Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 02-16-2006, 05:13 PM   #51
Grievous
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Got my LE yesterday. Anyone want pictures?

As it happens, the Luke ANH mini came in the mail today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooktroop
$250 is a ton of money for marks signature
seeing how the LE will be an easy score at $250

I agree. I already have Hamill's signature. $250 is a ridiculous price for it even on a nice 8X10.
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #52
risingstar
Jedi Order

Great pics Elwood!
That's a great set up!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:22 PM   #53
elwood49
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous
I agree. I already have Hamill's signature. $250 is a ridiculous price for it even on a nice 8X10.
The LE MSRP is $369, and the SE MSRP is $499. That's a $130 price difference. Considering that Official Pix sells Hamill's sig for $100, I think the price is more than reasonable.

I paid $449 shipped for my Luke SE, so you're telling me you paid $199 shipped for your Luke LE?

I also don't like 8x10's, since they look too busy when displayed all together. I prefer autographs on pieces I was going to buy anyway. In the picture I took there are 4 items. The following signatures are on those items:

Peter Jackson
Richard Taylor
Alan Lee
Carrie Fisher
Mark Hamill
Phil Tippett

They aren't that noticeable unless you specifically look for them. I'm not even an autograph person. If I met any of the above people, I wouldn't even ask for an autograph unless I had a piece from my collection to get signed.

I think the only celebrity I would absolutely go crazy over meeting is George Lucas. He is such a recluse and his signature is so rare, that I would love to have that in my collection.

The Official Pix Hayden and James Earl Jones sigs are $225 or something like that. I could just buy that picture and display it next to my Vader helmet, but I don't want to. It would look infinitely better to have the 2 signed plaques that sit on opposite sides of the stand and really pull the piece together. Put that in an acrylic case with a mirrored glass bottom on top of a display pedastal, and you REALLY have something that looks nice.

Your opinion may vary, but that's the way I look at it. As far as the value goes, come back in 3 years when the Luke SE is $550-$600, and the LE is $250. The MR SE's always increase in value. The Luke ESB SE goes for $650 or so and there are 1500 of them. The LE only sells for around $375. There is a good reason for that, as I just explained.

Show me a picture of your Luke LE with your Hamill autographed 8x10, and I bet it doesn't look nearly as classy as this:

elwood49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #54
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Nice, El, and great number too! Mine will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to place it next to my SS Luke. On a side note, which letter came after your order number email?C,P?
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:08 PM   #55
Grievous
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood49
I paid $449 shipped for my Luke SE, so you're telling me you paid $199 shipped for your Luke LE?

In that range, yes...

I don't display my signatures with my lightsabers, so I couldn't take the picture you're requesting... I mean, I could, but that's not how I display it...

In the end it's all opinion. I hope you love your purchase as much as I do mine. I only need two more lightsabers to complete my SW LE lightsaber collection! Qui-Gon and Vader ROTJ.
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:18 AM   #56
elwood49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
Nice, El, and great number too! Mine will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to place it next to my SS Luke. On a side note, which letter came after your order number email?C,P?
The item # was SW-148S, and my order # had a C on the end of it.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:20 AM   #57
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood49
The item # was SW-148S, and my order # had a C on the end of it.
Thanks El. Same here. Gives me hopes of getting a "cool" number. Not that this matters too much since I will keep it, but I wouldn't mind at all.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #58
elwood49

MR announced today that they will be issuing a 2nd plaque with the edition size on it and a picture that shows Mark signing the plaque that you can put with the SE. I wish the # had been on the plaque originally, but I'll be glad to have both of these items added to the set.