Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #611
FROBAY
Phoenix

Congrats HB. Those are some great pics. It's nice to get a statue as advertised! now, If I could only get mine

Edit: just got my tracking info and its coming today.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #612
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Congrats Scott, she looks very cool. Very pretty. I too, like the tattoo and the wetsuit the best.

Question. Do you have the SP girls? If so, I think it would be really cool to see a picture of Whisper with the SP girls.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #613
ambasah
Red Skull

killer statue and great pics.

Give me a leia or elektra with that kind of detail and I will gladly forkover $600.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #614
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Looking at the SDCC photos, the tattoos look to be decals. But they seem to be some of the best decal application I've seen on a statue.

And the blonde hair is what we should have seen on Baby Doll.
Yeah, they would have to be. It just looks so good though.

Btw, love the idea of using dog tags. If I do decide to pull the trigger on Whisper, I will definitely be stealing that idea.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #615
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
My pleasure Viper & thanks.

Regular or variant I don't see anyone being disappointed in this piece. Its beautifully executed. GG has once again raised the bar.
Indeed they have. It's a nice feeling having a statue on order and having every confidence that it will arrive as advertised. One of the things I have grown to admire about Gentle Giant is that they are more focused on putting out an amazing product instead of getting every license on the planet and churning out pieces by the thousands with little regard for quality in many cases which, sadly, has been Sideshow's focus these last several years.

Sideshow puts out some amazing prototypes but in many cases struggles or has down right apathy when it comes to making sure their factories can deliver what they advertise. I still buy from them but have become very selective in my choices.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #616
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

So, I have a question for you guys. This isn't meant to start a debate on Whisper's price at all.

But, in looking at some pics of the other girls, some seem to have similar detail, while a couple others seem to have less. For example, I think the roller skate girl seems to have some pretty awesome detail, while there's one girl wearing a simple white jacket, boots and wearing a tutu that has very basic detail.

Do you think the other girls will all be priced the same, or do you foresee the prices being all over the place?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #617
Luminous
Cyclops

While doubtful, I hope the prices vary. Because your right, the same level of detail is not shared across the board for this line.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #618
Vallos
Jubilee

My guess is that they will be priced accordingly. I see Lucky and Derby more in line like the Sucker Punch girls... detailed but not super detailed like Whisper. I see them priced around $50 to $100 cheaper. Katya may be priced similar to Whisper. While less detailed, she comes with a full sized dog. Fireball's price I can't figure out. She too is like Luck and Derby, but she comes with two huge (formula 1?) tires. Having said that, it serves me best to not expect different pricing.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #619
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
While doubtful, I hope the prices vary. Because your right, the same level of detail is not shared across the board for this line.
I'd describe it as a level of complexity. They all have the same level of detail appropriate to their outfit. But Whisper is more complex with the number or parts, decals, variety of materials and transparent parts. All that additional complexity takes more time and drives cost. So I do hope the others are offered at a lower price.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #620
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I'd describe it as a level of complexity. They all have the same level of detail appropriate to their outfit. But Whisper is more complex with the number or parts, decals, variety of materials and transparent parts. All that additional complexity takes more time and drives cost. So I do hope the others are offered at a lower price.
I think the others will be lower priced with a higher edition size.

The chick with the big gun is probly my fav piece. She looks great. I plan to get the whole line.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote