Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-15-2018, 07:02 PM   #51
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Yeah as much as I like the sound of that I think you got lucky on that one buddy...all my PCS orders are paid in full (1:3 Goro, 1:3 Sagat, 1:3 Chunners...) there is no way customs arent going to want a piece of that. More likely Sideshow overlooked yours and you got away with murder at customs. Would love to hear more cases like yours though I would save a fortune if that will be standard
They can't invoice what they can't charge. PCS has to do that. As of the He-man combo, it's declared as $0.00 because SSC received no money.

I don't think they can invoice full value as it would not match the IRS audit that ssc has to do every year.

Also, I got $25 off for the pink Ken. Not too shabby
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:04 PM   #52
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
On a bright side for international buyers, ssc only declares what is the outstanding balance left on your statues which was 1 payment. I only had to pay $9.78 CaD taxes with the pink Ken and it looks like I will be paying nothing on he-man / battlecat EX combo since it's declared value at zero (Id paid in full through PCS). This is great news with my remaining statues as most have 1 payment left.
Your Battle Cat Heman combo was sold to another collector months ago to keep them a float. I hope they really are making more, but I think you might be screwed.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:11 PM   #53
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Your Battle Cat Heman combo was sold to another collector months ago to keep them a float. I hope they really are making more, but I think you might be screwed.
Actually ssc shipped it this Friday and it showed zero amount on the invoice. However, PCS said they would refund me the $90 and that was on quere....when ever that would be. Looking at the invoice number, it listed as R******. "R" generally stands for replacement and this order was never actually on my Sideshow account.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:59 AM   #54
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
They can't invoice what they can't charge. PCS has to do that. As of the He-man combo, it's declared as $0.00 because SSC received no money.

I don't think they can invoice full value as it would not match the IRS audit that ssc has to do every year.
Man that would be SWEET!

Imagine escaping customs on all those 1:3 pieces (27% of BOTH the price of the statue AND shipping!)
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:08 AM   #55
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Actually ssc shipped it this Friday and it showed zero amount on the invoice. However, PCS said they would refund me the $90 and that was on quere....when ever that would be. Looking at the invoice number, it listed as R******. "R" generally stands for replacement and this order was never actually on my Sideshow account.
That's great news. I'm glad you got it.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:06 PM   #56
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Spoke to a CS rep this morning. They're no longer even giving a time frame for returns. Stated they have a team working with PCS but the process is taking much longer then they would have liked it to. I straight up blamed PCS for the stalling on this whole situation and the CS rep didn't even attempt to diffuse the situation or defend them.

So. We're pretty much no better off with SS then we were with PCS because ultimately, it's still PCS that's being PCS.

And what the hell has happened to the team? Jerry walks away and they say nothing. Ant has been awol for a long period of time. Johnzy is no longer part of the team. There's been no unboxing videos of anything knew that's come out. The only presence they have on their FB page is some anonymous poster behind the Pop Culture Shock name (won't even reveal who's posting under that account). Vince Oddone who worked on Goro stated he was his favorite project during his time with PCS.
Even Dylan hasn't been present on FB and he was always towing the company line.

Who exactly is PCS now? That transparency...
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #57
qz33
Baron Zemo

It's still better because Sideshow speaking for all PCS customers has a stronger voice than PCS customers individually.
PCS may not answer or listen when you call but trust me they hear Sideshow loud and clear. Before Sideshow this was just PCS's secret dirty laundry. Customers as sa group are much stronger and having Sideshow's help is even better.

Transparency is beneficial only for companies that are viewed positively.

Enough has happened where it's pretty evident to read between the lines. Having PCS come out and state the obvious of lacking money for refunds and having no clue when they may isn't going to accomplish much to their benefit.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:07 PM   #58
MagicDara
Doh!

I payed through PayPal for everything so surely I can seek redress through them...
MagicDara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:42 PM   #59
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicDara View Post
I payed through PayPal for everything so surely I can seek redress through them...
They only protect for 6 months. It’s a tougher fight for anything longer, so I’m told.
Crash421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:18 AM   #60
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So we're not going our money back!??? What can we do about it?
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote