Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 07-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #51
dr_teng

Ad-supported 3g Kindle down another $25, $139!

$50 off the non ad-supported price is a pretty sweet deal. Maybe they'll have a price drop for some of the other units soon as well!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #52
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
Ad-supported 3g Kindle down another $25, $139!

$50 off the non ad-supported price is a pretty sweet deal. Maybe they'll have a price drop for some of the other units soon as well!
Ufck me sideways I was going to get the 3G one and now it's the same price that I just paid last week.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #53
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

now on my 27th book on the Kindle lol and Really like it. one complaint No page numbers.... like I bought the whole 5 book set of A Song of Ice and Fire and hard to figure out where I am lol just started them like 4 days ago and tryin to tell how far I am in the first book lol
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #54
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
now on my 27th book on the Kindle lol and Really like it. one complaint No page numbers.... like I bought the whole 5 book set of A Song of Ice and Fire and hard to figure out where I am lol just started them like 4 days ago and tryin to tell how far I am in the first book lol
There are definitely page numbers (in addition to the standard locations and %s). If you want to see what page you are are press the menu button and the page should appear at the bottom right next to the % figure. You can press menu again to go back to the page you were on. I am on Book 3 of Ice and Fire and I have had page numbers on all of the books in the series. You won't get page numbers if the book hasn't been formatted for Kindle to include them. I also believe that you won't get pages on the original Kindle 1.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #55
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
There are definitely page numbers (in addition to the standard locations and %s). If you want to see what page you are are press the menu button and the page should appear at the bottom right next to the % figure. You can press menu again to go back to the page you were on. I am on Book 3 of Ice and Fire and I have had page numbers on all of the books in the series. You won't get page numbers if the book hasn't been formatted for Kindle to include them. I also believe that you won't get pages on the original Kindle 1.
I'm reading A storm of swords now it's great how do you like it so far?
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #56
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

This is actually my second time around. I am rereading them because it has been so long between A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. I loved them the first time around and I love them even more now. I am also on A Storm of Swords right now. Great stuff! I just hope the next book doesn't take as long as Dance did.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #57
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
This is actually my second time around. I am rereading them because it has been so long between A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. I loved them the first time around and I love them even more now. I am also on A Storm of Swords right now. Great stuff! I just hope the next book doesn't take as long as Dance did.
I haven't read these yet, and was thinking about the Kindle versions. I had been reading on Amazon that there were many typos and errors in these books, is that the case?
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #58
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I haven't read these yet, and was thinking about the Kindle versions. I had been reading on Amazon that there were many typos and errors in these books, is that the case?
I haven't come across any, which isn't to say there aren't any but, if there are, they are few and minor. I am on the 3rd book on my Kindle which equates to well over 2,000 pages.

In general, Amazon has been pretty good about fixing books with serious errors. I have bought several that have been reformatted and automatically sent to my Kindle.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:34 PM   #59
dr_teng

Amazon introduced three new models today, I did a little write-up over here :

http://www.whatsyourobsession.com/am...kindle-models/

Personally, I'd hold out on the tablet one unless you REALLY want a cheap tablet before Christmas. Great price but rumours are they'll have a new model just after Christmas, I bet it'll be a 10" one.

That said, the new 4th gen/Touch models are both an awesome price, $79 for a new slimmer model? WELL worth it!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #60
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
Amazon introduced three new models today, I did a little write-up over here :

http://www.whatsyourobsession.com/am...kindle-models/

Personally, I'd hold out on the tablet one unless you REALLY want a cheap tablet before Christmas. Great price but rumours are they'll have a new model just after Christmas, I bet it'll be a 10" one.

That said, the new 4th gen/Touch models are both an awesome price, $79 for a new slimmer model? WELL worth it!
Actually it's 4 new models. Per the website:

"We are excited to announce four new products: the all-new Kindle for only $79, two new touch Kindles – Kindle Touch and Kindle Touch 3G – for $99 and $149, and a new class of Kindle – Kindle Fire – a beautiful full color Kindle for movies, TV shows, music, books, magazines, apps, games, web browsing and more, for only $199."