Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #611
JRodri2540
The Avengers

Hi Jerry

Now that we know that Sagat will not be the next 1/4 statue released for the street fighter line can you tell us who the next one is? Also will you be offering super exclusives like you did with Chun-Li or was that a one time thing?

Thanks
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #612
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRodri2540 View Post
Also will you be offering super exclusives like you did with Chun-Li or was that a one time thing?[/B][/COLOR]
PLEASE NO!!! 2 of each is enough to collect for a completist
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #613
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Jerry can we please just see a pic of Sagat? Please..
SARFARAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #614
Midnitesuby
A day without sunshine is like... night.

for the love of the Street Fighter Gods,..please give us a sneak of Sagat. The wait has been excruciating..
Midnitesuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #615
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

yea...sagat pic please ~~~
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #616
TheSFToySpirit
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Jerry can you tell us a bit more about your next new SF fully sculpted line?.. The scale for example

Is it possible for you to reveal the next SF PF, Dhalsim, Alex or even another??..

And please a pic of Sagaaat!!!

TheSFToySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #617
XMAN
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Who is it jerry? Please show us a pic!!!
YES PLEASE.......
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #618
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
PLEASE NO!!! 2 of each is enough to collect for a completist
Haha that's great I forgot that there are collectors that must have every variation of these even if it's the same character. I am so happy that I only need one of each character to be happy and so is my bank account

I'm with the rest of the peeps Jerry....Whos' next and can we have a sneak pic of Sagat once he's approved by capcom? ......Eddy.. Eddy.. Eddy....It's time for Chanko Stew & Hundred Hand Slaps
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #619
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Im not trying to sound biased here and I dont own any PCS pieces yet. But I do have to agree with Jerry on the sulpts of the syco pieces so far. The details on them look great, but theirs something about the proportions that seem off. For instance, sub-zero's waist seems very narrow...like hes wearing a corset under there? His arms seem a tad to thick and over
sized (in particular his shoulders).

In regards to the syco scorpion PF, again the detailes are really well done but the proportions seem off. The thing that strikes me the most as being off is his height. His legs seem a little short which gives him a "stubby" look. Where as PCS scorpion seems in scale with the rest of his body.

So with that said, in terms of "proportional accuracy" PCS wins that match. As for the added features (switch out head, arms, light up feature) that is a bonus which is almost on par with PCS. Personally, the light up feature doesnt add that much incentive for me...but its a nice touch.

The bases syco is using although uniform to all the other pieces, looks kinda cheap to me. Almost has that sort of "bookend" feeling. The grey color choice for them is horrible and make them look plastic. Also, I think they are WAY to thick, over an inch I believe. Which is why these pieces stand over 19"+ tall.

The PCS base is much more involved/intricate and also pays homage to the game. The hands coming out of the lava is taken right from "hell" level in the game, which I think is a great touch.

The only thing I REALLY hope PCS will improve on is the frequency at which they put out characters. I believe 2-3 PF's a year is reasonable enough to satisfy most peoples appetite.

Chris

I know this thread is for questions so I will just make "one" comment .. but I have to agree on this.. even to the untrained eye some proportions seem 'off' to me, including such areas as the arm pit 'seam' across the pieces, the shortened 'collar bone' area on pieces such as Lui Kang and Kitana, and the leg to arm ratio (legs not having the musclar build in proportion to the arms, and the torso) - that is without looking at the picture, just things I noticed as soon as I did see.. Also I think they could benefit from a better flesh tone app, as it seems a little too bland.. having said that; Syco did improve and revise the Lui Kang sculpt (at least they are going for improvement), I'm sure the sculptor will continue to improve. Also the latest 18" Scoprion seems to have alot better flesh tone than the pieces released up until now. I also think their strong-point is the details on the attire, I like the work they put into the clothes.
What I really want is the PCS MK pieces, but I will snack on the Syco pieces while I wait, the characters I really love. I love that they are doing cool characters like Shao Kahn and Motaro. Put it this way - for me, 1 company's will be for a mumseum style display (more like 'art' is a great way of putting it), and the other will be for a games style display. It's not about being a fanboy at all - Jerry just has a very refined style (and w/ the amount of processes it goes through) - that once you know what he requires to meet the benchmark, and won't accept if it doesn't - you can only admire.. The musculature and anatomy is of a different class, plain and simple. I have no bias, I just want the best product out there, above any other, with its own flavour.. but each person has their own 'taste'.. I skimmed over another Syco thread and I think someone hit it on the head when they said they are 2 different styles.. I'm just glad to finally have MK stuff out there.. I am thankful to both companies for that

Now.. Question time

Jerry, with 2 companies now releasing MK9 characters, I think it makes great business sense to push foward a classic MK release so you can tap in to and see the potential market there. Any chance of seeing Sub-Zero creep up before 2nd half of the year?

and 1 for the SF choire .. Sneak of Sagat plz

also.. This SF statue which capcom approved, is it from SF II or SF III?
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #620
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Jerry dude if you can't post a sneak of Sagat can you atleast tell us when we'll see him so we can all stop asking you, lol.
SARFARAZ is offline   Reply With Quote