Old 11-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #601
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingstang View Post
Ex 600
Reg. 1200

wasn't expecting that low ES
I think a lot of people weren’t as impressed with this as they wanted to be after years of wanting this and building their own hype. This is a decent statue. I think most can probably agree with that. It’s not bad. But it’s not a “wow” or “spectacular” statue. It’s a serviceable statue of the Flash. Not a whole lot to it. The sculpt doesn’t require high level details. There’s lean concerns holding some people off. And the real kicker is the Ex. Not many felt the need to PO based on the EX not being more substantial. If it was a well received change of head we’d probably be seeing 1000 ES on the Ex. I’d have liked a second head AND the gun. SS used to do great things like that.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:41 PM   #602
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I think a lot of people weren’t as impressed with this as they wanted to be after years of wanting this and building their own hype. This is a decent statue. I think most can probably agree with that. It’s not bad. But it’s not a “wow” or “spectacular” statue. It’s a serviceable statue of the Flash. Not a whole lot to it. The sculpt doesn’t require high level details. There’s lean concerns holding some people off. And the real kicker is the Ex. Not many felt the need to PO based on the EX not being more substantial. If it was a well received change of head we’d probably be seeing 1000 ES on the Ex. I’d have liked a second head AND the gun. SS used to do great things like that.
Yup. The sculpt is nice, but it is very safe and generic.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:10 PM   #603
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm not too surprised by the ES. IMO certain body proportions are off enough to make The Flash look rather weird...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:14 PM   #604
adee
Green Arrow

I like the statue, I don't love it. I just really don't care about the EX at all so felt no need to order.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:12 PM   #605
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I like the statue, I don't love it. I just really don't care about the EX at all so felt no need to order.
Same here, i honestly thought theyd throw a punisher es on this and play the long game. Either way ill wait for a reg
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:27 PM   #606
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingstang View Post
Ex 600
Reg. 1200

wasn't expecting that low ES
That EX gun. Really making it easier for people to wait.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #607
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Works for me. I don't mind an ES on the lower side.
I see this as a huge negative for DC Comic, especially Male, characters moving forward.

This low of an ES for a character who is on TV weekly is not going to give SS faith to dig any deeper in the Justice League Line never mind the Greater DCU PF Line.

Also have to give them credit that they knew Flash couldn't meet the expectations at the start of the line with ES's of 5000+.

This board should take a little credit- that all of you "clawed" this low ES piece out of them.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:54 PM   #608
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I see this as a huge negative for DC Comic, especially Male, characters moving forward.

This low of an ES for a character who is on TV weekly is not going to give SS faith to dig any deeper in the Justice League Line never mind the Greater DCU PF Line.

Also have to give them credit that they knew Flash couldn't meet the expectations at the start of the line with ES's of 5000+.

This board should take a little credit- that all of you "clawed" this low ES piece out of them.
This board represents less than 10% of SS's customers. Don't inflate the importance
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:55 PM   #609
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post

You could be right. When SSAlex and Igo were active on the board I’d see collectors asking for characters and their responses were “it depends on how X sells if we do more.”

The problem with that very business minded perspective is this is art. It’s not always the character that sells or doesn’t sell. It’s a combination of the character and the interpretation. Their Lobo PF and Maquette are a good example. The way they should look at it is consider the character to a degree, but also that better concept and exclusives/switch outs equal higher sales. They’ve sold more of lesser characters they’ve made look cool. If Flash as a whole was “awesome” instead of just “good” (or to some, awkward, due to the proportions) more people would’ve ordered by now and it would have a higher ES. The character definitely isn’t the problem here.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:05 PM   #610
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Same here, i honestly thought theyd throw a punisher es on this and play the long game. Either way ill wait for a reg
When one is an awesome customizer, it is wise to get the Reg. at a discounted price later, along with with free s/h, probably!
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote