Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 12:07 AM   #561
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaMitchell View Post
Blitzway has a terrific Fei Long statue. Theirs is called Bruce Lee, but those are semantics. Really, though, check it out is you need a Fei Long fix is everything but name.
There are plenty of real life people inspiring many Street Fighter characters and I wouldn't consider any of them an acceptable substitute for a PCS Street Fighter statue.

BTW, you should post replies here, and not in the "Ask" thread.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:01 PM   #562
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Hey y'all,

Question: I've seen M.Bison's name coming up quite a bit lately. Strangely I see his name mentioned amongst the likes of Akuma, Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and Cammy.

I had no idea Bison was considered to hold this level of popularity? Honestly, I'm not sure I feel he does.

Thoughts?

I'd like to add....

If another M.Bison was to be made I'd really support the idea of Bison on a throne!

It'd be fine if he was 1/4 scale. It could even be the revisit.

Also.

Am I in the minority that I hope that the Ultra Line goes the way of the Dodo?

I really don't want to see a detracted focus from the museum line. I feel like two Street Fighter lines at 1/4 scale will cannibalize each other.

I may be wrong. Thoughts?
Old 02-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #563
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Hey y'all,

Question: I've seen M.Bison's name coming up quite a bit lately. Strangely I see his name mentioned amongst the likes of Akuma, Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and Cammy.

I had no idea Bison was considered to hold this level of popularity? Honestly, I'm not sure I feel he does.

Thoughts?

I'd like to add....

If another M.Bison was to be made I'd really support the idea of Bison on a throne!

It'd be fine if he was 1/4 scale. It could even be the revisit.

Also.

Am I in the minority that I hope that the Ultra Line goes the way of the Dodo?

I really don't want to see a detracted focus from the museum line. I feel like two Street Fighter lines at 1/4 scale will cannibalize each other.

I may be wrong. Thoughts?
M. Bison got screwed over in the Street Fighter movie and the US cartoon. Both made him look stupid.

Then Akuma came along in the game and usurped him in terms of a cool mutha funkin' (somewhat) bad guy.

But, when I think back to the original SF2 days. The actual game, I thought he was very cool.
Trying to beat M. Bison holds a lot of memories for me.

And I like his in game character design.

I was not overly keen on the PCS 1/4 scale. I'm not 100% sure why. I felt it lacked definition I guess.
Sometimes I think he'd be better as a fully sculpted character.

And now I love the battle damaged alt in SF4.

Overall I like him as a character "in game" and in the Japanese anime. The design is interesting.

A throne would make sense. I mean. He's a dictator.
XM got creative with a sort of "throne" for Magneto.

I'll try to think of other reasons but I think he's just been underserved and I see him as an opportunity for us to be blown away - with the right design. Throne or not. Maybe head stomp - arms crossed! Or maybe just his wide stance with that one clenched fist - I always liked the stance.

Here's some thoughts. His cape does actually lend itself to a fully sculpted approach (Ultra Line?).

Here's your 'Bison on a Thrown' thought starter. Although I'd prefer the Dr Doom / Mags facial expression and demeanor - like he's contemplating something in a private moment.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:35 PM   #564
nongshim
A day without sunshine is like... night.

A battle damaged Bison would be a cool exclusive if he were the next revisit.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:13 PM   #565
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Since you're asking...

I've never liked Dictator. I always liked the other three sub-bosses more. However I really like his battle damaged look in IV, and I'm not generally a fan of such looks. (Maybe it's been his hat this whole time! )

He's certainly iconic to the franchise and I'm sure he's in the middle of the road as far as general popularity goes.

I think that will decrease some in the coming years though, because I doubt he will be in SFV.

I too have mixed feelings about the Ultra line. They're likely fully sculpted, but there are already many contenders in that retail space. Mixed-media and museum poses work really perfectly for Street Fighter though. The Kinetiquettes Evil Ryu is awesome and I'm looking forward to it, and I don't think you can do an action pose much better...but I find myself really wanting a 1:4 PCS mixed-media museum pose more.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:23 PM   #566
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Since you're asking...

I've never liked Dictator. I always liked the other three sub-bosses more. However I really like his battle damaged look in IV, and I'm not generally a fan of such looks. (Maybe it's been his hat this whole time! )

He's certainly iconic to the franchise and I'm sure he's in the middle of the road as far as general popularity goes.

I think that will decrease some in the coming years though, because I doubt he will be in SFV.

I too have mixed feelings about the Ultra line. They're likely fully sculpted, but there are already many contenders in that retail space. Mixed-media and museum poses work really perfectly for Street Fighter though. The Kinetiquettes Evil Ryu is awesome and I'm looking forward to it, and I don't think you can do an action pose much better...but I find myself really wanting a 1:4 PCS mixed-media museum pose more.
I heard a rumour that SFV comes between SFIV and SFIII. That Shadaloo and the Illuminati battle it out. In which case I can imagine M. Bison in SFV.

As for fully sculpted. I say give it a go. It must be much faster turn around than the mixed media. Plus I want to see what PCS could do. There were some good MK9 pieces.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:45 PM   #567
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I personally love M.Bison. He's my favorite End Boss. Followed by Gill.

I just had no idea he's such a popular character that he'd warrant repeated statues.

As a Bison fan, I'm fine with that .

However, I do love my Bison Ex PF. I think he looks fantastic in black! And his cape is stunning.

The case he resides in at my home has him surrounded by stiff competition. Yet any time people check out my display they are always drawn to him.

More people have said "he's my favorite" about Bison than any other statue in my collection.

SSC has Doom on a throne.

XM has Magneto.

PCS should have M.Bison!
Old 02-23-2015, 11:53 PM   #568
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
I heard a rumour that SFV comes between SFIV and SFIII. That Shadaloo and the Illuminati battle it out. In which case I can imagine M. Bison in SFV.

As for fully sculpted. I say give it a go. It must be much faster turn around than the mixed media. Plus I want to see what PCS could do. There were some good MK9 pieces.
That's true, that we don't know yet. That could certainly be the case, and I'd be wrong. That would be a cool plot though.

Is it a faster turnaround for fully sculpted? All paint, no mixed-media would seem slower to me. That's why PCS gets delayed at the factories, I thought. Highly skilled painters. Tailoring is so menial. Everyone hears about the sweat shops churning out clothing. I didn't think that would be the bottleneck.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:21 AM   #569
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
A lot of my plans changed once SF V was announced.
*in reference to question about Dan happening or not.

yes
*in reference to the question of whether Jerry will personally hand sculpt the 1:3 Ryu
So I think Dan was on the table and then taken off. At NYCC Jerry said no plans for Dan.
SUCKS.

Great news about Ryu!
Old 02-24-2015, 12:24 AM   #570
MrYac
Hercules

I wish we were privy to stuff like that, speculation is fun but i'd love to know the stuff that actually goes into character selection.
Closed Thread