Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #51
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
1/4th scale TP line? Man, I'd be worried about spending way too much dough on it, but considering their release schedule I'll be alright.
Gannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #52
dr_teng

I was thinking about it some more, and what could they release from TP with 1/4th scale/pricing that would actually sell?

Zant, Ganon (this would have to be enormous though), Link, Zelda, maybe one of the two forms of Midna? I'd love a Goron as well, but I don't see that happening either.

Edit : Here's updated info about the Zelda stuff. Posted it on my whatsyourobsession site too.

"1) Zant is the first in our TP line. He’s 1/4 scale, which means he is 21 inches tall from the top of his helmet to the bottom. He comes with real cloth as well. Our TP line will all be 1/4 scale.
2) There are 2 versions of him – the regular version which is the regular helmet with a detachable tongue which reveals the mouth behind it. The exclusive version will be only available from first4figures.com and will come with a change-o-head where he is unmasked.
3) These will be MUCH more limited than our previous LoZ statues.
4) This is a new line, so that means new low numbers to be given on a first come first served basis and as usual, collectors
can keep that same number for the rest in the series."

Preorders on Zant start tomorrow apparently.

They're also making a Wolf Link/Midna and a Ganondorf (not sure if this is 1/4th scale, or in scale with the previous Zelda statues).
Old 09-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #53
Perhonorificus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
F4F announces 1/4 Twilight Princes line on facebook! Nice! First up is Zant and the teaser pic looks cool!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8161731&ref=mf
After F4F dumped the Ryu Hayabusa statue (their first 1/4 project) and let One2One take over, I've pretty much lost faith in them as far as 1/4 scale goes. Ryu's prototype pictures were stunning, yet One2One's "workmanship" has turned Ryu into a steaming pile of poo.

F4F still hasn't proven anything in the 1/4 realm, but I'm a big fan of Ocarina-style Zelda, so I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Perhonorificus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #54
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perhonorificus View Post
After F4F dumped the Ryu Hayabusa statue (their first 1/4 project) and let One2One take over, I've pretty much lost faith in them as far as 1/4 scale goes. Ryu's prototype pictures were stunning, yet One2One's "workmanship" has turned Ryu into a steaming pile of poo.

F4F still hasn't proven anything in the 1/4 realm, but I'm a big fan of Ocarina-style Zelda, so I'll keep my eyes peeled.
THat is a reflection on One2One, not F4F. F4F made the fabulous prototype and then handed it across to One2One at which point it had nother else to do with F4F. I have faith in F4F
Gannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #55
Perhonorificus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
Adamantium Member

I do want them to succeed in their new 1/4 line, but I am very skeptical at this point: Ninja Gaiden is hugely popular, so why burn all those who pre-ordered and let One2One ruin the piece?

Good luck to them, but I'm still bitter about the experience. F4F has much to prove as far as I'm concerned.
Perhonorificus is offline   Reply With Quote