Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-10-2023, 12:00 PM   #6011
Forps is back
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
In other words.. ?I?ll generously take anybody?s statue for -10% right now.?
Nope. I have no interest in the license. This statue is the BEST Predator of all time. Its a MASTERPIECE. Probably one of Prime1's best if not THE best sculpt it ever produced (till now).

But its a "dying" license. Its basically guys 30-35/50 caring about it.

15y have zero interest. In 20y time, when these 15y are going to work for Meta, Microsoft, Alphabet etc and have money, they would seek to buy sculpts from MCU which was THEIR childhood masterpiece like Arnold was yours/ours.

The aforementioned reason along with the EXTREMELY HIGH ES and the already high price (the piece has no room to breathe. Prime1 already took all the AFTERMARKET MONEY off the table for herself) are working against it.

I love this Predator. It is the best on the market. But lets be serious. The license is old and fading away in the sunset.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 12:13 PM   #6012
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Nope. I have no interest in the license. This statue is the BEST Predator of all time. Its a MASTERPIECE. Probably one of Prime1's best if not THE best sculpt it ever produced (till now).

15y have zero interest. In 20y time, when these 15y are going to work for Meta, Microsoft, Alphabet etc and have money, they would seek to buy sculpts from MCU which was THEIR childhood masterpiece like Arnold was yours/ours.

The aforementioned reason along with the EXTREMELY HIGH ES and the already high price (the piece has no room to breathe. Prime1 already took all the AFTERMARKET MONEY off the table for herself) are working against it.

I love this Predator. It is the best on the market. But lets be serious. The license is old and fading away in the sunset.

Fair enough. I?m in the mindset that this was made for us ?older folks? that waited our whole lives for this representation. It?s the one that will never leave my collection. I?m probably wrong, but I don?t think any of the collectors in this group bought this with intention to sale down the road. It will probably die with most of us.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 12:19 PM   #6013
Dundee
Hydra

I won't ever sell this, even if they make an equivalent 1/4, I prefer this bigger size. Even if someone offered me 20k or 30k in 10 years time it's a no go.

That said from the price I paid, it's already gone up 1k anyway and I've barely owned the thing for 6 months. It'll likely hedge for inflation but most collectors could care less, they make their $$$ from other avenues anyway. Missing out on the CM I've waited over 10 years for this thing, a few K means jack all in the grand scheme of things
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 12:20 PM   #6014
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
It?s not a dying licence when company decide to charge $3000-4000 for a statue and $1000 for a Predator 1/3 bust that is sold out everywhere
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 12:21 PM   #6015
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
Fair enough. I?m in the mindset that this was made for us ?older folks? that waited our whole lives for this representation. It?s the one that will never leave my collection. I?m probably wrong, but I don?t think any of the collectors in this group bought this with intention to sale down the road. It will probably die with most of us.
That statue will end up in my grave
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 12:23 PM   #6016
SDguy

Did anyone even ask about resale values?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 12:32 PM   #6017
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Guys, this is the BEST Predator on the market by far (probably along with Wolf from Sideshow). Nevertheless as soon as hype dries, it will sell for -20% below retail (including shipping) and i am possibly generous here.

3 reasons for this

1) An incredibly high total ES
2) An already high initial price (the piece does not have room to breathe. Prime 1 already took all the "aftermarket money" off the table with its pricing along with shipping
3) Predator is an old license. Noone under 25y old cares for it. Its fans are basically guys between 30 and 50. Newer generations dont care about it. New Predator movies didnt create any hype. So in 20 years time, when kids being 15y old now are 35y old then, would not even care about this license. Or to acquire some pieces from it. This can only change if Disney hypes it enough in order to gain new fandom.

From the current licenses, Marvel would be the KING in 20y time (all kids watched MCU like you watched Arnold), DC and Star Wars that constantly create new fans.

This piece is marvellous but no way you can make your money back as soon as hype fades away. The combination of the aforementioned 3 reasons is arguably impossible to overcome.

Mark my words!
In 20 years from now, there's probably not going to be any new statue's being made period.The climate globalist regime is going to insure the future will surely suck....so I wouldn't be so confident with MCU being still a big hit in statue form.

Hey Congrats SDguy on getting it finally. I'm still freggin' waiting.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 01:12 PM   #6018
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Guys, this is the BEST Predator on the market by far (probably along with Wolf from Sideshow). Nevertheless as soon as hype dries, it will sell for -20% below retail (including shipping) and i am possibly generous here.

3 reasons for this

1) An incredibly high total ES
2) An already high initial price (the piece does not have room to breathe. Prime 1 already took all the "aftermarket money" off the table with its pricing along with shipping
3) Predator is an old license. Noone under 25y old cares for it. Its fans are basically guys between 30 and 50. Newer generations dont care about it. New Predator movies didnt create any hype. So in 20 years time, when kids being 15y old now are 35y old then, would not even care about this license. Or to acquire some pieces from it. This can only change if Disney hypes it enough in order to gain new fandom.

From the current licenses, Marvel would be the KING in 20y time (all kids watched MCU like you watched Arnold), DC and Star Wars that constantly create new fans.

This piece is marvellous but no way you can make your money back as soon as hype fades away. The combination of the aforementioned 3 reasons is arguably impossible to overcome.

Mark my words!
Quote:

interesting posts. This piece is on an entirely different level than the Wolf LSF. Infact i put the CM Predator and the SS EX Maquette Predator far above the Sideshow Wolf LSF.

Prices are always dictated by supply and demand. Sure there is a chance if someone wants to move this they may have to take a little hit, especially with the shipping charges. BUT did you examine the Ebay sales before posting these bulleted lists? If you did you will see there aren't many of guys for sale at retail and there have only been about 3 of these that have sold in the past 3 months. The people that bought this guy want him. The demand is HIGH on this guy and it will always be high.

This is the most iconic monster made in the past 40 years. by a mile. better than Aliens, Terminator, Slashers, and all other monsters of his time. This monster will be appreciated for generations, far past anyone who grew up with the character. Classics never go out of style. This monster already is the equivalent of to Boris Karloff's Frankenstein and Bela Lugosi's Dracula. This specific character WILL NEVER go out of style and peope WILL NEVER stop caring about this monster. WHY? because the past, present and future LOVE MONSTERS. there willalways be monster and creature lovers... and there are ZERO cool creative and innovative monsters being made. This is character and statue are going to age like fine wine.

This is the single greatest statue made in the history go this hobby. Nothing comes close. maybe the Transformer statues, but they don't have switch outs like this guy has. This statue has received UNIVERSAL acclaim and it has achieved legendary status like no other piece to ever produced in this hobby and it hasn't even been out for a year yet. Most that have it won't be selling it and the demand will rise as the supply will be scarce.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 01:37 PM   #6019
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Yeah Predator, Aliens & Terminator from Sci-fi and Freddy & Jason from the Horror genre will transcend through time as cinematic icons for many more generations. They're not just going to disappear like a fart in the wind. Lol....
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 01:45 PM   #6020
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hey Congrats SDguy on getting it finally. I'm still freggin' waiting.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm still waiting for the bust.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote