Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #601
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I can't have something else than the white Besta. I really love them, here is some pics :

You can see more on https://www.facebook.com/MyCollectibleWorld this is the 1:4 community i'm making, we are almost 600 so feel free to join us there my friends
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #602
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
Here's my setup I still need some mirrors and shelves and lights lol. But its getting there

Darn your setup looks great, keep it up and get some lights in there to get your iron men pop and your other figures shown off, you have too nice of a collection to hide in the shadows! Congrats though on your display, LOVE all the terminator! We're huge fans of anything terminator as well and you made the display simply stunning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiggi505 View Post
Kinda like the bestas better. Im still working on my display...need another doubles and a long custom door.

Noice display luigi!! Love your Star Wars up front too awesome! You guys all really made your bestas shine and pop! Grats to all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiro51 View Post
Actually Batman 25" and Superman 25.5" will both fit in a Besta. You have to adjust the shelves though. That's why I went with the Vaasbo doors. The thicker frame kind of hides the shelves.

For example, check out the Hulk, which is also 25.5". Fits just fine.

Yeah it does irchio, your right! Forgot you could customize the besta shelves to your liking! I was shocked that he worked and fit in there but he looks really really nice as well as rest of your setup congrats!

Congrats on everyone's great displays! Our camera is all ready so this week we will post our display and pictures!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #603
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Here's my setup I still need some mirrors and shelves and lights lol. But its getting there
The T-700 looks awesome
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #604
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Actually Batman 25" and Superman 25.5" will both fit in a Besta. You have to adjust the shelves though. That's why I went with the Vaasbo doors. The thicker frame kind of hides the shelves.

Actually the Vassbo doors are a great idea, they would cover up moving the shelves a bit.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #605
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

wow thanks guys Ill post some better pics of the whole thing once the wall is painted and I get at least the last 3 lights.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:27 AM   #606
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Does anyone know of any alternative glass doors for besta shelf units? It really doesn't seem worth it to pay $60 per door, especially when you require 3 of them for one shelving unit.

I was considering simply getting the far cheaper Vara door, which covers the full length of the unit, and then cutting a large hole to inlay some glass.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #607
TooTall81
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
Does anyone know of any alternative glass doors for besta shelf units? It really doesn't seem worth it to pay $60 per door, especially when you require 3 of them for one shelving unit.

I was considering simply getting the far cheaper Vara door, which covers the full length of the unit, and then cutting a large hole to inlay some glass.
Unfortunately not. I was at ikea today and the woman there told me that they do not sell a full door for the Besta. Was very disappointed when she told me this as I feel your pain and do not want to spend $50 a door.
TooTall81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #608
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
wow thanks guys Ill post some better pics of the whole thing once the wall is painted and I get at least the last 3 lights.
Yeah darb, really looking forward to seeing more pictures after its finished! We just got ours all done and its amazing! Cant wait to get our basement done so we have wall to wall shelves with our entire collection on display!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTall81 View Post
Unfortunately not. I was at ikea today and the woman there told me that they do not sell a full door for the Besta. Was very disappointed when she told me this as I feel your pain and do not want to spend $50 a door.
Yeah that is unfortunate to say the least but maybe this will make you feel better! My pax sliding doors were $199 plus i need two pieces of glass which will probably cost $100 making a total of $299 which would be the cost if i bought 6 individual doors for mine! So even though paying that stings a little it will make your display so much better and keep the cleaning down a bit too which is nice!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #609
built2shred
Phoenix

You could always check out a cabinet or glass shop, they could probably make you a simple custom door for your bestas..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #610
Maverick177uk
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:

I didn't think Hulk would fit in a Besta
Maverick177uk is offline   Reply With Quote