Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 07-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #6111
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfthai View Post
The best thing about the art is the reminder of such a great weekend.

But the pieces also totally rule, I'll need to get a secondary bigger sketchbook...
I know right? Supanova RAdelaide...
And yeah, bigger sketchbook...
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #6112
jollyskeleton

I like Alfred!!! And Poison Ivy just seems to pop right off the pages! Nice ones Ken!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #6113
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Great stuff Ken! Love Freeze in particular - fantastic work by Raney.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #6114
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Rodders,

Sorry mate, it wasn't as easy to get away from the booth as I thought and when I did remember there seemed to be huge queues and choked aisles due to the cast of Cap 2 signing etc. My apologies but the show is truly a madhouse! Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
No luck at the Marvel booth mate? I suspect it slipped your mind from it not being mentioned....
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #6115
Royd
Producer
Producer

Wow!! Ken, I'm with Wrothy, that Raney Mr Freeze piece is magic and the others are also very impressive. David Yardin seems to step it up every time I see a new piece from him and that's a delightful Ivy! Congrats mate
Old 07-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #6116
Royd
Producer
Producer

Viewing Dave Mandel's collection of original art, action figures, movie props, graphic novels etc. would have to be one of the highlights of my trip! Byrne X-Men, Mignola Hellboy, BWS pages, Dave Stevens Rocketeer, Steranko, Kirby and so much more - it was a joy to behold!

Going to visit Howard Chaykin and Walt & Louise Simonson tomorrow and then the Drink & Draw where we'll catch up with Dave Johnson and Bob Layton. I don't want to come home!

I leave on Saturday night but I will be attending an Entourage theme party on Saturday at a Hollywood screenwriter's house (I'm staying with a friend of his who was a producer on NCIS, Castle etc.) - hope I make it to the airport - haha!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #6117
jollyskeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Viewing Dave Mandel's collection of original art, action figures, movie props, graphic novels etc. would have to be one of the highlights of my trip! Byrne X-Men, Mignola Hellboy, BWS pages, Dave Stevens Rocketeer, Steranko, Kirby and so much more - it was a joy to behold!

Going to visit Howard Chaykin and Walt & Louise Simonson tomorrow and then the Drink & Draw where we'll catch up with Dave Johnson and Bob Layton. I don't want to come home!

I leave on Saturday night but I will be attending an Entourage theme party on Saturday at a Hollywood screenwriter's house (I'm staying with a friend of his who was a producer on NCIS, Castle etc.) - hope I make it to the airport - haha!
Clearly someone is having the time of his life
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #6118
Royd
Producer
Producer

Definitely! At Dave Mandel's place, I mentioned to Dave that one of my all-time fave stories was the X-Men issue by Barry Windsor-Smith which featured Katie Power from the Power Pack helping an injured Wolverine against Lady Deathstrike.

Dave brought out an Itoya art folio with the complete BWS story - I was in art collector heaven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyskeleton View Post
Clearly someone is having the time of his life

Last edited by Royd; 07-25-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #6119
Royd
Producer
Producer

*Sniff, Sob* Just at the Qantas Club lounge waiting for my flight home

Staying with my buddy Steve resulted in my being invited to a "Hollywood Party" today at the home of screenwriter Allan Loeb (Here Comes the Boom, Rock of Ages, Just Go With It, Wall St. 2 etc.) where the drinks & food flowed freely and gorgeous women abounded (most in swimsuits at the pool)!

There were actors from Revenge along with Topher Grace and others in attendance and it was awesome! Now I have to deal with reality *Sigh*

I'll post my SDCC acquisitions after my return.

Last edited by Royd; 07-27-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #6120
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
*Sniff, Sob* Just at the Qantas Club lounge waiting for my flight home

Staying with my buddy Steve resulted in my being invited to a "Hollywood Party" today at the home of screenwriter Allan Loeb (Here Comes the Boom, Rock of Ages, Just Go With It, Wall St. 2 etc.) where the drinks & food flowed freely and gorgeous women abounded (most in swimsuits at the pool)!

There were actors from Revenge along with Topher Grace and others in attendance and it was awesome! Now I have to deal with reality *Sigh*

I'll post my SDCC acquisitions after my return.
Safe trip back mate!
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote