Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-07-2024, 08:18 AM   #51
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Sideshow was on a roll around 2017-19.
Haven't bought anything from them since.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 08:32 AM   #52
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
So, you list almost every Infinity bust created, but almost every single release can still be bought at retail or lower. Those are not grails at this point in time. Some might end up being that way, but most will not.

And the original T800 and T1000 from QS are definitely grails.

I think the 1/4 XM Swamp Thing is a grail imo. A fully intact, mint version goes for double if you can find one. The ES was very small on it.

Also, I think you meant SS MAN-thing, not Swamp thing?

Man-Thing, ofc. Sorry.

T800 and T1000 sell for a lot due to demand vs non-existent alternatives. I've not bought them but i seen the T800 and the silicone used is 5 levels below, quality-wise, of the silicone Infinity Studios uses. It sweats like crazy, it is melting and it looks atrocious. If i were you, i would not buy it even for 500 bucks. I give it 10y.

The new Arnold LSB by Queen is going to be Queen's 2nd grail. As soon as that comes out, price for the 1st one is going to drop dramatically.

Infinity Studios is milesssss ahead of Queen Studios, quality-wise. Queen Studios is plagued by QC issues also, check their WW 1/4, an atrocious sculpt or check its Iron Man LSBs or its Carage/V LSBs all plagued by QC issues.

Regarding grail status for Infinity pieces, the aftermarket for Wonder Woman is already insane (excluding recasts), for Mera and for Daenerys. Aquaman (NON-RECASTS ofc) is slowly creaping up and Sauron is already there. The problem is the insane amount of recasts.

There is simple no comparison between Infinity and Queen.

Check for an example their Wonder Woman LSBs. Infinity one's is a masterpiece, Queen's one looks like a shiny, melting silicone bust of a cosplayer pretending to be Gal Gadot.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 09:02 AM   #53
God
Fantastic Four
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Grail ? A combination of scarcity, artistic value, HISTORY (the OG Hulk regardless of artistic value is always going to be a GRAIL due to being the OG. You can even see it in Marvel TV series), edition size, aftermarket price.

Just to name a few.

Sideshow Grails

Lord of Darkness LSB
. If you are lucky to find one not being a recast and not being open. Artistic value, scarcity etc.

OG Hulk PFF. History and scarcity.

Swamp Thing PFF. Artistic value and scarcity.

OG Hulk vs Spiderman dio grey edition. Scarcity.

OG Sideshow Spiderman Comiquette. Artistic value (it can be still found at reasonable prices). Still the BEST comic Spiderman

Talon PFF. Aftermarket price and pose-attitude.

Green Goblin LSB. Artistic value. The PERFECT Green Goblin LSB ever.

Gamorrean Guard Mythos.
Impossible to find.

Universal Monsters Black Edition LSBs. NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE to be found especially Boris.

Sideshow has over 100 Grails, pieces having appreciated 3x-4x times. I can't name them all.

Prime1 Grails.

Shockwave (Transformers). My personal favourite of all Prime1 pieces.

Doomsday 1/3. Only due to its size. ZERO artistic value but grail due to its size.

Zodd 1/3.

Superman Hush 1/3 sculpted cape. Mainly due to its height and elevation.

These are the only 4 grails of Prime1

XM

Nothing for me. For casuals Storm, Hulkbuster and XM Transformation. I dislike all of them

LBS

Nothing. 1/3 Hulk is nice but surely not a grail. I have it in my collection.

JND

Nothing (WW 1984 can become a grail to its likeness to the actress, but for me it is nothing special)

Queen Studios

Only the Thanos LSB v2 (with the gauntlet). Nothing else.

Infinity Studios

WW LSB, Mera LSB, Aquaman LSB, Sauron LSB, Daenerys LSB, the upcoming Saruman LSB. Infinity is the BEST company for me. Head-to-head with Sideshow.

PCS

Nothing.

ECC

Lycan LSB. Lycan+Marcus 1/3 dio. Reaper LSB. Freddy LSB and ofc Akihito Brain Dead LSB. A masterpiece.

I would try to count all of Sideshow's Grails. Their number is crazy and Sideshow constantly produces new grails.

Eg the Penguin PFF the moment it sells out = instant grail. The new Obi-Wan Mythos is going to become a grail (depending on the final ES).

Latest grails by Sideshow?

Rebel Terminator PFF, Aspen PFF, X-Force Psylocke, Hawkgirl PFF, Red Sonja 3 (and 2), Domino EX, Hell Priestess.

Sideshow is a GRAILS' PRODUCING MACHINE.
Interesting, I appreciate the detailed breakdown. It seems that you have quite an extensive collection.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 09:41 AM   #54
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Man-Thing, ofc. Sorry.

T800 and T1000 sell for a lot due to demand vs non-existent alternatives. I've not bought them but i seen the T800 and the silicone used is 5 levels below, quality-wise, of the silicone Infinity Studios uses. It sweats like crazy, it is melting and it looks atrocious. If i were you, i would not buy it even for 500 bucks. I give it 10y.

The new Arnold LSB by Queen is going to be Queen's 2nd grail. As soon as that comes out, price for the 1st one is going to drop dramatically.

Infinity Studios is milesssss ahead of Queen Studios, quality-wise. Queen Studios is plagued by QC issues also, check their WW 1/4, an atrocious sculpt or check its Iron Man LSBs or its Carage/V LSBs all plagued by QC issues.

Regarding grail status for Infinity pieces, the aftermarket for Wonder Woman is already insane (excluding recasts), for Mera and for Daenerys. Aquaman (NON-RECASTS ofc) is slowly creaping up and Sauron is already there. The problem is the insane amount of recasts.

There is simple no comparison between Infinity and Queen.

Check for an example their Wonder Woman LSBs. Infinity one's is a masterpiece, Queen's one looks like a shiny, melting silicone bust of a cosplayer pretending to be Gal Gadot.
Sideshow's Swamp Thing ain't no slouch though. Very sought after.

For me Queen's best most aesthetic piece is their Venom bust but it too (like all?) queen pieces has QC problems straight from the factory.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 09:47 AM   #55
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Sideshow's Swamp Thing ain't no slouch though. Very sought after.

For me Queen's best most aesthetic piece is their Venom bust but it too (like all?) queen pieces has QC problems straight from the factory.
Venm LSB was plagued by QC issues (as nearly all of Queen's products). The sculpt is great, but with the problems it got, i can't put it the Grails category. Thanos LSB v2 (with the gauntlet) and their upcoming new Arnold LSB (assuming production holds) are going to be Queen's 2 grails.

Queen is also squeezed between Infinity's LSB line CLEAR SUPERIORITY and JND's better movie/actor products. Queen must find a "niche" and she must do it quickly.

Get out of the LSB line (it is futile to try compete with Infinity, Infinity is wayyyyyy better there) and try to go after JND. But Queen must surely improve her quality, i've yet to see a Queen's product not plagued by QC issues.
Old 05-07-2024, 09:53 AM   #56
qz33
Baron Zemo

I don't think Queen wants to improve their quality. As long as rich Chinese keep buying their substandard products Queen is happy to keep making them. No way I'd risk a PO on Queen product.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 10:02 AM   #57
God
Fantastic Four
Adamantium Member

On the subject of grails, I find it to be quite a personal thing.

Though if looking by the posted criteria, I would JND's Whitebeard to be a grail. I don't think you can find that available anywhere right now, and it doesn't seem that the owners are willing to part with it. I could see that piece becoming more and more sought after over time.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 12:02 PM   #58
chichop4
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post

Though if looking by the posted criteria, I would JND's Whitebeard to be a grail. I don't think you can find that available anywhere right now, and it doesn't seem that the owners are willing to part with it. I could see that piece becoming more and more sought after over time.
I have the whole jnd line up.Whitebeard is the best by alot.He massive,lot of details
chichop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 12:40 PM   #59
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post

I don't know cause i don't collect manga/anime stuff so maybe you are right.

As long as Prime1 goes into anime/manga and video games stuff and stops producing inflated DC action figures, i am cool. Marvel/DC is Sideshow's expertise and it will stay this way for years/decades to come.

I wish Prime1 all luck

So i guess that you are right, i simply don't know
Old 05-07-2024, 12:53 PM   #60
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I don't think Queen wants to improve their quality. As long as rich Chinese keep buying their substandard products Queen is happy to keep making them. No way I'd risk a PO on Queen product.
Don?t know much about them. The only piece of theirs I have is the Batman Museum Line statue. It looks pretty good and it was cheap. When did they start getting bad?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote