Kindly Asked To Leave

F'n Great Posting ARH!
Funny and showed your point.
DDura711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:29 AM   #53
Tommy Allison
Sculptor
Sculptor

Gee, would it matter if I apologized? Really? Seeing as how nobody has ever once apologized to me for their conduct, why should I? Oh wait, I guess the rules apply to me and me only.

He still hasn't clarified whether or not he recasts his stuff, and then customizes it. Not to mention the fact that he's admitted to doing exactly what I said on other threads, as well as in the Bowen Forum.

CarrillJ, if you're a moderator then ban me. Oh wait, you're not. So get F-ed and die already. I already asked to have this account closed anyway. I figured since I made such an egregious mistake that I probably needed to just quit posting here.

I have to admit, if he can perpetually re-sculpt the same pose, EVERY SINGLE TIME, he's apparently better at it than most people I've seen. As far as apologizing, that's as good as it gets. I thought his rebuttal was funny too, because I actually deserved some of it. Even though he seems to be a one-trick pony.

Glad someone proved me wrong, I stand corrected. Thanks for going out of your way to clarfiying things. Now go sculpt something so your fans can pay you gobs of money.

Check Out My Blog at....

http://madrobotstudios.blogspot.com

My portfolio is...

http://www.comicspace.com/madrobotommy
Tommy Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:33 AM   #54
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Guys, enough already (I can't believe its ME saying this). I like a few good shots as much as the next guy, but let's just let this one go....
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:19 AM   #55
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Dear Tommy Allison,

Man, I tried to be as funny as possible and keep things light so nobody would have hurt feelings. I am not in any way holding a grudge against you or anyone else who has ever spoken negatively about my work. I'll explain now, once and for all, ( to you and anyone else who is interested in knowing ) about how I do my work.

A few years ago I created a sculpture of a neutral naked basic body for my own use. I don't like to start from scratch every time I make a statue, because it takes a lot of time and a lot of clay. So I simply get this resin copy of my naked basic body and sculpt over it. This is not a recast. I'm just using my own work which I myself created. If I have a good chest, arms and legs that I can use to create something new, why should I have to sculpt the same thing from scratch every time ??? It doesn't make sence. Like I already told you, I used to sculpt 5 new statues in one week, and working this way I've saved a lot of time. That's why I was so fast.

Of course, I can't use this work method for every piece. Some I make from scratch, others I don't. All of Fred's statues, my Captain America and many others, I sculpted over that same basic body. But what is wrong with that ??? It's my statue and my creation. I'm allowed to use my own work to sculpt my own stuff !!! I"M NOT RECASTING MYSELF !!!

When I sculpted my Captain America, in all humility, I tried to make a better CA then Bowen. But, WOW, the guy is awesome !!! It's hard to be better then him. His boots, his gloves, his hands... the guy is really hard to beet !!! However, what ended up happening is that I sculpted a statue very similar to his, because I had his statue in my hand and did my best to sculpt what I was seeing in his.

If you or somebody else wants to know, I used Bowen's Black Widow's face ( only the face ) in a few older female statues of mine - like Wonder Woman, Dolphin, Phoenix and Bat Girl ( This one I used the whole statue ). Besides that I used Bowen's Vision Bust head in my Full size Vision statue. Absolutely NOTHING ELSE !!! No other parts of Bowen's statues are in my work !!!

I am not ashamed to admit that I used those parts. I don't believe that that in any way diminishes my talent or work as a sculptor. As I already told you, when I made those statues it was for a professional seller who used to buy my stuff and sell it on eBay without my knowledge. You can believe it or not, but I only discovered the eBay market one year ago !!! I didn't even have a computer at home at that time !!! -- and didn't even know how to send an email !!! I think " I " was the one who lived on another planet. Since I realized my name is already known by hundred of people who enjoy the statue comics, I have been trying to do better stuff, which is why everyone realized that the quality of my work increased. Before I really didn't care so much about the quality or what about what I was doing. I just did it to make enough money to support myself.

So, having said all that, I think there's nothing else to be said on this subject. This story is really old and spent. I don't do recasts of anyone's work. I don't need that. Actually, I'm trying to be the best sculptor, that's what I'm aiming for. Of course, there's always someone better, but can't stop me from trying !!!

I hope you are not really upset by all this and let's talk about good things. Show me some pictures of your work. I would like to know what you do.

Best,
Arahom Radjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 04:38 AM   #56
Tommy Allison
Sculptor
Sculptor

Works for me. You can see my work on my site, and on a few threads here.

I'm not pissed at you, I thought your reply was funny, and I did deserve it for being a prick. If you're sculpting all of your stuff, and can literally match it one to another, you're doing something that cannot. Once I do a piece, that's pretty much it. No duplication at my studio. Meaning, that if I were to try to sculpt another Batman or Superman piece, identical to another one of mine, it wouldn't be the same.

At any rate, I made my point, you made yours, and we're square. Thanks

Tommy

Check Out My Blog at....

http://madrobotstudios.blogspot.com

My portfolio is...

http://www.comicspace.com/madrobotommy
Tommy Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:00 PM   #57
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

good to see all is cool at da sculpting hood
Old 02-19-2005, 02:14 PM   #58
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

This thread almost brought a tear to my eye. It was nice to see everything worked out in the end (someone close this thread NOW before I am proven wrong! ).

Tommy and I have had our differences in the past but we were able to get past all that silly nonsense. Glad to see the same thing happened here.

Let me be the first to offically apologize to you Tommy for my past behavior. In return, you have to buy the first round in San Diego.

Now get back to sculpting already!
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #59
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

All is back to normal in statueforum land. The mods are all happy now! lalalalalalalalalalalala!
Old 02-19-2005, 02:32 PM   #60
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow
All is back to normal in statueforum land. The mods are all happy now! lalalalalalalalalalalala!
They day is still young.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote