Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

View Poll Results: Whos your fon moderators?
Superdoug 9 33.33%
Avenger 11 40.74%
Ink 3 11.11%
Merlose 13 48.15%
Jase 4 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #51
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
I think it comes off more like "ownership" over FON. Sometimes being overly-passionate about something can blind you and make it difficult to look at things in a fair manner.
As I said before that I enjoy the diversity of posters in here, hence that's not taking ownership. I think personal biases also make blind you to look at things in a fair manner, and quite frankly everybody here knows that you seem to have some personal problem with me. ITs that personal bias that prevents people from pointing out and talking positive things about the 4 people nominated but rather to point at me and quickly cry "foul" before accounting for the positive points.
Its clear that everyone wants Scott(Avenger) to do this job and I even agree with you, however this is suppose to be for 2 people. Now out of the rest of the people up for the vote I think I would do the best job, and you want to hold it against me that I can bring in people that that don't normally post. Which is my biggest problem why people don't come around here is because to such a tight community you tend to invalidate any outside opinions you don't agree with. So to discredit other people is to really discredit the rest of the forum.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:25 AM   #52
Jase
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
As I said before that I enjoy the diversity of posters in here, hence that's not taking ownership. I think personal biases also make blind you to look at things in a fair manner, and quite frankly everybody here knows that you seem to have some personal problem with me. ITs that personal bias that prevents people from pointing out and talking positive things about the 4 people nominated but rather to point at me and quickly cry "foul" before accounting for the positive points.
Its clear that everyone wants Scott(Avenger) to do this job and I even agree with you, however this is suppose to be for 2 people. Now out of the rest of the people up for the vote I think I would do the best job, and you want to hold it against me that I can bring in people that that don't normally post. Which is my biggest problem why people don't come around here is because to such a tight community you tend to invalidate any outside opinions you don't agree with. So to discredit other people is to really discredit the rest of the forum.
Are you referring to the people that popped in to vote for you, probably never to be seen again?

P.S. Not sure what this "personal problem" you refer to is.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #53
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Weren't we talking about just allowing the top 15 overall FON posters to vote?
I still think a restricted voting should occur.

I would like to say I appreciate some of the things merl has done. He did start the thread and is a valued member of SF.com beyond FON.

On the other hand, I would like to say its not like there weren't any out gays on the board before the thread. Marvelboi, who doesn't even post there, never hid who he was, and jesse came out earlier as well. These two were the first two gay people I knew who had simiar hobbies and interests to me.

I feel myself the purpose of the section mod serves the needs of the people who participate most in FON. Hence, I strongly believe those who actively post there should have a say. I feel I have no right to vote for anyone as an amazon, gore, or Mafia mod, as I have no idea what the group dynamics of that group are. I might like person X, but I have no idea the group dynamics of person X has with the other members of that section.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #54
Jesse321
Galactus

The way I count it right now ...

Superdoug - 7 valid votes
Avenger - 8 valid votes
Merlose - 6 valid votes
Jase - 2 valid votes
Ink - 1 valid vote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #55
Merlose

Quote:
Are you referring to the people that popped in to vote for you, probably never to be seen again?

P.S. Not sure what this "personal problem" you refer to is.

Maybe they're afraid of all this combatant conversation that tends to arise. If it wasn't there maybe they would feel welcome.

Jase, you're very negative towards me you even tried to segregate me out, you even mentioned it once on this very thread, and seconded it as an option on this very thread. I joke around with you but sometimes it seems like you just take a little seriously.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:34 AM   #56
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
Hey, Merl, you seem to be taking this a lot more personally than people are making it. It's not about whether you would do a good job or not. It's not about how many people you can bring in to post (although, I'll point out that the people who appeared and voted did NOT post their reasoning, which means that they just came in here to vote for you without knowing how you act or interact on this part of the forum.) The face you present in other threads is different from the one you use in here. Maybe not drastically, but enough that I feel that for you to go, say, into the Dazzler thread and say 'I'd be an awesome MOD! Everyone go and vote for me!; is sort of a misrepresentation on your part.

You certainly don't act like you're the victim on other threads. I don't know why you're doing it here. No one is attacking you personally, nor are they implying that you wouldn't do a good job. They're just saying that the people who have to interact with you in this forum should be the ones to decide whether or not you're capable of MODding.

You need to get off your high horse about your qualifications, because it's so not helping your case.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:34 AM   #57
Jase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
I still think a restricted voting should occur.

I would like to say I appreciate some of the things merl has done. He did start the thread and is a valued member of SF.com beyond FON.

On the other hand, I would like to say its not like there weren't any out gays on the board before the thread. Marvelboi, who doesn't even post there, never hid who he was, and jesse came out earlier as well. These two were the first two gay people I knew who had simiar hobbies and interests to me.

I feel myself the purpose of the section mod serves the needs of the people who participate most in FON. Hence, I strongly believe those who actively post there should have a say. I feel I have no right to vote for anyone as an amazon, gore, or Mafia mod, as I have no idea what the group dynamics of that group are. I might like person X, but I have no idea the group dynamics of person X has with the other members of that section.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #58
Jase

Quote:
Maybe they're afraid of all this combatant conversation that tends to arise. If it wasn't there maybe they would feel welcome.

Jase, you're very negative towards me you even tried to segregate me out, you even mentioned it once on this very thread, and seconded it as an option on this very thread. I joke around with you but sometimes it seems like you just take a little seriously.
I tried to segregate you out?

There can be a nice balance between being serious and joking Merl, and most of the time you just can't stop joking. You dig and dig until you piss people off and they have to take a LOA from FON, yet you want everybody to think that you bring a bunch of people here.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #59
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
You certainly don't act like you're the victim on other threads. I don't know why you're doing it here.
Playing politics.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #60
Merlose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
YEs but group dynamics change very quickly, as several people mentioned that they use to post frequently but now they don't, same that we get new heavy posters in here after all Jono has only been here since recently, and since has drastically changed the dynamic. And buy the same token Avenger, Jesse haven't posted here heavily in recent memory but would we discredit their opinions and contributions? No. This thread is certainly not now what it was like 4 months or 8 months ago because people change, opinions change etc. So to assume that the dynamics are always going to be the same is slightly naive.

Some of the people that have voted for me are heavy contributors to this forum and to think that they don't know how this group goes despite the fact that they don't post here seems unfair.
Closed Thread