Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:37 PM   #6381
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Break a leg, Malkii! I know you'll have a good show. Just remember some advice that a good friend gave to me when I was stressing about stage managing:

It's just a show. It's not brain surgery, and the world isn't going to end if something goes wrong. Just keep doing the stuff that's going right, and you'll be okay.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #6382
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkii View Post
Keep me in your thoughts tonight... tonight is the first performance of a show that I put together for a benefit for AIDs walk Atlanta... Its called Notes for a Cause and a Cure... It starts tonight and runs through Sunday... I am hopeing it will raise about $5000 so wish us luck, well i guess you shouldn't do that since its a show... but tells us to Break a Leg... I am just hoping everything goes well...
All the luck in the world Mal!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #6383
malkii
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Location: Somewhere you have never been, nor do you want to go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
Break a leg, Malkii! I know you'll have a good show. Just remember some advice that a good friend gave to me when I was stressing about stage managing:

It's just a show. It's not brain surgery, and the world isn't going to end if something goes wrong. Just keep doing the stuff that's going right, and you'll be okay.
and thats the thing, in all the shows i have been in something has gone wrong, but you just keep going... but i am a little more nervous about this one, since it is my show... a friend of mine is helping out as the director, and he has done a great job... and i am sure it is going to be fine... just getting a little case of the jitters getting this close... only 3 hours till we are on stage...
Old 09-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #6384
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
and thats the thing, in all the shows i have been in something has gone wrong, but you just keep going... but i am a little more nervous about this one, since it is my show... a friend of mine is helping out as the director, and he has done a great job... and i am sure it is going to be fine... just getting a little case of the jitters getting this close... only 3 hours till we are on stage...
Good Luck Mal!

Remember if you worry about something happening then it's going to happen to just relax and have fun
Old 09-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #6385
malkii
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Location: Somewhere you have never been, nor do you want to go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Good Luck Mal!

Remember if you worry about something happening then it's going to happen to just relax and have fun
I will just picture those guys washing my car... and forget all about the show...
Old 09-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #6386
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
If that's the only x-Men you ever knew, then again, you have my condolences.
Its not the only one, jesse, but I grew up reading those guys!

and I prefer them to those aweful first few stories stan lee wrote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #6387
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Keep me in your thoughts tonight... tonight is the first performance of a show that I put together for a benefit for AIDs walk Atlanta... Its called Notes for a Cause and a Cure... It starts tonight and runs through Sunday... I am hopeing it will raise about $5000 so wish us luck, well i guess you shouldn't do that since its a show... but tells us to Break a Leg... I am just hoping everything goes well...
break a leg!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #6388
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
Its not the only one, jesse, but I grew up reading those guys!

and I prefer them to those aweful first few stories stan lee wrote
They're only awful by today's standards. I remember reading reprints avidly in the 70s. At the time the comics came out, they were considered ground-breaking. Well, if not ground-breaking, certainly fresh and new.

Do I think Stan Lee is a great writer? No. Did he create some great characters through less-than-stellar ability? Definitely. But let's not chalk them up as 'awful' when without them, the X-Men wouldn't exist.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #6389
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
They're only awful by today's standards. I remember reading reprints avidly in the 70s. At the time the comics came out, they were considered ground-breaking. Well, if not ground-breaking, certainly fresh and new.
Thank you

Quote:
Do I think Stan Lee is a great writer? No. Did he create some great characters through less-than-stellar ability? Definitely. But let's not chalk them up as 'awful' when without them, the X-Men wouldn't exist.
While I will concede that Stan was never the best of writers, his and Kirby's imagination and innovation of the medium was matched by no one! And even if the earliest story lines don't hold water (which I think they do, when you consider when they were written), the later stories by Roy Thomas and Neal Adams, as well as Claremont and C0ckrum, and Claremont and Byrne have never been surpassed .. by A N Y O N E!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:59 PM   #6390
bat_collector
Galactus

Its funny how you two are assuming I said I never liked anyting before jim lee, because I never said that. I did say I grew up reading that era, and I don't know how I can be faulted for that (having no control when I was born)

I enjoy the giant size xmen era and after very much

but I tried to read the stan lee original stories and was just grateful someone made an interesting concept much better in execution
Closed Thread