Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-10-2019, 09:06 AM   #51
Mister H
Ultimates

Happy for the Gambit fans. Just hoping this paves the way for Sinister.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #52
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Some strong hate in here lol...I think XM's is damn near untouchable. That said, this is looking pretty cool...just a teaser at this point, but SS is playing ball from the looks of it.
Both have great qualities but as I pointed out in the XM thread, the sculpting on the jacket is not very good. The wrinkles under the right arm is over done and not realistic. The lapel could be toned down too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Looks awesome, but they lost me at "maquette"
It should be called "Moneyette"
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:21 AM   #53
aa909
The Green Hornet

It's a nice concept but I wish it was a stationary (non dynamic) pose. None of the action poses for Gambit look right to me including this one. But it's still better than the XM Gambit pose IMO.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:24 AM   #54
SONICobra
Batman

man i am in on this but bummed (not surprised) about it being a maquette. have the og and love it, i will be picking this up as well - cant get enough of the ragin cajun
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:25 AM   #55
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
XM's Gambit would've been better if they kept both his legs on the ground ...preferably in a wide fighting stance.

Agree 100%. as much as I've tried to love the XM Gambit, that pose is god awful and ruins it for me. But as you suggest if both feet were on the ground in a wide stance then it would be perfect!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:28 AM   #56
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I bet Sideshow have been holding back these sculpts for a long time while they waited for the green light from Disney/Marvel to start promoting X-Men again.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #57
dechirico7
The Flash

Sideshows current x-men line blows the XM pieces out of the water. XM has a long way to go to reach Sideshow's sculpts. I actually think the XM pieces already look dated, compared to these. Their portraits need a lot of refinement. Even the SS Emma, as much as I am not feeling her, looks better than the XM.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #58
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
For me its not a choice. So far the Sideshow piece is better and will cost at least $400 to $500 less shipped than XM. Also I love the Jim Lee suit but I have the XM Storm so I wouldn't mind a change of pace. Overall man this is just great work from Sideshow.
Yea, the XM shipping is brutal and heaven forbid if something arrives broken. I think XM would have beat SS' if they had just listened to those who wanted two feet on the ground for Gambit.

I too have the XM Storm (stunning statue) and I got damn lucky her hair came all intact. But I really do hate the Jim Lee suit, I just couldn't pass up the best version any company had ever done. And Storm is the best female XM piece out there IMO.

Modern Storm all the way for me. It's the last piece of the puzzle for my collection since I doubt anybody will do a full 1:4 Asgardian or Savageland.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:36 AM   #59
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Sideshows current x-men line blows the XM pieces out of the water. XM has a long way to go to reach Sideshow's sculpts. I actually think the XM pieces already look dated, compared to these. Their portraits need a lot of refinement. Even the SS Emma, as much as I am not feeling her, looks better than the XM.
Storm is on par with SS. XM's Ororo is lights out beautiful with that straight on, non laughing portrait.

I also happen to think their Mystique looks nice (dumb pose) and Emma looks good too. They have come a long way and they aren't going for hyper-real like SS is. I look at XM as the 1:4 scale Bowen.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #60
Oak
Fantastic Four

That Gambit piece looks fantastic!
Oak is offline   Reply With Quote