Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-10-2015, 11:34 AM   #621
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

$2k?!

Sideshow, we would only pay $399 for this! Right guys!......guys?
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:35 AM   #622
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
Lol the only time I will pay $2k is if the paint job as good as the proto and ES is 1,000 max worldwide (EX and Reg combined) and contingent on there will be no variant in the future. I know that's not gonna happen with Sideshow so $2k saved.

Can't believe Magneto (800 ES) and Doom PF (1500 ES) are selling for $3K-$4K now. Sculpt wise this Sonja is in the conversation with those 2 IMO - probably better (assuming the production piece will be excellent).

The only thing that will be different is the ES.
I agree with that Mamba. The ES heavily influences how much I'm willing to spend on a piece. If it's not limited there's no way I can justify that kind of price tag. Judging from the reaction to this piece I don't think it will be very limited.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #623
COI

At the last charity auction, a couple prototypes went for big money. If they started selling prototypes and production samples, 2K probably wouldn't even scratch the surface for most of their pieces. They know that, and they also know how much money it costs to produce those prototypes and pre-production samples.

Prototypes fall under original art. If any of these prototypes were offered up for 2K with complete documentation, I'd trip all over myself to pay them.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:38 AM   #624
qz33
Baron Zemo

I would only pay 2K for that 1 of 1 prototype.
No way I'm paying 2K for a 1000 ES even if the paint does approach the prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
Lol the only time I will pay $2k is if the paint job as good as the proto and ES is 1,000 max worldwide (EX and Reg combined) and contingent on there will be no variant in the future. I know that's not gonna happen with Sideshow so $2k saved.

Can't believe Magneto (800 ES) and Doom PF (1500 ES) are selling for $3K-$4K now. Sculpt wise this Sonja is in the conversation with those 2 IMO - probably better (assuming the production piece will be excellent).

The only thing that will be different is the ES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
$2k?!

Sideshow, we would only pay $399 for this! Right guys!......guys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I agree with that Mamba. The ES heavily influences how much I'm willing to spend on a piece. If it's not limited there's no way I can justify that kind of price tag. Judging from the reaction to this piece I don't think it will be very limited.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #625
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
+1
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #626
qz33
Baron Zemo

I bet there are people at the con that would pay 10K or more right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
At the last charity auction, a couple prototypes went for big money. If they started selling prototypes and production samples, 2K probably wouldn't even scratch the surface for most of their pieces. They know that, and they also know how much money it costs to produce those prototypes and pre-production samples.

Prototypes fall under original art. If any of these prototypes were offered up for 2K with complete documentation, I'd trip all over myself to pay them.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #627
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Send her to the factory that painted Lobo and Batgirl. Those seem to be damn near proto.

Oh but make sure they can shade skin tones sine Red has a lot of flesh on display

FTR I'm betting they price this near $550.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #628
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Yeah, let's do the math here...

For 1000 ES @$2K/piece Sideshow will get $2,000,000 in revenue.

My guess the ES will be 5,000 at least so to get to 2 mil, the price for this should be $400.

But I know that is not going to happen, if wolverine is $479.99, this will be at least $499.99. It won't be cheaper than that.

But seriously though the larger the ES the lower the price should be. If Sideshow price this at $499.99 the ES should not be over 4,000 (I hope).
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #629
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I bet there are people at the con that would pay 10K or more right now.
Absolutely. If there are any "grails" in this hobby, they're prototypes. I know I'd sell some of my silver and golden age comics to put together 10K for a prototype of one of my favorite pieces, and there are lots of people who are a lot wealthier than I am who would be bidding against me.

And this is coming from someone who isn't willing to pay more than 1K for any production piece.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #630
built2shred
Phoenix

For $670 XM was able to give Magneto prototype quality paint applications, so factories are able to do it, it comes down to what companies are willing to pay them to do it. Everyone knows XM pays the factory workers top wages to get perfection on their paint applications. So I find it a bit silly that people defend SS from doing the same.

Also my XM Iron Man 42 statue has a flawless paint application on it. So yeah it can be done SS just needs to spend a little more money to make it happen.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote