Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Could Hulk ever pick up Mjolnir
yes 19 20.00%
no 76 80.00%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #51
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Spiderman is far too full of self-doubt and self-deprecation. He beats himself up all the time.
In some way, the wielder must consider themselves to be noble as well.
Agree

Quote:
Wonder Woman, absolutely.
I wonder where fans would rank the Silver Surfer.
No matter how much redemption the SS has done - I just don't think he would be considered worthy since he took his part in killing millions - maybe billions of beings
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:43 AM   #52
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Even without his Armor or magic Tony Stark should be able to lift it, in both the Avengers and his solo outings he has been willing to give up his life to protect others and shown great courage in the face of danger on countless occasions, why should that make him any less worthy than Thor ?

Kick ass custom by the way.
HELLO?!
Civil War, anyone?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Ben Grimm couldn't pick it up and he was the one person who I would have thought could do it.
Spiderman would be another one as well.
I totally agree. If anyone should be worthy, it would be Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Agree

No matter how much redemption the SS has done - I just don't think he would be considered worthy since he took his part in killing millions - maybe billions of beings
That's true. I don't think he's worthy either. But you have to remember, that Galactus always adjusts his herald's minds, to be able to cope with killing billions. He removes some of the inhibitions, I think. (Don't know for sure how it works, all I know is Galactus messes with their minds.)
Peter-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:18 AM   #53
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-Vell View Post
That's true. I don't think he's worthy either. But you have to remember, that Galactus always adjusts his herald's minds, to be able to cope with killing billions. He removes some of the inhibitions, I think. (Don't know for sure how it works, all I know is Galactus messes with their minds.)

The last thing the Surfer (Norrin Radd) did before becoming a Herald was give up his life and offer a lifetime of servitude to Galactus so that his home-planet might be spared. His objective was to then find lifeless planets to satiate Galactus' hunger. Galactus then tweaked the Surfer's brain and removed his ability to feel remorse.

Once the Surfer's conscience resurfaced during FF issues 48-50, his first act was to defy Galactus and help save the Earth. For this betrayal, the skyrider of the spaceways was then banished to the Earth where he would often be misjudged and sometimes even hunted down. He was also forever forbidden to roam among the stars, which proved to be his greatest punishment and sacrifice, for a species he did not even know.

Both very noble and selfless acts borne out of wanting to protect the innocent. His entire conscious existence as the Surfer has been to fight for those who could not fight for themselves, or to protect himself. My thinking is the Surfer might have a decent shot at Mjolnir.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #54
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I'd love to see Surfer hold Mjolnir that would be shocking like when Thor used it against Bor and he caught it and held it and was worthy.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #55
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
The last thing the Surfer (Norrin Radd) did before becoming a Herald was give up his life and offer a lifetime of servitude to Galactus so that his planet might be spared. His objective was to then find lifeless planets to satiate Galactus' hunger. Galactus then tweaked his brain.

Once the Surfer's conscience resurfaced during FF issues 48-50, his first act was to defy Galactus and help save the Earth. For this betrayal, the skyrider of the spaceways was then banished to the Earth where he would often be misjudged and sometimes even hunted down. He was also forever forbidden to roam among the stars, which proved to be his greatest punishment and sacrifice, for a species he did not even know.

Both very noble and selfless acts borne out of wanting to protect the innocent. His entire conscious existence as the Surfer has been to fight for those who could not fight for themselves, or to protect himself. My thinking is the Surfer might have a decent shot at Mjolnir.
Would this be compared to being under the influence of drugs? Even though the person wasn't in their right mind - they still took part is the annihilation of entire species...
Old 05-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #56
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Would this be compared to being under the influence of drugs? Even though the person wasn't in their right mind - they still took part is the annihilation of entire species...

You're comparing Galactus to beer?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #57
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
He's more like a bear a big purple bear.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #58
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
I said drugs - not Miller Lite...
Old 05-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #59
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Beer is a drug, Ratch :tounge:

Isn't Hercules worthy?
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #60
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

hulk - no
spider-man - no
iron man - hell no
thing - maybe
superman - been done
cap - yes(and I think been done)