Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-26-2017, 07:21 AM   #51
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Whether we agree with this thinking or not is not relevant to what they as a company want.

I don't think there are "literally" hundreds of Harley Quinn statues, but there is a ridiculous number of them indeed. Easily 50, I'd say. And why is that? Because she sells, as simple as that, so even if hardcore DC fans would kill for a Shazam or a Dr Fate piece, what a company wants is numbers, and attention to get said numbers, all of which Harley seems to provide. Heck, I'm sure there are quite a lot of Harley-only collectors out there.

What better way to garner attention to a new line, then? Once they get it, other characters will come. They said it themselves that they want to delve into the DC well, and I think this company will deliver in that respect, so give them some slack and don't worry.
I agree with most of the post but not sure on this", and attention to get said numbers, all of which Harley seems to provide. Heck, I'm sure there are quite a lot of Harley-only collectors out there."

I think people think Harley statue will sell companies tend to do things in a pack until proven otherwise. If someone did a shazam and sold so well more people would start making him. Its like the movies. No one would make an r rated superhero movie it wont sell. Deadpool proves it can be done and Logan goes R. I think everyone thinks Harley will sell but I think there are too many and an offbeat statue would garner more attention since it would be unique. Tweeterhead makes AWESOME statues so I know it would look good. Just my 2 cents
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #52
grphyx1
Kingpin

As much as i love Harley, I do wish we'd see a different beginning to these DC lines. next will probably be Poison Ivy *yawn*.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #53
grphyx1
Kingpin

I think a Phantom Stranger, Dr. Fate, Etrigan would be a nice tangent. LOSH's Phantom Lady, the LOSH????
Old 05-26-2017, 10:23 AM   #54
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I think someone mentioned this earlier but who's buying those? A small group of people and maybe smaller than would even be profitable. It's not like DC collectibles is pumping out Dr. Fate statues and I'm certain Tweeterhead can't to start a line that way. I'll say this, you like what Twetterhead is doing and want them to go deep into DC's catalog then support them with a purchase of this statue (I mean if you like it of course). The more support and excitement they get the better. Then when the surveys come out on next characters vote and then vote with your dollars.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #55
grphyx1
Kingpin

I actually have a lot of tweeterhead statues. I don't think it's bad to wish to see something different, especially since they are taking chances with Elvira and Ru Paul. I don't need you to tell me to vote with my dollars as I am a huge supporter of Tweeterhead and what they have put out. I have way over 20 different representations of Harley Quinn in my collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I think someone mentioned this earlier but who's buying those? A small group of people and maybe smaller than would even be profitable. It's not like DC collectibles is pumping out Dr. Fate statues and I'm certain Tweeterhead can't to start a line that way. I'll say this, you like what Twetterhead is doing and want them to go deep into DC's catalog then support them with a purchase of this statue (I mean if you like it of course). The more support and excitement they get the better. Then when the surveys come out on next characters vote and then vote with your dollars.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:56 PM   #56
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Yeah...Not going to buy a piece(s) I don't need in hopes they make something I do. Seems a bunch of people got caught up in that line of thinking with Hot Toys, and now own 517 Iron Men.

I just kind of want to know what their list is. I mean Tweeterhead made a Batman 66 Egghead. So I am sure they can go deep into a catalogue. So many characters that would be insta-orders.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:27 PM   #57
grphyx1
Kingpin

That is what I mean. even the Munsters where they only made 113 each (except herman) of the B/W. I am sure if they do a poll on FB or twitter they can see which obscure character gets the most traction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Yeah...Not going to buy a piece(s) I don't need in hopes they make something I do. Seems a bunch of people got caught up in that line of thinking with Hot Toys, and now own 517 Iron Men.

I just kind of want to know what their list is. I mean Tweeterhead made a Batman 66 Egghead. So I am sure they can go deep into a catalogue. So many characters that would be insta-orders.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #58
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm sure the Munster IP license is pretty cheap compared to DC, so their out of pocket expenses is not as much allowing them to do limited runs of characters that not super popular.

Due to limited space if I have a 1/6 scale Harley and a company makes a better 1/6 scale Harley I just sell my old one and get the better one. So for that reason I don't mind them redoing characters but it would be nice to get a few that haven't been done in 1/6 scale before which I'm sure Tweeterhead will do... Mr. Freeze would be my 1st choice followed by Scarecrow and Bizarro.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:43 PM   #59
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I actually have a lot of tweeterhead statues. I don't think it's bad to wish to see something different, especially since they are taking chances with Elvira and Ru Paul. I don't need you to tell me to vote with my dollars as I am a huge supporter of Tweeterhead and what they have put out. I have way over 20 different representations of Harley Quinn in my collection.
Didn't mean to offend. If they made obscure characters in the past then i don't know why not start with something more unique.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:45 PM   #60
grphyx1
Kingpin

I can't part with any harley's. they're connected to me. If i think of it i hear her voice in my head "please puddin', don't sell me to another mistah", and i just cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm sure the Munster IP license is pretty cheap compared to DC, so their out of pocket expenses is not as much allowing them to do limited runs of characters that not super popular.

Due to limited space if I have a 1/6 scale Harley and a company makes a better 1/6 scale Harley I just sell my old one and get the better one. So for that reason I don't mind them redoing characters but it would be nice to get a few that haven't been done in 1/6 scale before which I'm sure Tweeterhead will do... Mr. Freeze would be my 1st choice followed by Scarecrow and Bizarro.