Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 12-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #51
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Actually all those who continually clamor for gun control, accomplished the EXACT OPPOSITE of what your goal was. Today I went to find ammo for my .223, there's none. That means a few weeks ago I was at the shop and saw loads of it sitting on palates, now it's out of stock and backordered for months, even on line.
And the lines of people waiting to purchase new guns...wow! I've never seen places like Gander Mountain, Cabelas etc so busy.
Every place I've been to, the amount of people purchasing pistols, rifles or ammo is absolutely amazing. I guess you're just doing your part to stimulate our economy and we should all thank you.
All those new guns and thousands of rounds of ammo being purchased...take a moment and realize, you helped to facilitate that.

You helped put weapons in the hands of people who may not have actually bought a gun,many of these people are more than likely new inexperienced buyers(YIKES).
Sleep well.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #52
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Actually all those who continually clamor for gun control, accomplished the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you're goal was. Today I went to find ammo for my .223, there's none. That means a few weeks ago I was at the shop and saw loads of it sitting on palates, now it's out of stock and backordered for months, even on line.
And the lines of people waiting to purchase new guns...wow! I've never seen places like Gander Mountain, Cabelas etc so busy.
Every place I've been to, the amount of people purchasing pistols, rifles or ammo is absolutely amazing. I guess you're just doing your part to stimulate our economy and we should all thank you.
All those new guns and thousands of rounds of ammo being purchased...take a moment and realize, you helped to facilitate that.

You helped put weapons in the hands of people who may not have actually bought a gun,many of these people are more than likely new inexperienced buyers(YIKES).
Sleep well.

It's true. They create a lot of panic buying, also they create plenty of new gun owners that will resist their calls for bans, NRA has seen massive amounts of new members since the talk of bans and even mentions of confiscations by some foolish politicians. Not smart on their part at all.

That being said...
I am around a few people that are first time firearm purchasers and they are interested in safety courses and getting off to a good start. Most people know someone with firearms already that becomes their temporary guru to guide them properly. I'm happy helping anyone get off to safe start, not to mention target shooting is fun as hell, challenging to see how well you can control where the rounds go and stretch your abilities farther.

There is an entire culture around firearms that is greatly enjoyable beyond self defense. The friends, the common interests, the admiration of the precision mechanisms, the understanding of the physics involved, appreciation of the artwork of firearms and machining, the common mindset of self reliance as well is there. Firearms of course role in history. I'm not a hunter, but that is another huge part of it too, an entire outdoors culture is woven deeply into firearms, some areas it keeps food costs down with hunting. Cowboy shoots are another aspect.

So not only are they causing more gun sales, they are by doing so, introducing more people to the above culture, and firearm ownership becomes deeply ingrained.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #53
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Wow talk about head in the sand. The NRA is te one creating this frenzy yelling at the top of their lungs that the government is going to take all their guns away. The NRA is the one helping put guns In the hands of people who shouldn't have them. But that's okay
If you want to blame the people who have never said they want to ban all guns.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #54
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Wow talk about head in the sand. The NRA is te one creating this frenzy yelling at the top of their lungs that the government is going to take all their guns away. The NRA is the one helping put guns In the hands of people who shouldn't have them. But that's okay
If you want to blame the people who have never said they want to ban all guns.
Yes, that's it. We all know the routine. It's incremental regulations and restrictions which lead the way and a healthy dose of brainwashing.
Just ask the Attorney General.
At 3min 10 sec the game plan becomes perfectly clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXwo9lARAgg
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #55
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Yes that's the plan. You've cracked the secret code darn you. Now you know all of our secret plans. ( walks out of room slowly). (This is me rolling my eyes back atcha since I am on my phone and too lazy to get the face)

I would link the video of the head of the NRA suggesting armed guards in all school ( there's the master plan) but I figured the brainwashing is too late.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #56
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Yes that's the plan. You've cracked the secret code darn you. Now you know all of our secret plans. ( walks out of room slowly). (This is me rolling my eyes back atcha since I am on my phone and too lazy to get the face)

I would link the video of the head of the NRA suggesting armed guards in all school ( there's the master plan) but I figured the brainwashing is too late.
We will now need them in theatres and every time a fire department goes out to fight a fire.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #57
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Penn Jillette (Of Penn and Teller as if anyone didn't know that) recently calmly adressed matters despite being outnumbered three to one by some very emotional folks who need to calm down and start looking at facts.......

http://youtu.be/06Lw7xa6lHU

He was a very good example of keeping cool and walking folks through the factual reality and not the emotional knee jerk one.

What a shocker, they blamed Call of Duty.

I see they brought up Jamie Foxx's quote about violent movies being part of the of the problem, about 3 days before the most violent movie of the year comes out starring him. Guess it's not an issue for him when he has a check involved. Being a hypocrite goes hand-in-hand with being a gun-grabber, so he fits in nicely.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #58
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

That firefighting incident makes me sick... the school makes me sick beyond belief. Seriously... how devoid of a soul and/or conscience are some people?

I bought the People magazine (think it's People.. it's in my car) that honored the victims in Connecticut, and shares with us more about them; I don't want to forget them. We can't afford to as a nation.. this sh!t can't go on.

Gun "control"/People "control".. whatever. It's just gross.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #59
ratchet
Mandarin

Ry - you bring up a valid point - and one that most gun enthusiasts miss.

Taking a life is something that most people can not handle emotionally. Sure, you may be able to point a gun - but to actually shoot someone and take their life... we as a civilized society know it takes a certain kind of person to do such a thing without remorse. Even if you have killed someone who was threatening yours - or your loved one.

Police officers have to do quite a bit of therapy after shooting and killing someone in the line of duty and be cleared to go back on active duty. Some don't return to active duty - because it can and should be hard to handle emotionally.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #60
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Ry - you bring up a valid point - and one that most gun enthusiasts miss.

Taking a life is something that most people can not handle emotionally. Sure, you may be able to point a gun - but to actually shoot someone and take their life... we as a civilized society know it takes a certain kind of person to do such a thing without remorse. Even if you have killed someone who was threatening yours - or your loved one.

Police officers have to do quite a bit of therapy after shooting and killing someone in the line of duty and be cleared to go back on active duty. Some don't return to active duty - because it can and should be hard to handle emotionally.

We don't miss it. Very much the opposite on the forums I am on. One of the first books I read on guns was Massad Ayoob's "In the Gravest Extreme" The topic gets discussed trust me and anyone thinking they are some movie hero or in a video game are quickly admonished and schooled that it is nothing you want to ever have to do. It's a last resort when there are no other sensible options. The aftermath could be awful and long lasting but it can be managed. But if you need to protect your life or others, you must have the mindset to do so. Old people and children have done so when needed, I've read plenty of instances over the years, so it doesn't take SEAL training. The alternative of course is worse, to be killed, maimed, your family raped, murdered. The decision to pull the triggger is already made for me by the criminal. It some ways it's easier then law enforcement because a citizen is not required to enforce laws, confront people, etc. A citizen is only looking to excercise self defense often in their own home.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote