Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-06-2018, 02:39 PM   #571
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Can somebody help me -- what is the price of this piece? Like the actual list of cost. I can't find it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #572
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Can somebody help me -- what is the price of this piece? Like the actual list of cost. I can't find it.
I don't think its been listed yet.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #573
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

There is no price until now.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:14 PM   #574
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Ok so I'm not nuts when people keep saying the same old thing of "it's double the price of the" of the Sideshow Wolverine.

If I go off price trends, it could be between 990.00 and 1099.00 SGD. I would think closer to 990 because it's not nearly as huge and intricate as Dark Phoenix and the swap-outs are just as numerous as Scorpion. Even if you factor in $300 SGD in shipping -- it's not DOUBLE the Sideshow piece. It is more, but not double.

Given the level of QC, packaging, and swap-outs it's worth it IMO.

People constantly saying something is "double" probably my biggest pet peeve in the XM vs SS debates. So that's why I constantly keep saying it. Glad to see it still holds for this piece.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:39 PM   #575
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Lotsa hype! Let's see a painted version XM!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #576
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Ok so I'm not nuts when people keep saying the same old thing of "it's double the price of the" of the Sideshow Wolverine.

If I go off price trends, it could be between 990.00 and 1099.00 SGD. I would think closer to 990 because it's not nearly as huge and intricate as Dark Phoenix and the swap-outs are just as numerous as Scorpion. Even if you factor in $300 SGD in shipping -- it's not DOUBLE the Sideshow piece. It is more, but not double.

Given the level of QC, packaging, and swap-outs it's worth it IMO.

People constantly saying something is "double" probably my biggest pet peeve in the XM vs SS debates. So that's why I constantly keep saying it. Glad to see it still holds for this piece.
You have to take into account the after market with XM. At least I do. I'm not giving someone a down payment before actually seeing it and I can't get it for retail.

Double is just an estimate but I'd bet it's pretty close.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #577
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Lotsa hype! Let's see a painted version XM!
Based on the pics so far the hype is warranted.

It’s crazy to think after all these years the classic brown costume hasn’t been done justice in this scale yet. Sideshow’s Fire Marshall Bill rendition was a massive disappointment.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #578
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

It’s crazy to think after all these years the classic brown costume hasn’t been done justice in this scale yet. Sideshow’s Fire Marshall Bill rendition was a massive disappointment.
Come on man, that SS piece is totally underrated and the EX is great. Plus it displays really great with the Sabrettooth companion. I'll be looking into this one too though, and I'll have both. This one is pretty awesome though. The belt is my only issue... it's a little too much, but it's not a dealbreaker.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:47 PM   #579
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Come on man, that SS piece is totally underrated and the EX is great. Plus it displays really great with the Sabrettooth companion. I'll be looking into this one too though, and I'll have both. This one is pretty awesome though. The belt is my only issue... it's a little too much, but it's not a dealbreaker.
I don’t know, I’m one of the biggest Wolvie fans out there and I’ve always disliked the SS Brown Wolvie very strongly. The pose seemed a bit uninspired and the cat like mouth always bothered the crap out of me. I’m still in the notion that the Brown Costume hasn’t been done justice in 1/4 till this piece, but that’s me. Can’t wait to see it painted.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:47 PM   #580
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

I agree, the SS Brown was a huge letdown in my eyes. This looks incredible though, all around.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote