Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #6011
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
This is a great statue drop the price to 999.99 and this thing sells well drop it 750.00 and the 3500 reg edition sells out in the 6 months as forps predicted. The issue is no the piece its amazing its the PRICE.
Well, in this case it's a combination of both the $1200 price tag and the huge ES. Again, people who are Vets in this hobby know what they have to do in order to save a decent chunk of change on this MAQ.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #6012
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
High levels of sodium from all the bitter folks that hope the ex fails. lol! I dont see anyone announcing their waitlist has converted since the es announcement. Those that are on the waitlist, why not cancel your orders, instead of trying to sway the ex owners into canceling? I bet if your WL order converted, those same naysayers will run and join the ex club, and completely turn a 180 from their original stance. lmao!

I see reverse psychology here. Just like when Sideshow announced the es of 750, and all the members here told people "dont buy it right away. It'll sit for months before it sells out". People fell for it while others capitalized on securing one.

Do your thing with the recasted heads or custom parts. Whatever will make you feel better guys. But custom head or not, the regular will always be a regular and a part of the 3500 run, and not a part of the original 750 exclusive run. Again, what makes an exclusive a genuine exclusive, is when the majority of people want what they cant have, and have to settle. And if you want it, you'll have to pay up for it. This is a true exclusive with a run of 750 in all sense of the word.
Hardly anyone expects or said that an EX owner should cancel their PO. We are strictly talking about the REG. Enjoy your EX.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:00 PM   #6013
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
There aren't 7 billion statue collectors in the world, maybe .005% of that. The issue with an ES this high is that it directly effects the aftermarket value of the EX. Why would anyone pay thousands more for a factory COH, when they could commission their own for a hell of a lot less with probably better quality. SS has nicely padded their pockets with this piece, as they should, they're a business. However they have simultaneously shot EX buyers in the leg, especially the flippers lol. It can be argued now that cancelling people's WL was premature, because if EX prices start to fall fast on the secondary people WILL be cancelling these faster than they ordered them. The only reason most people are keeping their orders is because of the "current" market value for the EX. Otherwise, what's the incentive to keep a very expensive statue most are struggling to justify before the ES was announced.

The statue market is in a state of collapse at the moment. People are fooling themselves if they think collectors will pay thousands above retail, even for a hugely successful piece like Thanos. It's hard to even give statues away these days in most FB statue groups, let alone asking people to refinance their house to buy Thanos.

Chris
I understand there aren't 7 billion collectors but what I meant in the future and everyday there are new collectors that have money to spend coming into the collecting game. Plus, there are a tremendous amount of Marvel fans as well as it keeps growing that might come into collecting. So in my opinion I feel a total ES of 4250 is not too big at all because kids will grow up that will know about Thanos from all the growing popularity and this still could be sought after for higher prices in the after market.

As Josh a Tron stated though many collectors that are not flippers most likely never will sell it to a slim chance. There were times in my past that a higher price was justified for me to pay in the after market for a Spidey Comiquette since I missed it and there are always reasons why someone will be willing to pay more for an item in the future...

For people also saying QC will suffer due to a higher ES is nonsense because even runs with an ES of 200 will run into issues when producing in China. The problem with bad QC is not the ES. It's that China knows how many corners they can cut and they do test the waters with statue companies to take advantage of them as well as statue collectors.

If you are a true collector then the flipper price doesn't matter and like Josh O Tron said if it rises in the future that's cool, but true collectors are not worried weather an after market price raises or falls. Everything someone collects is for the passion of that item to enjoy as art and should not be looked at like an investment, but appreciated for the art it is. If You want to invest, then please go educate yourself on making some real large profits such as Real Estate or Stock Market. But, to get so mad at an ES of an item that is made in China known for low quality items because you see it as a future investment is stupid because if you truly want something rare you wouldn't be buying it from China that is known for cheap mass producing items...

If you care about investing then invest in true rare items that are not mass produced in China like
Swarovski Myriads. There are many things to invest in and if all you care about is flipping and a after market value then you shouldn't buy this piece.

Again, a total of 4250 is not a lot and with Thanos growing in the Cinematic Universe as new collectors come in they will want this piece, but as time goes on it will be less on the after market once it reaches colllectors that don't want to sell it; therefore increasing its value. If you want real low items to be rare in the after market then buy one of a kind commissioned art. Jerry from PCS will even do commissions for a high price but worth it if you can afford the exclusitivity.

If you want very low ES then maybe look at companies like PCS which has low ES and they as well face challenges from China factories.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:01 PM   #6014
Hemooo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Do your thing with the recasted heads or custom parts. Whatever will make you feel better guys. But custom head or not, the regular will always be a regular and a part of the 3500 run, and not a part of the original 750 exclusive run. Again, what makes an exclusive a genuine exclusive, is when the majority of people want what they cant have, and have to settle for the second best thing. And if you want the ex, you'll have to pay up for it. This is a true exclusive with a run of 750 in all sense of the word.
I couldnt have said it better. Getting custom head or even worse, getting a recast head will not take away from the fact that this run is part of the 750 ex or the 3500 reg run.
Hemooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #6015
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemooo View Post
I couldnt have said it better. Getting custom head or even worse, getting a recast head will not take away from the fact that this run is part of the 750 ex or the 3500 reg run.
No, but it can bite deeply into the aftermarket value of the EX MAQ...if that means anything to you. If not, you're set regardless. I just seriously question when members like forps say the EX MAQ will run for $5000-$6000 in the aftermarket 2 or 3 years after release. I'm not seeing it.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #6016
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
No, but it can bite deeply into the aftermarket value of the EX MAQ...if that means anything to you. If not, you're set regardless. I just seriously question when members like forps say the EX MAQ will run for $5000-$6000 in the aftermarket 2 or 3 years after release. I'm not seeing it.
I don't see it going to 5-6K, either, but I could imagine the REG holding its value. Considering how fast the EX sold out, I could see the REG selling out before the statue is released next year.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:23 PM   #6017
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

[QUOTE=Y3E;5457429]A few years after Thanos on his Ass comes out know no one is going to care anymore about him. There will be so many new and great statues for preorder.

100% agree. A lot of the members on this board are living in the 2011 statue era when SS was it and only 1 or two great statues a year would come out. Today there are a ton of options and awesome statues. Be patient and by the time this releases next year there will 5 more statues of the century previewed. Hyperinflation, competition, and lack of creativity in sculpts will continue to hurt SS moving forward. In 5 years I can see SS getting most of their profit from distribution partnerships.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #6018
Jonezy89
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Listen who ever thought there was going to be a low ES on the regular is dam right retarded

End of subject next topic
Jonezy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:45 PM   #6019
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don't see it going to 5-6K, either, but I could imagine the REG holding its value. Considering how fast the EX sold out, I could see the REG selling out before the statue is released next year.
We'll see. The EX has no bearing on REG buyers now and at $1200 with an ES of 3500, I see REGs available for under retail in the near future.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #6020
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I also think it's funny how everyone is just like "I'll just buy a custom portrait." Like it's that easy. A lot of those customs are done behind the scenes and by the time they are ready to go they have long been "sold out". IF you can get one, you WILL be paying anywhere from 200-400 for that extra head. So for those saying they wouldn't pay aftermarket for the EX, because they'll just get a Reg and get a custom portrait... you're still going to be paying more. That is IF you can get one, and that is IF it isn't crap, and that is IF it comes painted or you'll be paying for a painter.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote