Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-27-2021, 04:53 PM   #51
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I was also surprised, and impressed with the price.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 04:59 PM   #52
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I was also surprised, and impressed with the price.....
Yep, I still think the price of the silicone is ‘okay’, but given that price margin between the two options, it’ll be hard for anyone to opt for the silicone, knowing that the PVC version is right there for $1,050 less.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:01 PM   #53
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Yep, I still think the price of the silicone is ?okay?, but given that price margin between the two options, it?ll be hard for anyone to opt for the silicone, knowing that the PVC version is right there for $1,050 less.
You?d be surprised how much people wanting ?the best? will drive sales. I?m guilty of this myself.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:08 PM   #54
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Joker View Post
You’d be surprised how much people wanting ‘the best’ will drive sales. I’m guilty of this myself.
If I was interested in getting this, I personally would go for the silicone, but that’s just because I always go for the better but more expensive options.

But as I’m not I must admit, seeing that $1,749 price tag made my fingers itch for the keyboard to order this myself. But I just don’t have the space or interest to go into another line. Heck I just went for their Selina Kyle (and now most likely Bats to go along with it), and I don’t have the space right now, let alone before my dozen or so Queen Studio preorders (and I know they have many more in the pipeline that I’ll want).

I need professional help, or a support group.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:25 PM   #55
MPCanes
The X-Men

Any indication that you get both sculpts with the silicon version? May sound crazy but would be good to have the polystone as backup if the silicon one degrades over time.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 06:37 PM   #56
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Yep, I still think the price of the silicone is ?okay?, but given that price margin between the two options, it?ll be hard for anyone to opt for the silicone, knowing that the PVC version is right there for $1,050 less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Joker View Post
You?d be surprised how much people wanting ?the best? will drive sales. I?m guilty of this myself.
I can see why the silicone costs more. You have the whole glass eyes and implanted hair to contend with.....that sh*t ain't easy

In my opinion we're talking about two very different products. I guess you go for the PVC headsculpt if your display options might mean that cleaning / maintaining the silicone would become a chore. The PVC is gonna be a whole lot easier to live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Any indication that you get both sculpts with the silicon version? May sound crazy but would be good to have the polystone as backup if the silicon one degrades over time.
Why do we keep having this discussion about longevity / durability, whenever a company uses silicone for anything other than a bust? Look at all the threads related to the busts, no one is raising that question......what, do you think silicone decides to degrade quicker if it's used on anything under a 1:1 scale....
Old 11-27-2021, 09:02 PM   #57
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I can see why the silicone costs more. You have the whole glass eyes and implanted hair to contend with.....that sh*t ain't easy

In my opinion we're talking about two very different products. I guess you go for the PVC headsculpt if your display options might mean that cleaning / maintaining the silicone would become a chore. The PVC is gonna be a whole lot easier to live with.

Why do we keep having this discussion about longevity / durability, whenever a company uses silicone for anything other than a bust? Look at all the threads related to the busts, no one is raising that question......what, do you think silicone decides to degrade quicker if it's used on anything under a 1:1 scale....
Honestly I see this being asked all the time, across multiple threads, forums, and social media platforms.

And I personally have just given up asking, as nothing has been guaranteed. So I’m just crossing my fingers.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:35 PM   #58
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

even though I think all these silicone pieces have the potential to outlive me, I still only display them in a case. Given how much harder it is to buy a case to fit a 1:2 piece, if I loved Legolas, I would opt for the PVC. PVC looks very realistic as well when done right. I think it's great they give you the option.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:01 PM   #59
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
If I was interested in getting this, I personally would go for the silicone, but that?s just because I always go for the better but more expensive options.

But as I?m not I must admit, seeing that $1,749 price tag made my fingers itch for the keyboard to order this myself. But I just don?t have the space or interest to go into another line. Heck I just went for their Selina Kyle (and now most likely Bats to go along with it), and I don?t have the space right now, let alone before my dozen or so Queen Studio preorders (and I know they have many more in the pipeline that I?ll want).

I need professional help, or a support group.
Its taking all my will power to not by into this line, I don't own any LOTR statues, and if I start I'll be in trouble. Same as you space is a massive issue. Both Prime and Infinity are making it difficult to resist.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 02:32 AM   #60
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I jumped on this. I've gone for the silicone version.....and I'm thinking about the PVC version as well. (Had to sell a bike to raise money .....poor me)

LotR is one of my favourite settings, in book and movie format (along side Dune)....and I can't imagine we're going to see better statues than this - even in the future.

I held off getting into LotR mainly because the license has passed around (IMHO) some companies that are simply unable to produce anything of real quality (Sideshow, WETA, Iron Studios, & Prime1).....so, this would be my first Infinity Studio piece, as well as my first LotR piece.....fingers crossed, I don't get burned.