Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 09-17-2016, 01:34 PM   #601
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
My son just called me... the Barbarian has arrived at my house!!! I'll be off work in two hours!!! Can't wait to see this thing!!!
Awesome! Enjoy!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:36 PM   #602
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So there's a look at the girl. She's well done, well painted and the skin shading is good.

And a close up of her face... As you can see well done...

The detail on the parts you will never see is impressive too... Who knew she had two boobs!!!

And one last pic of her...
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:45 PM   #603
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

where is Barbarian?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #604
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
where is Barbarian?
Who?
Old 09-17-2016, 06:18 PM   #605
The13thWarlock

Just kidding! Everyone post barbarian pics... Wanted to show some new angles of the slave.

Overall, I'm really happy. The statue was very well packed by ARH. It was the normal box inside a box, but this time the outer box was a slight bit bigger and the inner box rested on foam corners... Seems like it wound make it harder to damage and absorb more impact from picking up and putting down the box. Thumbs up.

The styrofoam was the new stuff and custom made for the barbarian. Very nice and unexpected suprise. No vacuuming required. Two thumbs up.

The picture was not the best and was folded over and bent in the corner. Whatever. If I was going tons get a pic with this, I'd either do one myself or get a big Frazetta copy. That's a thumbs down.

Everything was well packed in the foam. No breaks or paint rubs or damage. Another major thumbs up.

Assembly was fairly basic. I had to make extra sure the barbarian was pushed down in his "holes" as he doesn't have feet. The magnets that secure the hands seem a little weak, and I'm not 100% satisfied with the position of the left hand holding the sword. Also, the slave girls hand doesn't quite rest on the barbarian and the axe in the back is a ----- to seat. That's.... 1 thumbs up and 4 thumbs down.

Paint application was perfect. The hanging sword was a cool effect. Everything lines up and fits perfect. The way they magnet the dagger to the right barbarian hand is ingenious. Hanging slavegirl chain is another cool touch and a major concern... The smavegirls nipples were acceptable. That's 6 more thumbs up.

It's a nice weight, but it's not obnoxiously heavy. Once the barbarian is on, I moved him on the base. You can't move the base with the slave girl on unless you want her sliding off. Id advise taking the ax off as well.

Overall I'm pretty happy. Was it worth $900? Probably. I feel like as an ARH fan and a Frazetta fan I should have a piece, and this is my favorite of the ones that were done. You are definitely getting a spot on representation of the original art. Major props to Ethan for his brilliant work on bringing this into the the realm of three dimensions. Note that Conan:The Sacrifice is still my favorite Conan piece... But this comes really really close!!! Thanks ARH!!! And BBTS!!!
Old 09-17-2016, 07:54 PM   #606
Rokdweller
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Just kidding! Everyone post barbarian pics... Wanted to show some new angles of the slave.
More pics with good lighting of the whole piece would be appreciated! What does the bottom of the base look like?
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:06 PM   #607
The13thWarlock

I'll see if I can grab some more tomorrow. I'm headed back to work in a few and tossed the barbarian up on my shelf for temp display. The lighting sucks and I need to adjust it, but I'm waiting for the other two statues to come in so I can do it all at once.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:17 PM   #608
SAB380
The X-Men

Great write up and review !
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:23 PM   #609
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Congrats 13th! It's a fantastic statue and a treat to have a Barbarian representation for a Frazetta Conan fan. I had this PO'ed but decided to pass it to another Conan fan. I have the Moore Barbarian with a Paul Moore paint up and even though it's a smaller representation nothing beats it to me.
After many years I am still enamored with it.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:59 PM   #610
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
Congrats 13th! It's a fantastic statue and a treat to have a Barbarian representation for a Frazetta Conan fan. I had this PO'ed but decided to pass it to another Conan fan. I have the Moore Barbarian with a Paul Moore paint up and even though it's a smaller representation nothing beats it to me.
After many years I am still enamored with it.
Really surprised you cancelled !
(Though your custom painted Barbarian is stunning)
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote