Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-10-2023, 05:06 PM   #6041
Forps is back
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
It's not about making the most money. It's about making a good profit against a small budget, which most horror movies have. That's why they keep getting made. A perfect intersection of popularity with cheapness. As someone in my 20s, I can't tell you how many people my age are obsessed with horror. It's their favorite genre, it's the first genre they ask about when they go on dates, it's the cinematic icebreaker. Cheap thrills are catnip for any generation, but especially mine.

But sure, shut down the conversation and call it a win in your book. We all have to cope somehow.

I'm not sure what you were expecting from this thread.

Just to help you guys form a smart strategy. If i were you, i would buy Berserker Predator which has a much LOWER ES by selling this one in order to get the needed funds.

I also bet that the 3 new Predators (which look like oversized action figures, they are toooo stiff in their poses, someone tell Prime1 that they dont look good) when they go up for PO are also going to have low ES.

The Jungle Predator would be readily available whenever you want to get it again and also in huge discount when all of them are shipped to clients and the hype fades out (1800 total ES, for ...sake! Prime1 REALLY MILKED IT). Use the funds to get Predators that would be difficult to get in the future.

This would be a smart strategy.

My 0.02 cents, guys!
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:16 PM   #6042
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Some of the newer members may not remember forps. He last posted six years ago.

This is what he does. Unsolicited advice, stated with unerring confidence. He said his farewells, but I guess he couldn't give up on us.

Welcome back forps!

Yeah I recall all that. Somehow I had just forgotten the long, hot wind associated with his posts. I still prefer Divo's occasional rhyming though
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:22 PM   #6043
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
This would be a smart strategy.
I don't think buying collectible statues for investment purposes is very smart. The reason so many people ordered the Jungle Hunter is because he's the iconic one and most would rather have him than Berserker or AVP. If you drop $3K on something you're not ultra passionate about -- passionate enough to buy it on its own merits, not for resale value -- the problem is you, not the statue in question.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:29 PM   #6044
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yeah I recall all that. Somehow I had just forgotten the long, hot wind associated with his posts. I still prefer Divo's occasional rhyming though
Investments? a culture defined by the money it makes? I?m throwing in my towel. Those above defenses are typically that of somebody that repeats what they?ve heard from others. Which is a shame because I?m a sucker for a good debate. Dude speaks well and is very civil. But his arguments are not fact checked. I?ll continue to read though lol.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:34 PM   #6045
Forps is back
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I don't think buying collectible statues for investment purposes is very smart. The reason so many people ordered the Jungle Hunter is because he's the iconic one and most would rather have him than Berserker or AVP. If you drop $3K on something you're not ultra passionate about -- passionate enough to buy it on its own merits, not for resale value -- the problem is you, not the statue in question.
Well, i was speaking about guys wanting to get the whole new 1/3 line by Prime1. ALL OF THEM. It is smart to not spend funds on this Predator due to the fact that Prime1 took advantage of the hype and produced a total ES of 1800. Get the Berserker 1/3 with an ES of 300 + what for the non-deluxe (we'll see) or the 3 new ones (although they are too stiff and they look like oversized action figures. Prime1 should change their poses).

So ONLY for guys who want to complete the line, take back some funds by selling this Predator (before the market gets flooded with them, i already see a worryingly amount appearing for sale although Prime1 produces it in batches) and use the funds to buy eg Berserker Predator from this new 1/3 line that it would difficult to hunt down later.

For a completionist that has limited funds and money, in order not to get into debt (cause i saw this happening, pushers and hypers lead guys into debt by creating a FOMO atmosphere), he should prioritize its spending on this new line.

Get the one that would be difficult to get in the future, leave the other one you would easily get it in a discount in the future.

I dont want guys (completionists) who cant afford this new 1/3 line go into debt for nonsense.

Prioritize your general spending and then with money left aside (AND ONLY, no debt for this hobby) get the lowest ES Predators first.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:36 PM   #6046
SDguy

I'm only getting JH, and the bust. I may get other busts if they are made, like Berserker and eventual Wolf.
Old 07-10-2023, 05:51 PM   #6047
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I do agree that the xenomorph is definitely a scarier design...Giger was brilliant with that type of super creepy and dark aesthetic, and I think it holds up great today, but I'm a Gen Xer so I'm a little biased. The predator is a cool design as well, but I don't get the same sense of primal fear and dread from it.

Just curious, do you think the effects from Carpenter's The Thing would hold up for kids today...that dog assimilation conglomerate is still pretty gruesome and insane, and that was 1982.
Yeah, well, totally different types of "aliens". One IS a primal creature, with a design based on fetish and sexual violence (which I'm not sure the general population seem to get, let alone collectors who have a xenomorph head statue - but if you do know and still purchase, more power to you), while the other is a sapient threat. Opposite ends of the spectrum.

Preds have their own subconscious inspiration as well, which I prefer...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 06:02 PM   #6048
Dundee
Hydra

JH has transcended in multiple forms of media, not just movies.

Its even made its way to arguably the greatest fighting game of all time Mortal Kombat! It's still slick AF and it's background lore extends to the Mortal Kombat universe. I bet a lot of zoomers got intrigued by it and went to watch the 1987 movie after seeing it in the game. It also has skins in the silly game Fortnite, which I know a lot of spring chickens love to play.

You also forgot the character Dutch played by the one and only Arnold Schwarzenegger. People will always want to watch his films, ALWAYS. Arnold is a true legend, like Bruce Lee is the legend for martial arts film. These human wonders are only born every few hundred years, shaped by the right genetics at the right time at the right environment. So the entire allure of the original 1987 predator has both the right ingredients of perfect creature design and a one in century generation (or few generations) actor in the midst of it. That's a combination that's unlikely to be topped, ever.

Name me a sci fi movie (besides Terminator) that has that combination?
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 06:17 PM   #6049
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Won't happen, CGI got nothing on the talent and creativity of Stan.

It's true. CGI have endless possibilities but still nothing comes even close to Stan Winston designs. Guy in a suit is way more convincing than multi milion dollar computer graphics
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 06:22 PM   #6050
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Yeah, well, totally different types of "aliens". One IS a primal creature, with a design based on fetish and sexual violence (which I'm not sure the general population seem to get, let alone collectors who have a xenomorph head statue - but if you do know and still purchase, more power to you), while the other is a sapient threat. Opposite ends of the spectrum.

Preds have their own subconscious inspiration as well, which I prefer...
Best post I've read today LOL. And speaking of, I really hope P1 makes Aliens that display well with this JH, as was already mentioned/alluded to. I need a Giger alien in my collection