overall. My only knock on the piece has always been the pose..
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:46 AM   #544
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
I feel this is the best angle to display this particular statue. The pose doesn't seem as odd from this view and then when you add Sabretooth to the scene it all makes sense, at least to me it does. The unmasked portrait is so tough with this PF.

I'd definitely display him like you did if I had this piece. Especially if you pair him up with Sabretooth. Then it'll look like a pretty cool diorama. The challenge with this PF is displaying it as a stand alone statue.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:49 AM   #545
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

We're always asking for different types of poses and this is the one that we got. Can't say that Sideshow doesn't at least try and get away from all the normal poses that we're use to seeing with these statues.
Old 12-18-2021, 11:51 AM   #546
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I'd definitely display him like you did if I had this piece. Especially if you pair him up with Sabretooth. Then it'll look like a pretty cool diorama. The challenge with this PF is displaying it as a stand alone statue.
My plan is to display this piece with Sabs' with the 2005 diorama spliting the both the PF's.
Old 12-18-2021, 02:12 PM   #547
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Agree with most options here. Phenomenal portraits and very well sculpted overall. My only knock on the piece has always been the pose..
Well, most people knock on this piece has been pose and nothing else. Missed oportunity if you ask me.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 10:17 PM   #548
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Yeah, my main problem with this piece is the awkward pose. I have a few nitpicky things like the claws being too long to be housed in his forearm (something that can be a problem in drawings as well) or personal taste in not liking the underwear section of the costume. But overall this is a nicely done sculpt with good proportions and amazing rendering/details. The production paint looks pretty much as good as the prototype to me.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 01:03 AM   #549
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Yeah, my main problem with this piece is the awkward pose. I have a few nitpicky things like the claws being too long to be housed in his forearm (something that can be a problem in drawings as well) or personal taste in not liking the underwear section of the costume. But overall this is a nicely done sculpt with good proportions and amazing rendering/details. The production paint looks pretty much as good as the prototype to me.
Bro! You're so right about the claws. They are so freaking long that they are the length of his entire arm. NO CAP!

When I see this pose it makes me think about the Sabretooth vs Wolverine diorama. I feel like this is the start to the way the diorama was made of these two foes. Awkward pose, yes, but not a deal breaker by any means, it's all subjective anyways. That's what makes art so special, subjectivity.
Old 12-19-2021, 01:31 AM   #550
Biggunz
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

This is south park wolverine

I don't want this retard :/
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote