Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-27-2019, 11:20 PM   #591
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
That happened to me once because I forgot to uncheck the freeing shipping box during listing and I didn't realize it until the item was sold. I paid about $45 out of my pocket for USPS Priority which I thought was better than canceling a sale and get a negative. Lesson learned and it could have been much worst I guess. Always double check your listing right after you click that list button.

The way I see it, you simply can't offer free shipping on 1/4 statues these days. I always charge actual shipping and hope that someone near by makes the purchase.

If it doesn't sell so be it. Not about to loose potentially 50% or more by offering free shipping. I do offer free ship on smaller PVC figures, but those are in general much easier to sell.

I remember when eBay first started about 20 years ago I was able to offering USPS Air Mail International on resin statues and shipped all over the world at a reasonable cost. Now I don't even dare to ship anywhere outside of the country, the good days are long gone.
Shipping I'm not too worried about, but I will be worried about the scammers taking advantage of the ebay/paypal policy to swap out parts, or get your items for free. It's a guarantee win for the scammers with the buyer 100% satisfaction policy when selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I have nothing on order.

I have nothing incoming.

Aftermarket is dry and ridiculously priced on select pieces.

I need some OT SW pieces now or I think I’m done altogether. And not more Vaders or Fetts.
Just hoping p1 will get the 1:3 Star Wars license.... That will be the day to get Star Wars.......
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:52 PM   #592
craigcliff1
Zot

[QUOTE=built2shred;5769872]$300 shipping? where are you shipping from? It cost me $45 to ship from California to New York for my Rey PF statue. Which is still a lot, would of been like $30 3-4 years ago
I know the box is not as big as Apoc PF

Already had to pay almost $300.00 on IS Spidey and that was shipped to New York. My RS PF about 12lbs was $37.00 to Neveda. 2017 My P1 Batman was $100.00 just to Oregon in start of 2017 Once you get to larger statues that just up what they charge a lot. I would say once you get to 30lbs they just add a lot charges. I remember in 2017 Jerry M. wrote Fed Ex added a surcharge 1/3 increase on big boxes. So a statue that was $200.00 to ship was now $300.00.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:52 AM   #593
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
Do they actually get all of them made at once or do they do waves to save on storage while they hope some sell?
In this scenario they would need to pay twice the preproduction cost which can be high. it would surprise me if they would not make all 1200 of each at the same time, for Thanos it was ok because of the high ES, but on these I don’t see it. They need to make a brake-even-analysis to know what is more expensive, the storage cost or 2 times the preproduction cost
But one thing is for sure, they have to bite one of those bullets.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:25 AM   #594
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
I did sell about 150 statues from 2007 to 2015 and just about each piece made more than I paid, some what I paid, couple less than I paid. Now with shipping I get about 1/4 to 3/4, once in a while I get what I paid and make some money
My IS Spidey I got what I paid but then I pay $300.00 to ship.
I almost did the same and sold of about 150 PF's (with a lot of PCS stuff like all Street Fighters), I was lucky enough to do this before the prices fell like rocks. Today I would not even get 50% of what I got at that time.
Even Thanos EX does not sell as well as many think. One EX waited for a buyer in our forum (price was 1400 Euro) for months (basically that is less than the buy-price with shipping and customs to Germany). The last real auction for an EX on Ebay sold for 1577 USD. Deduct 10% fees for Ebay and the PayPal fees (is it 4% in the US as well?) then you get about 1362 USD cash. Buy-in was 1200 USD + shipping. At least he is one of the few you do not lose money on if you decide to sell or have to sell.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:35 AM   #595
Comicbookguy
Hercules

[QUOTE=craigcliff1;5769903]
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
$300 shipping? where are you shipping from? It cost me $45 to ship from California to New York for my Rey PF statue. Which is still a lot, would of been like $30 3-4 years ago
I know the box is not as big as Apoc PF

Already had to pay almost $300.00 on IS Spidey and that was shipped to New York. My RS PF about 12lbs was $37.00 to Neveda. 2017 My P1 Batman was $100.00 just to Oregon in start of 2017 Once you get to larger statues that just up what they charge a lot. I would say once you get to 30lbs they just add a lot charges. I remember in 2017 Jerry M. wrote Fed Ex added a surcharge 1/3 increase on big boxes. So a statue that was $200.00 to ship was now $300.00.
True the surcharges is very high on bigger boxes. It’s only getting more and more each year.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:37 AM   #596
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
With prices so high for a smaller pf, Now I'm going to get rid of most ss to get a few p1. Better presence, less clutter by buying less. better value and satisfaction imo to own the ultimate version of a character. At these prices collecting a huge collection is just not worth it as to the many reasons others explained already.
Unfortunately for me I only collect Marvel, so prime 1 won't work out and XM is way more expensive on shipping. I just have to pick and choose the SS pieces I get now instead of having 5 PO's at a time like I did in the past.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:34 AM   #597
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I have the ability to cancel 3 preorders because of delays and get about $3,500 refunded. Every day, that $3500 is close to looking better than the statues.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:53 AM   #598
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I have the ability to cancel 3 preorders because of delays and get about $3,500 refunded. Every day, that $3500 is close to looking better than the statues.
Keep the money. If you really want any of those later on I'm sure they can be had cheaper...especially on ebay when they do the 10% or 15% coupons.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:12 AM   #599
Gianco
X-Force

It is for me, just a couple of pre orders and seriously thinking about cancel. Prices are just unjustifiable for me, $1.500-$2.000 plus other costs and charges for a comics based character statue is a no in my brain, is not that I don’t like them, is just the fact that the price tag says no in my conscience part, is about the willing to spend that kind of money for that item. Just the $ .02 around my head
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:13 AM   #600
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Take the money.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote