Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-22-2023, 11:34 PM   #611
bladou20
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

For those who still want to buy this, Secret Compass has the deluxe version in stock. I just ordered that one as the regular version is listed as a pre-order.
bladou20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 11:14 PM   #612
Tacheyon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So I my Deluxe Statue came in tonight. It looks spectacular. There doesn't appear to have any paint issues (that my untrained eye) can see. The Mirror looks imposing as well.

It would be better if it could light up! Not sure if anyone else has had issues with theirs. The battery housing box seems a bit off and one of the batteries seems to fit really tight on the sides. But I made sure all points were making contact and tried new and slightly used (but still strong) batteries. And no lights.

I thought I would ask first before I contact Sideshow and try and risk getting a new copy. See if anyone has some suggestions. Or if everyone's lit up no problems.

***Edit*** I contacted Sideshow and within a day I had a replacement Mirror on it's way to me. I only know this because I got a DHL notification, but no e-mail from Sideshow. Hopefully the paint is good and the light works. I wonder if I send back the busted one or have me destroy it.
Tacheyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 01:12 PM   #613
bladou20
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I finally had a chance to unbox mine yesterday. I guess I got lucky because mine didn't have any real issues compared to what I've seen from some of the collectors here. I did notice that the cloak on the front does not reach the base and seems to levitate. I didn't bother putting the batteries in the mirror to test it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231011_130420.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	165286   Click image for larger version

Name:	20231011_130427.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	165287  
bladou20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 01:50 PM   #614
Demona
Lex Luthor

My replacement statue arrived today.
Not sure if I will get around to opening it today, but you know I'm curious to see how this goes.
There is bright red tape around the top, never had that before.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 02:32 PM   #615
qz33
Graviton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
My replacement statue arrived today.
Not sure if I will get around to opening it today, but you know I'm curious to see how this goes.
There is bright red tape around the top, never had that before.
PCS always used Red and Green tape to signify APs/replacements and now I've had a Tweeterhead AP and a Sideshow UNnumbered pieces come from Sideshow that have the same red or even blue tape.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 02:37 PM   #616
coolbear
Justice League

If I'm not mistaken Sideshow staff checks the replacement statue before shipping it. If I had to guess, they might check statues that are part of their "replacement stock".
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 02:57 PM   #617
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
PCS always used Red and Green tape to signify APs/replacements and now I've had a Tweeterhead AP and a Sideshow UNnumbered pieces come from Sideshow that have the same red or even blue tape.
Well that would be interesting about the green tape since my Evil Queen first statue - brand new supposedly - had green tape. That was the first I had of that too, but didn't think of it. The red sticks out like a sore thumb so I hope they really did check this statue and put it all together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbear View Post
If I'm not mistaken Sideshow staff checks the replacement statue before shipping it. If I had to guess, they might check statues that are part of their "replacement stock".
If they do, they botched in the past with me. Storm went back three times before getting it right! However, I never had colored tape on any of those boxes.
Hoping this Evil Queen comes out great!
Old 10-11-2023, 07:25 PM   #618
coolbear
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

If they do, they botched in the past with me. Storm went back three times before getting it right! However, I never had colored tape on any of those boxes.
Hoping this Evil Queen comes out great!
I don't know what is the reasoning for using colorful tapes but I have received replacement statues from Sideshow with regular (clear) tape as well as green, yellow and red tape.

In the end, I hope the replacement statue has no issue but those colorful tapes are intriguing.

Anyway, back to the Evil Queen discussion.
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 11:18 PM   #619
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

My replacement shipper box had red tape as well. Hopefully, that is a good sign Demona and your replacement turns out great.

Anytime I ask for a replacement, also ask the Sideshow's Representative to please inspect my statue for issues before reshipping.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 11:00 AM   #620
Demona
Lex Luthor

I asked them to do that for me, Xellos, but didn't hear if they would. Do they ever tell you if they actually opened up, inspected, and assembled the statue for you?