Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-05-2019, 11:04 PM   #621
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
As a huge fan of X-men... All their movies are a big disappointment. I stopped watching after the first 3. Their timeline is a HUGE MESS.
Part of me thinks that’s part of the problem. From a lot of comments I’ve read on the topic there seems to be a correlation between how big a fan a person is to the source material, and how much they dislike the X-Men films. The bigger the fan the more they don’t like what’s been done to their beloved characters on the big screen.

I read the X-Men comics religiously in the 90s and early 2000’s, but I could separate the two mediums. Because as far as I was concerned it was a miracle back then. The only films I didn’t care far were X-3 and Apocalypse, and the first Wolverine film.

And with regards to the MCU, while I knew of the Avenger characters, it was only what I knew of from bits and pieces of information. So for me the MCU was a breath of fresh air, with no preconceived notions on what the movie ‘should’ be.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:08 PM   #622
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Fairly decent is a understatement. One of the best.
Back in the day I loved X-2 and Spider-Man 2, but I must admit I haven’t watched either in quite a while.

And while Dark Knight has my vote for best comic based movie, I’ve only seen it twice, whereas the MCU films imo lend themselves more easily for repeat viewings. I’ve probably watched Avengers and Iron Man a couple dozen times over.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:24 PM   #623
SONICobra
Batman

X2 had some awesome fight scenes - wolverine at xaviers school, mystique at alkali lake, woverine vs lady deathstrike. and who didnt geek out when the phoenix silhouette appeared in the water? (only to be let down with the abomination that is X3)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:44 PM   #624
Peedi
The Secret Six

X-Men, X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Logan, Deadpool and Deadpool 2 are the movies I like.

The timeline is extremely F’d. Multiple versions of the same character across different times (60s Emma, but teenage 80s Emma, teen 80s Jubilee and teen 2000s Jubilee), impossible events (the whole Jean and Prof. X meeting thing), inexplicable character aging (Havok, Quicksilver)...you have to just not take these movies too seriously.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:57 PM   #625
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
X-Men, X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Logan, Deadpool and Deadpool 2 are the movies I like.

The timeline is extremely F’d. Multiple versions of the same character across different times (60s Emma, but teenage 80s Emma, teen 80s Jubilee and teen 2000s Jubilee), impossible events (the whole Jean and Prof. X meeting thing), inexplicable character aging (Havok, Quicksilver)...you have to just not take these movies too seriously.
I’m thinking you’re asking for the impossible there.

And the continuity errors etc have never really concerned Fox Studios all that much.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:49 AM   #626
Peedi
The Secret Six

Lol it’s not impossible. If the people who make them don’t take them too seriously, then why should I?

Unlike Batman (3 or 4 cinematic versions?), Spider-Man (3 cinematic versions?), TMNT (too many), Cap (3 versions?), FF (3), Superman (3), etc, X-Men has never been rebooted. This is just one movie franchise, there’ll be more in the future.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:46 AM   #627
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Lol it’s not impossible. If the people who make them don’t take them too seriously, then why should I?

Unlike Batman (3 or 4 cinematic versions?), Spider-Man (3 cinematic versions?), TMNT (too many), Cap (3 versions?), FF (3), Superman (3), etc, X-Men has never been rebooted. This is just one movie franchise, there’ll be more in the future.
X-men has been softly rebooted. They tried with First class, then chickened out.
savage.CAP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:01 AM   #628
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
X-men has been softly rebooted. They tried with First class, then chickened out.
I thought First Class was intended to be a prequel, not a reboot?

Days of Future Past I guess was the reboot since it changed continuity but since it intentionally altered the timeline it’s still the same series to me and not a full reboot. And also, it didn’t help anything. I like the movie on its own but timeline is still screwed and the next movie in the series still sucked...

APOCALYPSE!!! My favorite villain (when written right) and they did him super dirty. It seems in Dark Phoenix they do the space scene similar to the original comic storyline where Jean first becomes the Phoenix but Apocalypse showed she already had the Phoenix powers so I hope it’s not another continuity issue.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:23 PM   #629
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I thought First Class was intended to be a prequel, not a reboot?

Days of Future Past I guess was the reboot since it changed continuity but since it intentionally altered the timeline it’s still the same series to me and not a full reboot. And also, it didn’t help anything. I like the movie on its own but timeline is still screwed and the next movie in the series still sucked...

APOCALYPSE!!! My favorite villain (when written right) and they did him super dirty. It seems in Dark Phoenix they do the space scene similar to the original comic storyline where Jean first becomes the Phoenix but Apocalypse showed she already had the Phoenix powers so I hope it’s not another continuity issue.
I mean, the earlier X films confirmed that Scott and Jean were some of Professor x fist students, so it was an “alternate/retcon universe”. And just talking about this now proves how much of a mess and crap shoot their writing was on these films.
savage.CAP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:37 PM   #630
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

+1 X-Men movie franchise is a disaster...

Needs a complete reboot, new casting, and a lot darker...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote