Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 01-30-2016, 09:47 PM   #51
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

No interest in the film or the statue, but they do look very good
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:43 PM   #52
SDguy

I'm quite looking forward to the movie... hoping it will be a major turning point in the DC movie-verse.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:42 PM   #53
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I really like the design of Harley. It's my favourite to date. It feels well grounded in reality like Burton's Catwoman.

It might look decent alongside tweeterhead Pfeiffer too. I'll have to Photoshop the pair together.

The statue looks great, save the base. I don't like words on my bases. I'm a little skeptical because of DC Directs past efforts with live action characters. I'm also not a big fan of the Harley character so want to wait for the movie before deciding.

Edit: The height differential of the bases is the biggest problem for me.

EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:07 AM   #54
Vatos Locos
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Why?
For various reasons.

It might sound a little odd, but it feels to me too much like marketing-strategy. I also think that there should be more time between the movies. If every three or four years a new Batman comes out, it doesn´t feel special anymore.

I don´t like Snyder. I still don´t like Affleck.
The Joker is just horrendous to look at. This must be the worst style they could have chosen.
And what´s going on with Deadshot? I don´t remember him being black.

But hey, that´s just me being a hater.

I do admit that the first two trailers were pretty epic, while the third one was just silly.
I´m positive, that most people will find the films enjoyable, and after all I´m the fool for buying beautiful statues of a movie I couldn´t care less for.
Vatos Locos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:44 PM   #55
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatos Locos View Post
For various reasons.

It might sound a little odd, but it feels to me too much like marketing-strategy. I also think that there should be more time between the movies. If every three or four years a new Batman comes out, it doesn´t feel special anymore.

I don´t like Snyder. I still don´t like Affleck.
The Joker is just horrendous to look at. This must be the worst style they could have chosen.
And what´s going on with Deadshot? I don´t remember him being black.

But hey, that´s just me being a hater.

I do admit that the first two trailers were pretty epic, while the third one was just silly.
I´m positive, that most people will find the films enjoyable, and after all I´m the fool for buying beautiful statues of a movie I couldn´t care less for.
And yet for all your complaining you'll probably see each movie
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:43 AM   #56
Vatos Locos
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

You could be right.
Vatos Locos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:49 PM   #57
Markhatestoys
Justice League

I was assuming I would have to wait for the inevitable Hot Toys Harley Quinn, but this Harley is so good I might pick it up instead, especially since Hot Toys females tend to look a bit too lanky. It all depends on how she would look on a shelf next to a bunch of Hot Toys figures though. As a rule statues, no matter how accurate, look strange on a shelf next to Hot Toys; Hot Toys face paint is so realistic it looks like human skin, while statues just look like statues. But I'm hoping the fact that she has face paint on would allow her to blend in a bit. Plus she'll cost less than half what the Hot Toy will cost.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:55 PM   #58
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
I was assuming I would have to wait for the inevitable Hot Toys Harley Quinn, but this Harley is so good I might pick it up instead, especially since Hot Toys females tend to look a bit too lanky. It all depends on how she would look on a shelf next to a bunch of Hot Toys figures though. As a rule statues, no matter how accurate, look strange on a shelf next to Hot Toys; Hot Toys face paint is so realistic it looks like human skin, while statues just look like statues. But I'm hoping the fact that she has face paint on would allow her to blend in a bit. Plus she'll cost less than half what the Hot Toy will cost.
Plus the statue version won't have exposed joints
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 04:16 PM   #59
grphyx1
Kingpin

Those are some nice people sculpts. they look great.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #60
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

IGN video showcasing Harley and Joker:

http://m.ign.com/videos/2016/02/14/t...-toy-fair-2016

Deadshot appears to come with a masked portrait as well, thankfully! Really hope we get an Enchantress thrown into the mix to go along with the others.

Between BvS and Suicide Squad, DCC's cinematic line is shaping up to be pretty damn impressive. Anything live-action has always been a tough sell for me on the collectibles front, but I'm loving what I see. Think I may be in for the long haul.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote