Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #51
MrYac
Hercules

yeah I meant on the leaving it to the publisher part, which is just their cop out way of saying "well we had no control it was the publishers call" over it when people get especially pissed
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #52
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The main sticking point for the Xbox One is the stupid ass decision for it to have to go online once every 24 hours, I still can't get my head around it.
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #53
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
yeah I meant on the leaving it to the publisher part, which is just their cop out way of saying "well we had no control it was the publishers call" over it when people get especially pissed
I agree, but without the hardware implementation, Sony has made it very clear that they're on the side of the consumer when it comes to used games. Unlike Microsoft, they're not making it easier for third party publishers to force DRM on the consumer.

I found a post by plasmid303 on the Freaks board that sums up my thoughts on the matter nicely:

Quote:
It's important to note that what Sony is doing is nothing different from what we've had this past generation. Publishers have ALWAYS had the ability to implement crappy DRM on any of their 360/PS3/PC games. The only practical, functional difference this time is that Microsoft gave them the system-level key to do it on their box One hardware, and that's just philosophically apprehensible. It opened the door on that platform.

Otherwise, it's all about leading by example. Sony did the right thing yesterday, and did so in a manner that didn't completely alienate publishers and gamers both.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #54
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
that is one UGLY looking console
Completely disagree. The PS4 is very reminiscent of the PS2, and I think the idea of the overall aesthetics being divided into 4 slanted quadrants is very clever. Not to mention there is that subtle blue dividing the glossy black from the matte black.

It's not as wild as some might have been hoping for, but it's going to fit in nicely with the rest of the entertainment center.

Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #55
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

It looks like a tower.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #56
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
It looks like a tower.
meh you say tower I say slab of futuristic awesomeness

just watched on Engadget the tech demo they played at E3, although not far from what you can already do now on the ps3, I loved the interaction with the little robots

LINK
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #57
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

At least it's flat and not curved.

As someone who hasn't had a PS since the PS1, and has had x-boxes ever since, I think that I may be going for the PS4 this time. There's too many things that I am hearing about the Xbone that I don't like the sound of.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #58
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Just so we're clear, what stance are you referring to? That they're leaving it up to third party publishers to decide on how to handle DRM? If so, then yes, they're the same (although, it seems DRM on the PS4 will be much the same as it's been on the current generation).

If you're referring to how DRM will be implemented on both consoles, then no, they're not the same.
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the only DRM restrictions is for games bought online, people who buy the disc won't have any restrictions... If this is not the case then Sony is lying in their presentation.

EDIT: ok upon further investigation it seems Publishers will not be able to lock a game to a PS4 console like it can with the XBox One.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #59
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So what exactly happens if you don't login on the Xbox One within 24 hours? Does it shut out in a middle of the game or lock up your console even if you haven't turned it on everyday? Also the whole lending not allowing to borrow anything from a friend is also what I'm not sure of. Will that disc be useless after the 2nd time?

These are the things I would like to know. It seems like most of the games announced are on both systems anyway. Was slightly disappointed at Sony for not paying off Square-enix to keep both Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XV exclusive. Those would have drove console sells.

The only game that I am currently interested in is Killer Instinct. It's free to play on day one but you have to buy all of the characters individually. That's a weird choice to have. It's downloadable only and most of those games are around the $20 range. I currently rather have my games on the PS$ this gen. I can't get behind Microsoft's policies. They leave a bad taste in my mouth
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #60
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

[QUOTE=Submissive421;4601844]So what exactly happens if you don't login on the Xbox One within 24 hours?

they said it locks up until it can log back onto the net. So i would get its on a timer and if its not connected you get a blue screen of death.........
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote