Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 09-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #5761
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I'd rather be involved with these commissions with like minded collectors. This GoTG print will be superior in every way.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #5762
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I'd rather be involved with these commissions with like minded collectors. This GoTG print will be superior in every way.
Absolutely . . . . can't wait to flip it . . . I mean frame it
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #5763
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

LOL. I've so much stuff still waiting to get framed.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #5764
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Same here. I'm actually considering culling the portfolio a little.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #5765
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Capatilism at it's worst.
That's why i'm a Marxist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
ill tell you what i hate the most about this hobby. some of these artists may be able to draw and paint like bats outta hell, but, some of them are the absolute WORST businessmen on the planet. having issues with a few of them now.
Please let us know, so we know who to stay away from.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #5766
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I gave up on Mondo's drops a long time ago. Always at obscure hours (for me anyway), and never had a hope in hell of getting one so what's the point.

In the past I've gone directly to ebay in the hope of securing one for a 'reasonable' mark-up but now I'm just too jaded.

I really would have liked a Stout GoTG variant, but I just can't do it. It's my two finger salute to the flippers out there that snaffled them all up.

That'll show them
The Mondo drops are a complete joke. Even in the U.S. the hours are stupid. It's right in the middle of the work day. The few times I have been home I've been pretty successful but if I'm at work forget it. My connection at work just can't compete.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #5767
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
im tired of some artists taking money, spending it, and then never feeling obligated to complete their end of the deal. THAT pisses me off.
I've been burnt plenty. I hardly get any commissions anymore.

I don't think it's bad business on most occasions. More along the lines of laziness.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #5768
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I'm actually considering culling the portfolio a little.
i need to do this really bad. gonna get a huge Englert tube one of these days. all #1's. woot woot. so much crap to move before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
let us know, so we know who to stay away from.
i don't have a problem naming them.

Tony Diaz. in Feb he offered AP's of a C&H print. 6 colors, 24"x36", screenprinted. he lost his mom and an uncle since then, that is keeping him from shipping them. that was a month ago.

Mark Lone. been almost a year for his commission, an Indy trilogy. the FB group is a joke. i was one of the first few to request a refund, so, i suppose I'm at the top of the list if that ever happens. honestly, those funds are long gone. a second half of payment is still due to the printers. no telling where that $ is gonna come from.

as much as it sucks, I've kinda given up on both. way past the time for any Paypal refund. just shady business.

EDIT: you know, the refund came up publicly on the Indy commission. the artist and the few people that actually think the prints will get done, suggested that those that are interested in a refund "sell" their spots to other parties. do you have any idea how hard that is when there is nothing but negativity and doubt surrounding said commission? so stupid.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:07 AM   #5769
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
i need to do this really bad. gonna get a huge Englert tube one of these days. all #1's. woot woot. so much crap to move before then.

Tony Diaz. in Feb he offered AP's of a C&H print. 6 colors, 24"x36", screenprinted. he lost his mom and an uncle since then, that is keeping him from shipping them. that was a month ago.

Mark Lone. been almost a year for his commission, an Indy trilogy. the FB group is a joke. i was one of the first few to request a refund, so, i suppose I'm at the top of the list if that ever happens. honestly, those funds are long gone. a second half of payment is still due to the printers. no telling where that $ is gonna come from.

as much as it sucks, I've kinda given up on both. way past the time for any Paypal refund. just shady business.

EDIT: you know, the refund came up publicly on the Indy commission. the artist and the few people that actually think the prints will get done, suggested that those that are interested in a refund "sell" their spots to other parties. do you have any idea how hard that is when there is nothing but negativity and doubt surrounding said commission? so stupid.
Yeah i've gotten in on several commissions. My first one was a success (other than i didn't like the final piece, but theres always that chance going in on these), but they've all had massive delays for one reason or another. It's best to know who we go in with, artist and commisioner, for safety.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #5770
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:

It's pretty much the same story commissioning comic book artists too. I've been pretty lucky because I've always got the artwork in the end, but almost all the artists I've commissioned have NEVER come close to the time period they promised. I think the longest I've waited is around 2 years.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote