Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-30-2016, 11:02 PM   #6131
actionjackson83
Midnighter

actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:21 AM   #6132
Demona
Lex Luthor

Action -- who painted your custom portrait? Those paint colors look great! Look at those lashes. Woot -- And her eyes don't look as if she's looking up! This one is perfection

or were they all painted by the same person and the camera is making all the difference between the two customs?
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:33 AM   #6133
risingstar
Jedi Order

It's great to see continued attempts at producing an ideal portrait for this stunning statue. However, this portrait is still not quite there for me. It's nicely painted but imo it still misses the mark. The face is much too oval, the eyes aren't looking is the best displayable direction, and to be brutally honest, it just isn't that pretty of a face. Nice attempt but it doesn't work for me.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:39 AM   #6134
adee
Green Arrow

I think it looks great. I like it much more than any of the the heads it came with.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:19 AM   #6135
Demona
Lex Luthor

I think the face is spot on for the fact that Mule wanted Lena Headey. It's not so the face, but the hair, that stopped me from ordering this custom portrait.

Ugh. I keep thinking more and more about having the original portrait repainted. I really don't plan on selling the statue until I need to move it....how much do you think repainting that portrait would hurt moving the piece YEARS from now?
Old 10-31-2016, 11:41 AM   #6136
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think the face is spot on for the fact that Mule wanted Lena Headey. It's not so the face, but the hair, that stopped me from ordering this custom portrait.

Ugh. I keep thinking more and more about having the original portrait repainted. I really don't plan on selling the statue until I need to move it....how much do you think repainting that portrait would hurt moving the piece YEARS from now?
This was it... While these customs seem to make a valiant attempt at replacing the original portrait, they seem to keep missing this mark, at least imo.

upload a gif
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:17 PM   #6137
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

I love the hair. It's pretty much spot on to Artgerm's original Phoenix artwork.

You should see about repainting the original portrait. I would think it would only help the value of your statue, if it ends up looking much better than what the factory did.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:26 PM   #6138
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I think it looks great. I like it much more than any of the the heads it came with.
I still think the wind swept hair is the best portrait I have seen of her...and that includes any and all customs made so far.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:28 PM   #6139
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I love the hair. It's pretty much spot on to Artgerm's original Phoenix artwork.

You should see about repainting the original portrait. I would think it would only help the value of your statue, if it ends up looking much better than what the factory did.
I think it would be impossible for it to not turn out better than what I have in my hands now. Or should I say, impossible to not be more to my liking.

The real question is if I could have the hair moved back on her head too? Really show off her face more, as the proto did. I still have pictures on my computer of the original.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:31 PM   #6140
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I would assume you could. I would guess the hair was a separate piece that was attached to the head, at least it looks that way when I look at it.

I'm pretty sure a great paint job would make the original face really pretty. It's there, just the paint on it can make it look kinda manly (at certain angles).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote