Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #51
wizard-comics
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: New Caprica City, New Caprica ("accidentally" left behind)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
Man, I wish more companies but that kind of quality and sharing behind them like XM does.

Wish I could afford them too lol!

800 bucks is just too much for my wallet for a single statue , but it's very nice to see XM keeping quality a top priority and sharing their techniques with other statue makers.
X2 - nice to see what goes on behind the scenes
wizard-comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #52
w00tw00t
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

love these type of post. more pics plz =)
w00tw00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #53
AC_808
Hercules

Damn! It's exciting to see Mag's throne getting painted. Makes it even that much harder to wait.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #54
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
So many questions that have already been answered ...lol. Yes XM pays their workers more than the going rate, but they only use one factory. They also have sent their master painters over to the factories to teach the workers how to achieve the same results on their production pieces as they did on their prototypes. Now, what impresses me even more is that when asked by the factory workers if they could use the same techniques on products from other companies, XM said to for it. So yeah the GHulk owners may easily have benefited from the XM techniques. XM has the best attitude when it comes to this one; they want everyone to have AMAZING collectible no matter what company makes them, and they are will to share their techniques to do that. Finally, if I am not mistaken, EVERY piece is sent back to the XM facility in Singapore where it is inspected, and if their are any paint issues an XM master fixes them right then and there. All these awesome attitudes and XMs smaller size allow them to bring these amazing pieces to their fans, and thier general attitude may very well raise the quality of other companies as well. Honestly, I have never heard of a company allowing their workers to improve the products of their competitors just so that the customers as a whole could get a better product. All in all XM is all full of awesome.
XM indeed pays more to the the workers, I plan to do the same with my own pre-painted product. It is the least you can do for these amazing talented people.
And yes the owners of XM are amazing painters ans share all their techniques with the factory painters, plus they pay them extra to keep the same team, so quality is consistent across the board, I met one of the factory owners and he LOVES these guys, and why wouldn't he? they take care of him and his crew.
This is why XM's product is the same as the paint master prototypes in quality or even better, I kid you not.
And this is why I believe XM will be the biggest thing to happen to statues since Bowen started this whole industry...believe it... and it is a good thing as it may force others to try to keep up.

And yes they allow the painters to do stuff with the same techniques for other companies...that's how cool this company and its owners are. There are other philanthropic things this awesome company does for others but it is not something they like to talk about so I won't either
Trust me your statues are in good hands, plus there's so many more new licenses (Some are HUGE some not so big but well established) coming up that it will blow your socks off...

Last edited by ZKULPTOR; 10-15-2014 at 01:45 PM.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:28 PM   #55
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
XM indeed pays more to the the workers, I plan to do the same with my own pre-painted product. It is the least you can do for these amazing talented people.
And yes the owners of XM are amazing painters ans share all their techniques with the factory painters, plus they pay them extra to keep the same team, so quality is consistent across the board, I met one of the factory owners and he LOVES these guys, and why wouldn't he? they take care of him and his crew.
This is why XM's product is the same as the paint master prototypes in quality or even better, I kid you not.
And this is why I believe XM will be the biggest thing to happen to statues since Bowen started this whole industry...believe it... and it is a good thing as it may force others to try to keep up.

And yes they allow the painters to do stuff with the same techniques for other companies...that's how cool this company and its owners are. There are other philanthropic things this awesome company does for others but it is not something they like to talk about so I won't either
Trust me your statues are in good hands, plus there's so many more new licenses (Some are HUGE some not so big but well established) coming up that it will blow your socks off...
Lol ... I got most of my info from you Star Lord...lol. When you posted right around the Singapore Con... lol. Honestly, I have become an ubber fan.... I just wish I had an ubber fans wallet... lol
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #56
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
I plan to do the same with my own pre-painted product

Hold the Tuna Boats !!!!!!

What do you mean by your own pre-painted products?!? I thought you were only doing kits, Need more info !!!!
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #57
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Lol ... I got most of my info from you Star Lord...lol. When you posted right around the Singapore Con... lol. Honestly, I have become an ubber fan.... I just wish I had an ubber fans wallet... lol
I am your fan brother
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Hold the Tuna Boats !!!!!!

What do you mean by your own pre-painted products?!? I thought you were only doing kits, Need more info !!!!
ye, this is has taken a few years but things are perfectly aligned for this to happen
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:33 PM   #58
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Edited

Darn it Eric!!!! Don't be taunting us! I had just about forgotten about that stuff (made the waiting sooooo much easier), but now it is right up in my face again .

Quote:
ye, this is has taken a few years but things are perfectly aligned for this to happen
OMG! I can't wait to see this! I was sad at first because I do not have the time/skills for kits, but hearing that you are doing painted pieces!!! OMG ...
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #59
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Which one of those people is in charge of QC?
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #60
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

Not only consistent but if they keep the same team then as they go on you could hope that they even get better and better so having a higher ES# might be a good thing (at least I hope as I'm getting a high # n mine).

Very excited to see what you got Erick. Painted or unpainted I'll be picking up what I can.

And you gotta look into that Aquaman throne!
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote