Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 04-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #5651
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
That's why I mainly lurk over at EB. Its not worth dealing with all the a-holes. The few that we have here are enough for me.
Man why ya gotta call me out like that.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #5652
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
Man why ya gotta call me out like that.
How did you know I was talking about you?!

I figured this was the call out thread ever since Luminous called me a whiny b!tch.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #5653
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:

I figured this was the call out thread ever since Luminous called me a whiny b!tch.
I did no such thing!
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #5654
furycat
Death is hereditary.

people have to be have empathy. if you dont like his/her art dont destroy their career just comment that you dont like their style and move along.
i myself also bought print that some EB people said it come straight from the scene screen shot of the movie but i bought it nevertheless since i love the movie and well i fan of his works.

dude i even bought collage art prints lol....dont care what so called "artsy people" that said collage not an art....
furycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #5655
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I did no such thing!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:58 PM   #5656
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
That's what ALL of these guys do. Every single one of them just takes an existing still and manipulates it to fit their "style". The "art" is their eye for design. Stout, Ansin, Taylor, Gabz, Moss; all of the big dogs in this hobby do it. Even Loukotka did it for our Dredd print.

I thought everyone in the print community knew this and was simply on board. I guess that is where my confusion in all this is coming from. Why was Manev called out and nobody else?
Exactly! All of my friends who are art majors in school right now look at my prints and their like "yeah all they did was do this, this, and that". Really easy process of manipulating images. Thats why i was asking if Mondo will continue and be consistent on this issue or else singling Manev out is BS.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #5657
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

As much as it pains me to do so, I have to defend Mondo here. Save this post, this will be the first and last time.

They have tried to position themselves as the most legit gallery (licenses for everything they do). Why on earth would they risk damaging themselves for ONE print? Sorry, but they're running a business and the risk there is far greater than the reward from the sale of a single print. They might not even agree with what they felt they had to do, who knows. Fact is, it was the correct decision from a business standpoint. Yes, there are some/many artists that manipulate images to create their art, but this is one of the worst yet. Most are not nearly this obvious and Manev should have known better. I have 3 pieces of his work so I am most definitely a fan, but this time he took the dirty little secret and pushed it WAY too far.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:34 PM   #5658
rottencat
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

My problem was that the character did not look like the real one. Maybe some folks have not seen the movie or do not care but for me it was a big turnoff.
I expect to see only originals, the real deal.
rottencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #5659
bloodrain
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Doesnt exactly look good when they have a marvel show this week and they sell a print days before that turned out to be a reused marvel image.

I dont think that would have gone well if they didnt pull it
bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:51 AM   #5660
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrain View Post
Doesnt exactly look good when they have a marvel show this week and they sell a print days before that turned out to be a reused marvel image.

I dont think that would have gone well if they didnt pull it
Well maybe it might not have portrayed the correct example in many ways i doubt it would hurt the current show. Mikes work is defiantly original theres no second guessing. Even though Mondo might have not been in the best standing in the eyes of scrutiny and fair play the fans that are fans of Mitchells work will still support the artist.