Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 12-07-2023, 05:15 PM   #601
veryfigurefans
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i just assembled a small cabinet with some examples of lines i loved including ninja turtles, food fighters, street sharks, battle beasts, spawn and some newer figures inspired by vintage lines like motu, barnyard commandos and transformers. ill post some pictures with the year end collection update but those lines really had an impact on me when i was a kid
I know the figures you are talking about. Some of them are in my collection. I have a Radical Bends figure from the Street Sharks series, I think it is rarer than the others. I don't have any of the shark form ones yet.

I guess you had Ghostbusters figures? I can recommend the Addams Family figures. I can recommend Kenner's Batman figures. Kenner Batman figures have a special place in my case anyway.

The police academy figures look very nice. Maybe it can add a nice touch to your collection.

I am looking forward to the photos you will share.
veryfigurefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 05:30 PM   #602
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Your collection is incredible. I can look at each photo for minutes and always discover a new figure
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 05:35 PM   #603
veryfigurefans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Your collection is incredible. I can look at each photo for minutes and always discover a new figure
I'm so glad you liked it. Thank you very much for your words about my collection.
Old 12-14-2023, 12:44 PM   #604
veryfigurefans

I added new toys to the collection and made some minor rearrangements on the shelves.

You also see some toys mainly from the late 80's and 90's. There are wind-up ones among them. I was very happy to find the motorized police toy that I had been looking for for a long time. I had the old versions of these police bikes a long time ago but they were lost. I was very happy to add a larger and different version to the collection again and it reminds me of a memory of my late grandfather.

''When I was a child, my late grandfather had a police motorcycle lighter. Since he knew that I was always into toys, he asked me if I could find a small police figure on that lighter. A broken police motorcycle immediately came to my mind. I had too many toys in a big bag. I found that police figure at the bottom of the bag and I ran to my grandfather and gave that figure to him as a gift. The figure looked like it was made for that lighter and looked amazing when he sat on it. He later displayed it on a shelf in his home until his death. Those were good days.

By the way, it's time to clean some shelves this week. I hope I can share new photos soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	166624   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	166625   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	166626   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	166627   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	166628  

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	166629   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	166630   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	166631   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	166632   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	166633  

Old 12-14-2023, 12:45 PM   #605
veryfigurefans

NEXT
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	166634   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	166635   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	166636   Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	166637  
Old 12-14-2023, 01:28 PM   #606
ukshaun
Hercules

Congrats on the pick ups!
One of your photo's appears to reveal an impressive ceiling. I have a thing for architecture.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 01:37 PM   #607
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Love the story of the motorcycle and the Penguin on skis.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 02:52 PM   #608
veryfigurefans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Congrats on the pick ups!
One of your photo's appears to reveal an impressive ceiling. I have a thing for architecture.
Thank you very much. I'm glad you liked it.

It's great that you are interested in architecture.

Since the room where I displayed my collection was small, I had to think about every detail. Since I have been thinking for a long time about where I can benefit from in the room and how to create a comfortable environment, everything is progressing systematically now. For example, the large styrofoam and corner styrofoam I used on the ceiling added a different atmosphere. A few months ago, I used thick wooden-looking styrofoam on the wall section above the window and I achieved the different atmosphere I wanted.

I've never had good drawing skills, but I trust my imagination a lot. I always think it is important to have a vision. As I always talk about opening a museum, I think that the interior and exterior architecture should be something unprecedented, so I have been thinking about it for years and adding something new every day. If it's going to be ordinary in many of the jobs I start, I think it shouldn't happen at all.

By the way, I'm adding a photo so you can see the wooden section I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Love the story of the motorcycle and the Penguin on skis.
Thank you very much. Penguin is a toy that looks really fun. I'm glad you liked it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	37.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	166641  
Old 12-14-2023, 03:02 PM   #609
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryfigurefans View Post
Thank you very much. I'm glad you liked it.

It's great that you are interested in architecture.

Since the room where I displayed my collection was small, I had to think about every detail. Since I have been thinking for a long time about where I can benefit from in the room and how to create a comfortable environment, everything is progressing systematically now. For example, the large styrofoam and corner styrofoam I used on the ceiling added a different atmosphere. A few months ago, I used thick wooden-looking styrofoam on the wall section above the window and I achieved the different atmosphere I wanted.

I've never had good drawing skills, but I trust my imagination a lot. I always think it is important to have a vision. As I always talk about opening a museum, I think that the interior and exterior architecture should be something unprecedented, so I have been thinking about it for years and adding something new every day. If it's going to be ordinary in many of the jobs I start, I think it shouldn't happen at all.

By the way, I'm adding a photo so you can see the wooden section I'm talking about.

Thank you very much. Penguin is a toy that looks really fun. I'm glad you liked it.
Each to their own..
For me the wood creates a different vibe to the ceiling. I prefer the ceiling.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 03:11 PM   #610
veryfigurefans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Each to their own..
For me the wood creates a different vibe to the ceiling. I prefer the ceiling.
Of course, I think that everyone can reflect their own imagination in decoration and architecture in the best way possible. It is always very important to me that you speak your mind.

I believe that you attach great importance to the room where you display your collection and pay attention to the placement of the statues.

When we grow up, we realize how important the world we create with the toys we have and play with as children is. Because our imagination expands thanks to the toys we play with.