Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-22-2023, 01:13 AM   #601
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
That is not correct. it is the default amount that is the NRD. If the payment plan deposit is 20% standard, but you decided to do 40% and cancel later. only the 20% is kept, not the excess amount.
Thanks for the clarification. It's not what I was told via email but it's good to know moving forward.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	413130414_276902992027984_5491814260759497273_n.png
Views:	172
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	166985  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 01:18 AM   #602
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimas View Post
Id argue reasonable to business ..no.

Reasonable to peers and like businesses..nope.

And i never signed anything that spoke to this NRD policy..did i?

Im 100% being penalized for canceling.

This is a word of warning, look up he will hide behind his policy.

The human element is lacking.
You clicked the box at checkout which says you agree to the T&C. Yes, you are being penalized for canceling. That is what an NRD is. However, you don't have to take the hit, as mentioned by myself and many others. There are several options I have offered you, as well as what has been suggested by Phoenix. Simply sell the item to someone who wants and you will lose nothing. Alternatively, continue our email convo to try n work something out.

Everyone here is trying to offer some advice on how to NOT lose the NRD, but you don't seem to be receptive to our suggestions. Therein the fault lies with you.
Old 12-22-2023, 01:19 AM   #603
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Thanks for the clarification. It's not what I was told via email but it's good to know moving forward.
Not sure what happened there, but I'm sorry if you were told something else. That is not the policy. But yes, going forward now you know.
Old 12-22-2023, 01:20 AM   #604
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I have zero sympathy for anyone who can?t take 5 minutes to look through a website for their terms of service or reach out to the owner if you can?t find them or are confused. You?re spending 3K+ on this piece. Would you blindly buy a car or sign a mortgage without educating yourself on the specifics.

I?m tired of hearing most people don?t have the time to look through a website for info. It?s a cop out and pure laziness. The owner has reached out personally and here to resolve the issue. Instead of whining work with him.
Unfortunately, that seems to be a common theme nowadays. Especially among those below a certain age.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 01:22 AM   #605
Nicodimas
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I have zero sympathy for anyone who can?t take 5 minutes to look through a website for their terms of service or reach out to the owner if you can?t find them or are confused. You?re spending 3K+ on this piece. Would you blindly buy a car or sign a mortgage without educating yourself on the specifics.

I?m tired of hearing most people don?t have the time to look through a website for info. It?s a cop out and pure laziness. The owner has reached out personally and here to resolve the issue. Instead of whining work with him.
My situation is different like I explained. Things get complicated.

I asked for leniancy he said no. He still gets to move on to the next person on waitlist..hes up money.

I pointed out a good firm who explains nrd better. I showed a peer company that says in plain language right there . You can literally buy a item and it never says deposit is nrd as you move to purchase. I just walked through his site.

buyer beware.
Nicodimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 01:41 AM   #606
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Id argue reasonable to business ..no.

Reasonable to peers and like businesses..nope.

And i never signed anything that spoke to this NRD policy..did i?

Im 100% being penalized for canceling.

This is a word of warning, look up he will hide behind his policy.

The human element is lacking.
The policies have been set in stone forever, and that's just how things work when you pre-order from the majority of statue companies. PCS, Sideshow, XM, etc. If you failed to read the pre-order policy, that is on you, NOT specfiction. Ignorance isn't going to save you here.

This is what people fail to realize. Specfiction isn't some huge billion dollar company with endless storage/inventory. When a customer places an order, specfiction orders that piece on your behalf. If you cancel that order for whatever reason, they are now STUCK with it because you decided to cancel. So now they need to find another buyer to purchase it from them. Sometimes it's easy to re-sell it if it's a hot ticket item, sometimes it's not - it's supply and demand. Due to the fact that you cancelled your order/agreement, you lose out on your NRD, which stands for Non-Refundable Deposit.

I don't know what your financial situation is, but if you cannot recover over a simple NRD, then you shouldn't be ordering statues in the first place.

Specfiction tried to work with you and you have refused their solutions. Others have also provided you with alternatives, and you're still being stubborn. You feel entitled and have an elitist attitude, so I hope you don't get any refund now.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 01:42 AM   #607
Nicodimas
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
You clicked the box at checkout which says you agree to the T&C. Yes, you are being penalized for canceling. That is what an NRD is. However, you don't have to take the hit, as mentioned by myself and many others. There are several options I have offered you, as well as what has been suggested by Phoenix. Simply sell the item to someone who wants and you will lose nothing. Alternatively, continue our email convo to try n work something out.

Everyone here is trying to offer some advice on how to NOT lose the NRD, but you don't seem to be receptive to our suggestions. Therein the fault lies with you.
Todd, sit down and really consider what the implication of when someone says there situation is different. Ponder what that could mean..when someone says hey would like to cancel, please send money back. Thank you. This.is.my.only.option.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas. Good luck all.
Nicodimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 01:50 AM   #608
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Todd, sit down and really consider what the implication of when someone says there situation is different. Ponder what that could mean..when someone says hey would like to cancel, please send money back. Thank you. This.is.my.only.option.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas. Good luck all.
Maybe the only situation would be if you're unfortunately on your death bed (or something similar). Sadly, similar situations have occurred from time to time.

Though with the time you've spent here, you could've spent the same amount of time and effort and sold the order to a fellow collector. Heck, if you don't have any other orders, and if you're done with Spec, you can provide your login details to the Spec Fiction website with the sale. Just remember to change the password to random characters if you need to.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 02:04 AM   #609
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I think, at this point, this is a situation that can only be resolved between the buyer and seller. The buyer has made his point, and the seller has publicly responded. Probably makes sense to let them do their thing.

I originally clicked on this thread because I'm eagerly awaiting this piece, and I thought there was more news or images - in fact, it's just more drama, nobody needs.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 02:07 AM   #610
nearmint
Phoenix

We had the same Spec and NRDs conversation with Nicodimas 9 months ago concerning the Queen Studios Ledger Joker 1/4.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote