Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #611
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

Hey guys, I just finished my Bestas wall not too long ago. I went three high and five across, that would have been 15 Tombo doors and at $55 plus tax, would have cost me almost $1000. Instead I had my local glass guy custom cut me 5 pieces of 1/4"thick for $50 each. Each piece was about 22"W x 73"H. To hold the glass in place I drilled tiny holes on the top and bottom sides and used the extra shelve pins to hold the glass in place. It worked out great. I understand they are not doors with hinges but I said to myself how often do I really need to open the displays. It serves my purpose, I have some pictures of them in the collection corner under "capchi's collection from the heart", check it out. I also finish the other displays and customized the glass sizes. It saves me plenty of $$$ and also gives me flexibility on adjusting the shelves. I'll post some close-up pictures of the displays when I get the chance.
capchi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #612
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by capchi3 View Post
Hey guys, I just finished my Bestas wall not too long ago. I went three high and five across, that would have been 15 Tombo doors and at $55 plus tax, would have cost me almost $1000. Instead I had my local glass guy custom cut me 5 pieces of 1/4"thick for $50 each. Each piece was about 22"W x 73"H. To hold the glass in place I drilled tiny holes on the top and bottom sides and used the extra shelve pins to hold the glass in place. It worked out great. I understand they are not doors with hinges but I said to myself how often do I really need to open the displays. It serves my purpose, I have some pictures of them in the collection corner under "capchi's collection from the heart", check it out. I also finish the other displays and customized the glass sizes. It saves me plenty of $$$ and also gives me flexibility on adjusting the shelves. I'll post some close-up pictures of the displays when I get the chance.
That actually looks a lot cleaner not having all the door hardware on there.... nice job
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #613
adee
Green Arrow

Very nice capchi3! I think I am going to look into doing the same. I only need two.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #614
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

You guys know where can I find strips of LED just like the Dioder from Ikea but brighter like day light ?
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #615
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Can you show a close up of the pins.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:34 AM   #616
luiggi505
Death is hereditary.

Great idea i was looking for some custom doors for my bestas.
luiggi505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #617
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

capchi's collection Bestas Display

Here are my Bestas Displays. I went with custom doors or most people would say "glass Inserts" because there are no Hindges. Because of the money I saved and how often do I actually need to open the door I came up with this idea. Here are some pictures, not really hard to do. If you notice the bottom cubes I placed the extra shelf on the bottom. Simply measure and drill 4 small holes and use the extra shelve pins that came with the bestas shelfs. You can also use small white tap nails instead of the shelf pins. This helps the glass stay in place and it does look nicer with the "step up" from the base. Only four holes required, two left/right on top and two left/right on the bottom. feel free to ask me any more questions you may have.
capchi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #618
gamegod2x
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Here are my Bestas Displays. I went with custom doors or most people would say "glass Inserts" because there are no Hindges. Because of the money I saved and how often do I actually need to open the door I came up with this idea. Here are some pictures, not really hard to do. If you notice the bottom cubes I placed the extra shelf on the bottom. Simply measure and drill 4 small holes and use the extra shelve pins that came with the bestas shelfs. You can also use small white tap nails instead of the shelf pins. This helps the glass stay in place and it does look nicer with the "step up" from the base. Only four holes required, two left/right on top and two left/right on the bottom. feel free to ask me any more questions you may have.
Nice and very clean setup. I personally would like to have a hinge to get at the statues easier but thata just me. Congrats!
gamegod2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #619
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Nice work, really clean finish.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #620
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Looks good. You also can adjust the shelf height and not have to worry about it looking wonky with the doors.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote