Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #581
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Is the Batman license elseworld? Example: Asian, Steampunk, etc., or based on the comics? Cheers.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:08 AM   #582
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Workin' in the Studios today! WOOT! (actually Thursdays and Fridays!) As promised, answers to questions I've looked over the last few posts in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Have we been told when the remaining iron man XLII are going to be finished?
Ironman XLII is the toughest paint statue we have. To put in perspective, most typical statues are done in 200-300 pieces per batch (1 month). But because we had to keep rejecting the paint work from the factory and redo the lines to get them as clean as possible, Iron man XLII is only produced currently at 40-50 pcs per batch. This means the last batch out is estimated to be by Nov this year. It's a tough wait (and we get charged more by the factory for extension) but we want only the best to ship out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apetina View Post
Hi Shorudan,

Not to be a party pooper here, I'm glad you guys have got the DC license, but I've been patiently waiting for the standalone 1/4 Spiderman and we haven't got any clue until now....

Can you share the situation on the proyect? when can we see it or at least a sneak peek?

Thank you!
We've been having a couple of really good meetings with Marvel guys - they are awesome and super friendly! After understanding some processes, we now have to adopt a more regulated WIP updates to the public. This is about following the order of things and making sure nothing gets out of place in the bigger scheme of things. So while we are definitely working on Spidey, we don't have anything we can share yet. There are so many cool Spidey Statues out there (SS has a really great looking one , Iron Studios and Erick's looks awesome as well!) so this is a pretty challenging project plus we've got SGTCC to get busy with so I think we should be able to share something likely 6-8 weeks after SGTCC (which is around Nov maybe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Hey Bryan, can you give us an idea, or timeline for the batch release for the rest of the Wolverines and Hawkeyes?

Thanks
Every statue differs very slightly in terms of batch production times, as you can see from my earlier comment on Mark XLII but this is typically the timeframe. Most statues take between 3 - 4 batches to complete it's entire ES. Each Batch is approximately 3-4 weeks. For Wolverine, the last batch is out end of Aug (this month). Hawkeyes last batch was already out end of July (last month).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
Hey Bryan/Xm,

Since Xm got the Batman license, how about doing Alejandro Pereira's Batman vs Predator Diorama (just need this one time Predator license for this. Pleassssee!!!
http://alejandropereirastudio.com/?p...edator-diorama
Oh we love Predator and Aliens just like everyone else but that's actually a different license, so we're not there yet... maybe some time in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
now that you have the batman license. can we expect vehicles as well? and also is batman beyond part of the license.?
We haven't planned for vehicles for Batman (1/4 scale seems too big! and Hot Toys make amazing vehicles atm) but we are exploring vehicles for other licenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
In regards to the aforementioned DC/Batman license is it international and what are XM's restrictions with it?
It's very similar to our Marvel license, it's not global and is Asia focused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Machismo View Post
Is the Batman license elseworld? Example: Asian, Steampunk, etc., or based on the comics? Cheers.
It's not exactly elseworld - it will be Bruce Wayne himself and it will be Joker himself but they aren't in Gotham... I'm not able to share more until I get clearance. Will try to update as soon as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Taking funds to hire a search and rescue party for our dear Shourodan!
Let's see, we collected a grand search fund of ZERO dollars! Awesome. Just Awesome. I love you guys too.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:52 AM   #583
-jase-
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Hawkeyes last batch was already out end of July (last month).
That's good to know.
-jase- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:34 AM   #584
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Ironman XLII is the toughest paint statue we have. To put in perspective, most typical statues are done in 200-300 pieces per batch (1 month). But because we had to keep rejecting the paint work from the factory and redo the lines to get them as clean as possible, Iron man XLII is only produced currently at 40-50 pcs per batch. This means the last batch out is estimated to be by Nov this year. It's a tough wait (and we get charged more by the factory for extension) but we want only the best to ship out.

And collector's appreciate this!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:53 AM   #585
MuppetMad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hey Shorudan,

You missed my question from ages ago, but I'm desperate to know when we will be able to see proto pics of Medusa. Any idea when?

Also just saw you are pumping out 8 new pos at event and 3 of them are Spidey villains. Can you guys please be careful in how many of certain lines you pump out at the same time? We want to be able to collect certain lines, but when you pump them all out at the same time it makes it extremely hard to afford.

Thanks for all your work!!
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:19 AM   #586
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetMad View Post
Hey Shorudan,

You missed my question from ages ago, but I'm desperate to know when we will be able to see proto pics of Medusa. Any idea when?

Also just saw you are pumping out 8 new pos at event and 3 of them are Spidey villains. Can you guys please be careful in how many of certain lines you pump out at the same time? We want to be able to collect certain lines, but when you pump them all out at the same time it makes it extremely hard to afford.

Thanks for all your work!!
Oops sorry for missing out on your question. We are rushing to get medusa out for the sgtcc so hopefully it will be ready by then.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:14 AM   #587
Arcgain
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Shorudan
What are the other statues that will be also available to order at stgcc aside from ghost rider?

Can I still order statues shorudan around 1pm at september 12 in stgcc event or is it a fast sold out and minimum quantities only?
Arcgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:10 PM   #588
haziqq
Doh!

Hey Shorudan,

Can I know if there's fixed stock allocation for the 8 POs on EACH of the STGCC days? As I have work on the 12th, I can't make it in time for sure. I can only come on the 13th though.
haziqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:34 AM   #589
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

When will the 1/4 punisher be up for PO?
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:22 AM   #590
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

When will we be able to log on to our account and view our collections without having to enter the registration #'s?
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote