Green Arrow

Maybe it's just the base paints?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #572
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebiros View Post
I hope it's possible to buy this piece from XM.com, because XM.eu prices are insane!
You should be able to. Shorudan could confirm that -- put it in the "Ask XM" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I'm

Ok, maybe not quite as interested. I think they have the colors way off. Skin tone is too light, hair is too dark and the armour is black. What's up with that? Maybe it's just a bad pic. Maybe I'm out of the loop. I stopped reading witchblade around issue 110. Did Sara look like this in the end?

I can't say I'm a fan of the axe either. A flaming sword would have been really cool. Knowing XM, there will be switch out part though, I'm sure.
There have been some upclose pics of the armor and I think it looks great. The variations and depth of the color are lost from this distance and with the glare.

Like you, not a huge fan of the ax. I'd be leaving that off if it was me. My biggest problem is the skull and the overly worked swirls.

Wonder if buyers will get to see the COH soon. That portrait was beautiful.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #573
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I just saw the skull on the base and I love it. I don't know why some hate it? I love how it's sculpyed with the details. Very nice extra imo. Only thing I'm worried about is the face paint fully done. Hope it will come out looking nice! The more define and thicker painted eye shadow would be better imo which is like turners art on females. Next hope to see fhatom by XM. Please thicker eye lashes like the comic book
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #574
adee
Green Arrow

I think it's the idea of the skull not fitting with the character that some dislike.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #575
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Adee stated my dislike of the skull -- it has NOTHING to do with the character!! It's just there to be there and it's so big that it can't even be hidden or removed.

I'm crossing my fingers Angelus comes out correctly. XM nailed The Darkness so I have faith!!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:03 PM   #576
tofuforyou
Doh!

The Witchblade is the middle line between The Darkness and The Angelus. The skull and battleaxe just make it seem more Darkness than anything.

Amazing sculpt none the less but the paint seems bland and the skin tone, like others have said, is really off.
tofuforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #577
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I'm

Ok, maybe not quite as interested. I think they have the colors way off. Skin tone is too light, hair is too dark and the armour is black. What's up with that? Maybe it's just a bad pic. Maybe I'm out of the loop. I stopped reading witchblade around issue 110. Did Sara look like this in the end?

I can't say I'm a fan of the axe either. A flaming sword would have been really cool. Knowing XM, there will be switch out part though, I'm sure.
You nailed it !
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:09 PM   #578
dao2
Cyclops

I wouldn't judge the colors at all with a pic like that ;p
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:05 PM   #579
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Please wait till we get pictures that aren't awkwardly taken distorted images trying to take a picture of something through glass before you critique it...

I can understand taken seriously early in hand pictures, but come on you can freaking see a reflection in this picture it's so bad. Nothing is going to look good taken this way.

And I can't believe people are still complaining about the skull. The only time I even notice it is when I read those complaints. If the whole base was one giant skull I could understand, but it's not. It's such a minor part of it. She's killed so many demonic beings I think it's plausible she may have at one point in her life stood on top of one of their heads.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:36 AM   #580
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

I hope they do Dani next
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote