Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #601
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Does that help? He seems to be producing (putting up PO's) anyway. Terminating contracts and licenses with Syco seems like the least effective thing to do actually. Yes it covers your own end, but will they stop?

They sell their Mortal Kombat stuff outside of the licensed zone, the put up marvel stuff that isn't licensed and are now promoting recasts. Canceling licenses for stuff they didn't have a license for in the first place? Hmmm... Good to see Marvel taking an official stand against Syco, but I think he'll be wiping his arse with the notice over in China.

Sad to see how many people won't get their money back. The dude who send back his Sub Zero is scewed and all others who have put down PO deposits need to pull out (if thay haven't already) and pray for their money back. I for one am glad I canceled all my stuff and hadn't payed a dime yet. Sub Zero PF is sold and I'm now Syco free.
Damn right it helps. helps tremendously.
seems how he was trying to acquire a license to produce their characters/products.
plus what you have noted, this solidifies that the public's voice has been herd by a major company. and that they took it upon themselves to actually do something about it. so i want to personally commend and thank Marvel for taking this seriously and listening to the everyday people and fans/customers who support them. and by Marvel doing this, it is setting an example for WB to do the same thing. not to mention all the other companies out there that are affiliated with scamco. hopefully WB will act accordingly and follow Marvels lead and cut all ties with them as well (if they haven't already). its not like WB is making any money anyway with all of the MK characters all on P.O.. which have been for for quite some time now. months and some for years. which im sure WB isn't pleased with that at all.
as much as you may think this doesn't help. in all actuality it does.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #602
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Erick - can you pass this info onto WB? Or Jerry - if you're reading this, you should show it to WB how he is openly soliciting unlicensed merchandise which will taint their brand to be associated with Scamco.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #603
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
Erick - can you pass this info onto WB? Or Jerry - if you're reading this, you should show it to WB how he is openly soliciting unlicensed merchandise which will taint their brand to be associated with Scamco.
yes i agree. and send along a message that Marvel has cut all ties with them as well due to all that has happened. that should send them a clear message as well and that they would be smart to do the same.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #604
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Does that help? He seems to be producing (putting up PO's) anyway. Terminating contracts and licenses with Syco seems like the least effective thing to do actually. Yes it covers your own end, but will they stop?

They sell their Mortal Kombat stuff outside of the licensed zone, the put up marvel stuff that isn't licensed and are now promoting recasts. Canceling licenses for stuff they didn't have a license for in the first place? Hmmm... Good to see Marvel taking an official stand against Syco, but I think he'll be wiping his arse with the notice over in China.

Sad to see how many people won't get their money back. The dude who send back his Sub Zero is scewed and all others who have put down PO deposits need to pull out (if thay haven't already) and pray for their money back. I for one am glad I canceled all my stuff and hadn't payed a dime yet. Sub Zero PF is sold and I'm now Syco free.
It will because they can take legal action now, and if they try to sell in large numbers as they are now it will likely bring on the lawyers since it's not a small operation.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #605
jedideni
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Erick wrote:
Quote:
I wonder what Addel is thinking about his partner Darren or whatever his real name is..now....hmmmm
Those guys are two peas in a pod, they deserve each other. I can't imagine that much arrogance and ignorance in the same room together though.

I would love to be a fly on the wall though!
jedideni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #606
Vracula
Jedi Order

This was a $hit company right from the get go,their Products look amateur at best.Am so glad that PCS got the MK license as well or I might just MIGHT have been tempted to put down cash on a statue or two due to lack of MK statues in the market.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #607
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedideni View Post
Those guys are two peas in a pod, they deserve each other. I can't imagine that much arrogance and ignorance in the same room together though.

I would love to be a fly on the wall though!
oh im sure they are talking to one another trying to come up with another scheme to take advantage of people and scam'em out of their money im sure.
im just wondering what their new companies name is going to be?
im sure they have a back up plan. most con artists and crooks usually do.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #608
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
This was a $hit company right from the get go,their Products look amateur at best.Am so glad that PCS got the MK license as well or I might just MIGHT have been tempted to put down cash on a statue or two due to lack of MK statues in the market.
yeah well that would have been a really big mistake on your part. and you'd be right there in the mix with all the others who have paid them for statues and have never received them and are still waiting for them. or their money back after canceling their orders or returning a statue that was damaged.

but yeah, thanks god that an honest company received the MK license so that those fans can get the statues they so desire.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #609
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post

but yeah, thanks god that an honest company received the MK license so that those fans can get the statues they so desire.
what boggles my mind is the blatant stupidity of some of those Facebook users.Even if I didnt know much about the statue market I would have pulled out my money ages ago.The constant date changes is too much to bear.Other statue companies do it to to some extent but they have a long history to back it up.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #610
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
what boggles my mind is the blatant stupidity of some of those Facebook users.Even if I didnt know much about the statue market I would have pulled out my money ages ago.The constant date changes is too much to bear.
yeah. i dont get it. and even after they were told by countless people, and one well known sculptor what was going on.
they still refused to listen. but from the comments posted on their face book by customers from a couple of days ago that were posted here and others that have been posted yesterday and today.
it seems that some are listening. or at least are catching onto their game first hand. i just hope those people get their money back. but i have a feeling that they wont unfortunately.