Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-10-2023, 05:45 PM   #541
SONICobra
Batman

i dont know, i like the alt portrait but it always reminded me of
Spoiler
angry ned flanders
(may not be able to unsee, read at your own risk) the one included with both versions is perfection to me
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 05:47 PM   #542
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i dont know, i like the alt portrait but it always reminded me of
Spoiler
angry ned flanders
(may not be able to unsee, read at your own risk) the one included with both versions is perfection to me
Nah don't see it. The regular portrait's eyes make me think Simpsons more than the alt at all.

Ooooh yellow Mer-Man...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 05:50 PM   #543
SONICobra
Batman

yeah i can see that, mer-mans always been pretty bugged out though. did you pick the green up at all or were you wanting the blue? either way its a beautiful statue, the details really pop in person
Old 08-10-2023, 06:00 PM   #544
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
i think its the right call, the low es and niche color choice are the appeal here. this way folks with the original ex and reg still have something special
Exactly. It really pissed me off when they gave Hordak's cannon arm, which was SUPPOSED to be an extra special thank you EX ONLY item, to the Filmation color variant too.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 06:18 PM   #545
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
yeah i can see that, mer-mans always been pretty bugged out though. did you pick the green up at all or were you wanting the blue? either way its a beautiful statue, the details really pop in person
Oh I got the green EX and want a blue too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Exactly. It really pissed me off when they gave Hordak's cannon arm, which was SUPPOSED to be an extra special thank you EX ONLY item, to the Filmation color variant too.
Just to be clear both heads came with the Reg and Ex. The EX is the Trident which is not as big a deal to me. This here is less statue and just a blue skin color. Even the yellow armor is the same which makes both versions not made during the same production even more inexplicable.

Hordak's canon arm is just too definitive to the Filmation look. He did that arm most episodes. I default that it is better for extras to be inclusive than exclusive. Exclusive is kinda giving in to jealousy.
Old 08-10-2023, 06:31 PM   #546
DevGuy
The Spirit

If I get in on this line - is He-Man yet to be released or did I miss him? Don't wanna start a line unless I can get them all...

I'm seriously considering the IS 1/10 line too... thoughts?
DevGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 06:39 PM   #547
SONICobra
Batman

tweeterhead is revisiting he-man at some point soonish supposedly, maybe a tease this weekend....?

the IS is nice but pretty hit or miss imo, some sculpts are really detailed and realistic and others seem a little more plain and animation inspired

i would say if you can afford the $ and space go all in on TH. its still very early in their legends line and you can pick up most everything thats been released or is still up for po
Old 08-10-2023, 06:43 PM   #548
DevGuy
The Spirit

$ isn't an issue.

The IS 1/10 line has tons of characters and I like the space-saving. Also not sure I'd want 15 x 1/5 or larger statues in my home, as I already have a ton of 1/3s and 1/4s for other lines overtaking the place .

I'm super keen on He-Man on Battlecat too. I preordered him then cancelled when I thought I was getting out of statues, but I might just preorder again.

As for Legends, ere in AU I can get these in the legends line:
Skeletor
Trapjaw
Merman

Have I missed any?

Even if TWH announce a new He-Man shortly, kinda sucks having the rest of the line on display for a year or more without him.
Old 08-10-2023, 07:10 PM   #549
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
$ isn't an issue.

The IS 1/20 line has tons of characters and I like the space-saving. Also not sure I'd want 15 x 1/5 or larger statues in my home, as I already have a ton of 1/3s and 1/4s for other lines overtaking the place .

I'm super keen on He-Man on Battlecat too. I preordered him then cancelled when I thought I was getting out of statues, but I might just preorder again.

As for Legends, ere in AU I can get these in the legends line:
Skeletor
Trapjaw
Merman

Have I missed any?

Even if TWH announce a new He-Man shortly, kinda sucks having the rest of the line on display for a year or more without him.
Well this is also a continuation and inspired by the art direction of the Sideshow 1/5 MOTU line so therer is a He-Man choice available.

But you sound undecided so maybe best to get a few IS pieces and see what you think for less risk? Character selection will always be more conservative the more expensive the line so the IS line may always have more characters. You won't be seeing 2 separate poses for He-Man and Skeletor from Tweeterhead but Tweeterhead is my jam.

My biggest turnoff with most 1/10 is the downgrade from advertised proto to in hand production.
Old 08-10-2023, 07:47 PM   #550
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
My biggest turnoff with most 1/10 is the downgrade from advertised proto to in hand production.
Do you have pics or videos of these downgrades for the MOTU line? I couldn’t find anything other than reviews of He-Man and Skeletor on throne.