Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #51
Turtle
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
That Batmobile is cool, but for $2K, I would expect greater detail in the interior. It doesnt have a "new car shine" in on that console.
Also, I would expect the hood to be perfectly smooth. If you look closely at the pics, the one showing the rear of the vehicle in particular, on their site, you can see uneven surfaces. For 2k, that hood should be flawless. Let's hope it's just a prototype issue.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #52
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Also, I would expect the hood to be perfectly smooth. If you look closely at the pics, the one showing the rear of the vehicle in particular, on their site, you can see uneven surfaces. For 2k, that hood should be flawless. Let's hope it's just a prototype issue.
You might be right, but from what's Ive seen right now (and I realize this is preliminary), it lacks the high quality i would expect from a $2000 collectible.

Maybe they should have asked Corgi to make it.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #53
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
lmao at 2000$ for batmobile,let's be honest it's awesome but not worth 2 grand!unless it's made from carbon fibre?which I doubt !hot toys tumbler which probably needed more work was 400$ and it is big!
exactly what I was thinking.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:25 AM   #54
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Both the studio models look great. Though whether they're worth their asking price is debatable.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:44 AM   #55
Vader
Ghost

the price is crazy. the hot toys batmobile is as good and the thing is $400. i know the millenium falcon was expensive (not sure why it was as much as it was), but it was a much more complex piece than this batmobile.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:28 AM   #56
admith
Doh!

First of all, to all Statue Forum members. this is my first post here. You know, long time reading, first time writing.

Damn! I really wanted these vehicles, specially the batwing, but the price is ABSOLUTELY out of my wallet.

I also don't understand how can Hot Toys produce the Tumbler with the same (if not more) detail on it for only 400$. Maybe it's all about the limited edition size?
admith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #57
msisaac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admith View Post
First of all, to all Statue Forum members. this is my first post here. You know, long time reading, first time writing.

Damn! I really wanted these vehicles, specially the batwing, but the price is ABSOLUTELY out of my wallet.

I also don't understand how can Hot Toys produce the Tumbler with the same (if not more) detail on it for only 400$. Maybe it's all about the limited edition size?
Hey, admith. Welcome!

I don't know what material the Toynami Batmobile is made of, but I have the Hot Toys Tumbler and it's really cheap feeling. It's hollow, made with thin plastic, and has exposed wires just taped up. So while it may have as much if not more detail than this Toynami Batmobile, the materials used may be completely different.
msisaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #58
msisaac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msisaac View Post
Hey, admith. Welcome!

I don't know what material the Toynami Batmobile is made of, but I have the Hot Toys Tumbler and it's really cheap feeling. It's hollow, made with thin plastic, and has exposed wires just taped up. So while it may have as much if not more detail than this Toynami Batmobile, the materials used may be completely different.
Just found my own answer. According to Mitch on this forum, it's a fiberglass deal.

"- Batmobile model replica: Again, another piece that is going to be a fully realised version of the prop used in the film sporting a fully detailed interior (the original was blank) & a high quality LED lighting system throughout.
George told me that this piece is about 29" wide & that he is still trying to decide which finish to go with for the body (which will be a high quality fiberglass cast) of the car.
There were 2 finishes used on the batmobiles in the film: a black high gloss & a honed semi mate/semi gloss black finish. one of the 2 has undertones of deep purple to it (I can't remember which one does). one finish is also signifigantly more expensie to reprodue then the other (hence the additional research that must be done)."
msisaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:32 AM   #59
Dark_Knight_89
Statue Forum MacDaddy

i just re-watched batman returns last night, god I love that film, I really want the cowl!

I can't decide whether I prefer Burton or Nolan
Dark_Knight_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #60
admith
Doh!

I think Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are better movies in general, but the atmosphere created by Burton in the first two installments is unsurpassed.

God, I really wanted the batmobile and the Batwing!
admith is offline   Reply With Quote