Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-15-2023, 08:51 AM   #621
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Odd that render has the 70's style belt on Batman. I would've loved it if the blue/grey had that belt and oval bat.
Oh, great catch. Hmmm, if they went that far, then yeah, why not make a full bright blue and grey with yellow oval variant? That would make an amazing EX2 lol.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 11:02 AM   #622
gearhead
The Herculoids

Yep. Blue/grey would've been an actual EX and something special instead of just a repaint. They did it on the previous version, why not on this one?
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 03:14 PM   #623
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Yep. Blue/grey would've been an actual EX and something special instead of just a repaint. They did it on the previous version, why not on this one?
To save money, I guess

It works as a hush variant but I agree it should have more changes to differentiate
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 03:56 PM   #624
gearhead
The Herculoids

If I never see another Hush variant again it would still be too soon. Meanwhile I'd probably kill someone for a quality Neal Adams.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 12:32 AM   #625
Buttmunch
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
I got SCOLDED for daring to suggest we MIGHT make the base a TINY BIT taller during SDCC last year to get SLIGHTLY closer to the height of Superman and WW... you mustve missed all that, that was crazy, you woudlve thought I ran over someones dog on purpose while flipping them off.

The new base I think is dang near identical in height to the previous base...
I honestly did miss all of that, sorry all the hate that gets thrown your guys? way. Constructive criticism is fair in any line of work but the collector/fan community usually takes things way too far and it just straight up mean and hateful at times. This Batman piece seems to have been one of those hot button pieces. Darned if you do, darned if you don?t. For what it?s worth I think you had the right instinct to try and make the base a little higher or at least had Wonder Woman?s base smaller. I guess it?s all down to personal preference who might be displayed as the middle - which might not even be how many people display these. Far too many options to please everyone. I think offering both black and blue options was a brilliant call as that will probably be the never ending disagreement on what color Batman should be. Choices are good!
Buttmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 02:40 AM   #626
generalszabo

I thought that's why it got delayed so much, as the base was being made bigger. There will always be people who complain and moan but often that's just the vocal minority, and doesn't necessarily mean you should listen. Now the whole pose has been changed, which is a bizarre thing to do IMO
Old 07-16-2023, 04:59 AM   #627
KiDD
Mephisto

Quote:
If I never see another Hush variant again it would still be too soon. Meanwhile I'd probably kill someone for a quality Neal Adams.
Word. Bermejo, Lee and co. are cool and such but for me the definite Batman statue would be a quality Adams piece, although I would mind a true Alex Ross or BTAS either.

A man can dream...
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 06:28 AM   #628
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
Word. Bermejo, Lee and co. are cool and such but for me the definite Batman statue would be a quality Adams piece, although I would mind a true Alex Ross or BTAS either.

A man can dream...
I wonder if they could do a slightly more realistic BTAS version without making it look silly. There are customs of Alex ross to scratch that itch, but I agree neal adams bats would be amazing
Old 07-16-2023, 10:04 AM   #629
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Since Batman is DC's cash cow, I think it would be cool if we did see a Batman line of statues done the way that the Batman Black and White statues are done with each statue based on a specific artist but in color and in a larger scale.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 05:22 PM   #630
dadarkknight
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
This Trinity look fantastic together. I could put Batman on a riser or just leave it as is ....and I'd be fine. I'm good either way.
I think the captain Morgan pose for the Original Batman look better with these two than the one they have now. Because Supes and WW pose is museum while bats in dynamic. I also like the first prototype of Bats better than this one. I like the base and all one the first prototype
dadarkknight is offline   Reply With Quote