Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-07-2017, 02:47 AM   #631
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyflow33 View Post
Tell Sideshow
Dunno bout the others but SS has repeatedly not offered refunds for delays over 30 days. Often saying "we'll do this as a one time courtesy". Some people have reported that they can in fact get a refund however it seems to be pretty dependent on the support rep you get. As a matter of fact very specifically in their policy it says 90 days.

"NRDs may be refunded upon cancellation only in the rare case that the item’s delivery date has been delayed by more than 90 days from the original estimated arrival date. Collectors would need to contact us directly to cancel their order and request for their NRD to be refunded."
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:25 AM   #632
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I understand that you want "accurate" information, but the reality is that the accurate information is "when it's done". This isn't just me repeating what Jerry has said. How do you honestly think you can get a more accurate date from a third-party contractor (Chinese factories)? They're performing work for you - they present it to you - you're either happy and approve -
or you say, 'do it again'.

Some people can't seem to accept this truth, and if you can't, then PCS may not be for you. At least pre-ordering from them. Maybe wait and take your chances in the aftermarket after release.

This is a known issue, and it's unlikely to change that much, as PCS doesn't get priority treatment from factories, combined with Jerry delaying the product until it satisfies him.

People complaining about PCS delivery times compared to almost any other company must conveniently forget that PCS doesn't have the size and clout of a Sideshow (that demands the factory please them, to maintain their business), nor do they charge the higher prices like Prime 1 and XM. And you can actually lower the price further with a discount by paying in full, to offset the wait times (if you want to look at it that way). Who else does that?

PCS occupies a different part in the statue industry ecosystem, and if you're impatient, it would probably benefit everyone if you look elsewhere in the future. To Jerry's credit, he's actually looking to address certain issues with new management, but PCS may always put value first, which means other factors, like speedy delivery, will be secondary.
No offence mate, but 1:3 scale prices are up there with P1's. Ultra line already at 500+(SSC prices). I'm waiting to order Chun-Li, which is going to cost probably close to 1k. ONE THOUSAND!!! So yeah, the prices are definitely the same as other companies. Waiting time, and QC on the products is definitely not on par with the likes of P1 which often surpasses the prototype statues. Why ganging up on the new guy for the lack of knowledge? He has legitimate concerns, and if I wouldn't know that PCS is taking so long to release the statues, I would be pissed off too. Even now they still have the 12-15 month release window, where if ANYONE knows it's them, that this will NOT happen. It's pure and simple - LYING. They try to reel in new customers with the movie franchise statues, customers that have no idea about how their business operates. Then you get frustrated folks coming here to seek information (as where else would they get it - no updates from PCS for months). And then we get almost every single thread poisoned by spiteful comments. So who is responsible for this? I don't really have to spell it out, do I?
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:47 AM   #633
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
You don't get to have it both ways. If you're saying that PCS should be following the law then the NRD is very much refundable when PCS has delayed longer than 30 days past the posted release date when the buyer ordered the item.

PCS is so much worse because they have been telling customers, many of whom seem to be from overseas and are rightfully not educated on US consumer protection laws, the complete opposite of what they as a company are required to do.

Tell Sideshow, Big Bad Toy Store, Midtown Comics or any other seller that you want to cancel because a pre-ordered item is delayed 30+ days past the anticipated release date and they'll apologize and promptly refund any of your money paid. They do not ignore emails/phone calls or take 4 weeks to process a cancellation.
That's fine then. I was merely expressing my opinion on refunds of NRDs, when and if it is clearly stated on a pre-order page that release dates are TBD, and NRDs are non-refundable. I believe a responsible consumer shouldn't have much argument in that case. Seems more akin to a frivolous McDonald's "Hot Coffee" lawsuit to me, i.e. unnecessarily stating what should be obvious.

But I don't know exactly what the law states, nor do I know how/why the law was set up the way it is. So I'll take your word for it. If it differs from my perspective, so be it. I defer to the law, as it pertains to the specific NRD topic. PCS should abide by it, like I said.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:23 PM   #634
hockeyflow33
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
That's fine then. I was merely expressing my opinion on refunds of NRDs, when and if it is clearly stated on a pre-order page that release dates are TBD, and NRDs are non-refundable. I believe a responsible consumer shouldn't have much argument in that case. Seems more akin to a frivolous McDonald's "Hot Coffee" lawsuit to me, i.e. unnecessarily stating what should be obvious.
The McDonald's suit was far from frivolous. McDonald's had been sued repeatedly for keeping their coffee far too hot because it allowed them to make less coffee per day. The plaintiff in that case was an elderly woman who suffered third degree burns all over her lower body including her groin, was hospitalized and forced to undergo skin grafts.

Sellers should not be allowed to hold a deposit in limbo for years with no end date in sight. If you're someone who ordered and paid in full with the expectation that the statue would be released in 14 months, the seller should not be able to hold onto your money, profit on it, and then deliver your statue in 30 months. Consumers should be, and are, protected from nonsense like that.
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:27 PM   #635
hockeyflow33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Dunno bout the others but SS has repeatedly not offered refunds for delays over 30 days. Often saying "we'll do this as a one time courtesy". Some people have reported that they can in fact get a refund however it seems to be pretty dependent on the support rep you get. As a matter of fact very specifically in their policy it says 90 days.

"NRDs may be refunded upon cancellation only in the rare case that the item’s delivery date has been delayed by more than 90 days from the original estimated arrival date. Collectors would need to contact us directly to cancel their order and request for their NRD to be refunded."
The law changed in the last couple years and you'll see that Sideshow's delivery window on new items is three months, which is what that 90 day window is. I've never had an issue getting a NRD back when citing the delay as the reason for the cancellation.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:52 PM   #636
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
The law changed in the last couple years and you'll see that Sideshow's delivery window on new items is three months, which is what that 90 day window is. I've never had an issue getting a NRD back when citing the delay as the reason for the cancellation.
I have :|

Masked Predator LSB.

Which is why I had them ship it to me so I could say "this is crap and looks absolutely nothing like the proto or even good" and went through the return process. Which they also didn't want to do.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:30 AM   #637
hockeyflow33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I have :|

Masked Predator LSB.

Which is why I had them ship it to me so I could say "this is crap and looks absolutely nothing like the proto or even good" and went through the return process. Which they also didn't want to do.
You can't cite the delay as the cancellation when you've received the item.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #638
Choopie
Birdman

June/July shipping according to the newsletter.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #639
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #640
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Yeeeaaahh!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote