Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-03-2017, 02:52 PM   #5971
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

They really should use UV glass.. only thing i hate having to hide all my prints in the basement . Its my biggest issue with their framed otherwise i like them.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #5972
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I think the problem is that some people did not receive the emails to early purchase the Thanos print. From my experience and several of my friends, we all received the email-even those that never ordered a print from sideshow before.
Regardless, if you DID receive the email and did not order it, you should've known this would sell out fast. A lot of collectors who bought the PF wants to pair it together, so with 200ES, this was bound to sell out fast.
And yes, sideshow prints has always been early purchase on fridays and remaining prints will be sold the following business day.
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:55 PM   #5973
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
They really should use UV glass.. only thing i hate having to hide all my prints in the basement . Its my biggest issue with their framed otherwise i like them.
I like some of the prints but for the one framed print I bought it was $40 in shipping so this Thanos print would end up being around $290 which is nice payment toward a statue. For that reason I just stick to the unframed if I really want it.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #5974
Kovenor

In a way its a good thing because it allows for us that know it will be coming up for early PO that day to be on the lookout and get it before the swarm finds out
Old 04-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #5975
Kovenor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
I like some of the prints but for the one framed print I bought it was $40 in shipping so this Thanos print would end up being around $290 which is nice payment toward a statue. For that reason I just stick to the unframed if I really want it.
Yea for $250 it should have uv protection and real sig. Id even pay up to $275 but thats their choice....
Old 04-03-2017, 03:04 PM   #5976
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Yea for $250 it should have uv protection and real sig. Id even pay up to $275 but thats their choice....
The thing is, if you were to get this professionally framed yourself and add UV protection, it would cost over $150.
So sideshow pricing is SIMILAR to what it would cost if you were to get it framed yourself minus the hassle.
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:09 PM   #5977
Lavario007
The Spirit

So were there ever any unframed Thanos prints? The early invite email I received was for the framed print only...if I'm not mistaken.
Lavario007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:12 PM   #5978
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It sucks for people that did not receive an email, that much is true. However, if you received an early invite, chose not to order the framed and wanted to wait for the unframed, there's no one else to blame, the email clearly said that the unframed were only available if supplies last.
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:14 PM   #5979
Choopie
Birdman

Quote:
Actually they have never confirmed how they split up their framed/unframed ratio.. i thought it was usually 50/50 but not so sure anymore

This happened with xmen full team print too.. all framed.. best print by SS imo
The difference with the Xmen prints, I believe, is that they were never advertised with an unframed version. And this print was advertised as both. I have no fight in this battle, but if Sideshow indicated that both versions would be available, either make them both available for the early invite, or allot some unframed for a later date. It's not rocket science, but Sideshow always has to make things difficult.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:19 PM   #5980
Kovenor

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaboi View Post
The thing is, if you were to get this professionally framed yourself and add UV protection, it would cost over $150.
So sideshow pricing is SIMILAR to what it would cost if you were to get it framed yourself minus the hassle.
No. The custom matting or the frame they do is better then any custom framed ones ive seen people post. Always looks worse then the SS one tbh...