Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Erick Sosa

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #51
AYsculpture
Sculptor
Sculptor

toybiz hulk by dave cortes

Last edited by AYsculpture; 10-26-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spellcheck
Old 10-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #52
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gylaya79 View Post
for troy's images, he made it look digital (check the background, it's all galactic black).
Dude ... digital ... are you serious ... take a close look at the pictures ... the sculpt is being held together by rubber bands.

http://themcdevittstudio.com/buscema...emahulk03a.jpg

http://themcdevittstudio.com/buscema...emahulk03b.jpg

And for the record, I'm not arguing that the guy needs to put food on the table, but as others have already said, he's got more than enough obvious talent not to have to stoop to the level of plagiarizing someone else's sculpt ... but to be perfectly fair, I don't live there, so I can't say what I would do in that situation ... but I would like to think that I wouldn't do this.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #53
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYsculpture View Post
in that case yes i do understand ... its not the sculptors fault..
even though i'm fil-am, i still feel for -----'s being taken advantage by other -----s or other people. it's the way of life there. the only difference here is that the commissioner freely advertises the copied work as part of "his portfolio." now that is sad...
Old 10-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #54
patrickwm68
The Flash

Looks like this guy is a recaster too, and a pretty lousy one.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #55
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcortez View Post
I am a frequent poster on both forums, and to bash the whole work of an entire forum is just wrong. You are basing your opinion on one group of sculptors who decided to copy an idea. Which I agree is wrong. There are a lot of sculptors on that forum that are very talented and have original ideas.
I agree with you 100% not everyone is like this in the Philippines or any place... but it could hurt a lot of them to do this.... the fact they even posted the design images and even Troy's sculpt images really makes me think some people don't realize this is the internet.....
Old 10-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #56
sinigang
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

[QUOTE=ZKULPTOR;3632417]I agree with you 100% not everyone is like this in the Philippines or any place... but it could hurt a lot of them to do this.... the fact they even posted the design images and even Troy's sculpt images really makes me think some people don't realize this is the internet.....[/QUOTE]

stupidity at its finest
Old 10-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #57
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gylaya79 View Post
again, it's all about the commissioner and not the sculptor. i could tell a sculptor that i have avi's digital blueprint but i want it to be done by hand. for troy's images, he made it look digital (check the background, it's all galactic black). besides, if you live here and are trying to feed your family, would you really ask if someone's about to give you a few dollars to make something. NOTE: Not supporting them, just providing a different perspective.
I see exactly what you are saying I do, but as a sculptor I would tell the client we could tweak the concept here and there so it is not a carbon copy.....
Old 10-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #58
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
Dude ... digital ... are you serious ... take a close look at the pictures ... the sculpt is being held together by rubber bands.

http://themcdevittstudio.com/buscema...emahulk03a.jpg

http://themcdevittstudio.com/buscema...emahulk03b.jpg

And for the record, I'm not arguing that the guy needs to put food on the table, but as others have already said, he's got more than enough obvious talent not to have to stoop to the level of plagiarizing someone else's sculpt ... but to be perfectly fair, I don't live there, so I can't say what I would do in that situation ... but I would like to think that I wouldn't do this.
Agreed 100%
Old 10-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #59
speedracer
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I would like to send my apologies to Eric and Troy. This was just put to my attention just now. As Filipino's we do try to police ourselves as best as we can. However we are no different from you americans. Recasting happens there as well, have you ever heard anybody from outside blame the whole statue forum for the recasting or the blatant copying of another artists work. I've personally never heard that.

This guy will be banned and issued a warning. If you really want to penalize him. Then don't send any money his way.

Putting food on the table has never been a reason to steal. To those who understand that the misdeeds of one do not translate to the misdeeds of all, many many thanks.

From here on out. This guy is banned from PSF. and He will be issued a very stern warning.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #60
speedracer
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

We have cleaned out PSF of any threads of this nature. Again I extend my deepest apologies to Eric and Troy, God knows how much respect i have of your work. To everybody Collect ON. =)
Closed Thread