Super Moderator

WB confirms standalone movie.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/12...eck-standalone
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:32 AM   #52
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

And the DCCU is over just like that.

When a studio announces a "standalone" Batman movie with the same actor right after their main launch of their own cinematic universe, hate it or love BvS, the idea of a combined universe is stillborn.

Let Marvel have their combined universe and let DC/WB just focus on making quality films. We all win.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:27 AM   #53
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't think it's such a bad thing to have another stand alone Batman film. Batman is what makes DC/WB money since they seem incapable (based on BvS) of making a good group movie. Suicide Squad will be the next in line to see if they can direct and edit a solid group story.

What I'm a little concerned about is this line from the article: "And last month, his agency told the Hollywood Reporter, 'There’s a script that he’s written that is a really cool idea' for Batman."

What really cool idea could that be? There is no need to reinvent the wheel on Batman. Work with the rich characters we know from the comics and flesh them out. The only "really cool" idea I would like to see is them doing a Batgirl/Batwoman movie which is clearly never happening.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #54
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
What really cool idea could that be?.
The cool idea is he ignored Snyder's input
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #55
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Old 04-13-2016, 09:47 AM   #56
adee
Green Arrow

Batfleck was awesome in my opinion. Really the best part of the movie for me. I'll def support a stand alone.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #57
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't think it's such a bad thing to have another stand alone Batman film. Batman is what makes DC/WB money since they seem incapable (based on BvS) of making a good group movie. Suicide Squad will be the next in line to see if they can direct and edit a solid group story.

What I'm a little concerned about is this line from the article: "And last month, his agency told the Hollywood Reporter, 'There’s a script that he’s written that is a really cool idea' for Batman."

What really cool idea could that be? There is no need to reinvent the wheel on Batman. Work with the rich characters we know from the comics and flesh them out. The only "really cool" idea I would like to see is them doing a Batgirl/Batwoman movie which is clearly never happening.
Tired of these re-imaginings and remakes of the same old stories. It is time for other characters besides Batman and Superman.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:47 AM   #58
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
Tired of these re-imaginings and remakes of the same old stories. It is time for other characters besides Batman and Superman.
Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are Warner DC's trifecta of cash cows. Everything else is just minor leagues when it comes to popularity.

They learned their lessons with Catwoman w/ Halle Berry.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:04 AM   #59
Demona
Martian Manhunter

That's because Halle Berry Catwoman was not really Catwoman. A true Catwoman story could stand on it's own IMO.

And I think it's been proven that movie goers just want a solid movie regardless of "A" grade characters. Somehow Marvel has managed to make it work. Who the hell ever thought Deadpool and AntMan would be such hits?! Not me -- but damn if those movies weren't a great time.

Why DC has such a hard time outside of Batman (and old school Superman) is perplexing.

I'm hoping WW breaks that curse. I'm not holding out much hope for Aquaman.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:04 AM   #60
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
They've already laid out plenty of plans for other characters over the next few years. You can't expect them to then ignore their most popular heroes. DC has never even attempted to build a shared cinematic universe. Batman is a part of that. Why not allow it to play out?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote